Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Overheat
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by Overheat » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:04 am

thought I'd share this thread with RobMan from the Happy Console Gamer show, but it seems he already knew about it:
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... re_comment

Image
Overheat's Top 10 Auctions *updated weekly (or thereabouts)* | CLICK HERE

User avatar
Random Hero
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by Random Hero » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:26 am

If you can make Rob Man jealous, you know you've got a good collection. :)

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 am

I think I will go for it starting next month! Save up a bit of money, draw up a list of wants and then start tracking them all down :D
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
nakamura
Posts: 7582
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:32 pm
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by nakamura » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:18 am

Genuine question.

What is it about Mega Man? :)
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:09 am

nakamura wrote:Genuine question.

What is it about Mega Man? :)
For me its the perfect blend of action and platforming while managing to maintain a nice difficulty curve which makes repeated playthroughs challenging yet fun. That and the non linear approach to levels has always been a feature I've loved, and the boss fights have always been a highlight of the series, working out how to perfect my buster only strategies against them (especially against tough opponents like Elec Man). That and there is so much stuff out there that it makes a great series to collect for, and as I'm a huge fan of the series it means I'll play through all of it eventually.
Random Hero wrote:If you can make Rob Man jealous, you know you've got a good collection. :)
:D I've spoken to Rob about the collection before, its always nice to get comments back from fellow MM collectors.
Overheat wrote:thought I'd share this thread with RobMan from the Happy Console Gamer show, but it seems he already knew about it:
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... re_comment

Image
Awesome :D It seems that the Megaman 7 art cels are many peoples favourites as its usually the piece that most people mention plus they are personal favourites of mine. I'd love to get a set of MM2 cels since its my favourite of the series.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
nakamura
Posts: 7582
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:32 pm
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by nakamura » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:37 am

ShadowMan wrote:
nakamura wrote:Genuine question.

What is it about Mega Man? :)
For me its the perfect blend of action and platforming while managing to maintain a nice difficulty curve which makes repeated playthroughs challenging yet fun. That and the non linear approach to levels has always been a feature I've loved, and the boss fights have always been a highlight of the series, working out how to perfect my buster only strategies against them (especially against tough opponents like Elec Man). That and there is so much stuff out t]
Awesome :D It seems that the Megaman 7 art cels are many peoples favourites as its usually the piece that most people mention plus they are personal favourites of mine. I'd love to get a set of MM2 cels since its my favourite of the series.[/quote]

Fair enough there. Been playing it a little myself lately and it is rather addictive. It is hard but fair in most cases I have seen so far. Controls well too. Really smart series that I never really looked at back in the day.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:51 am

Pictures of the couple of new arrivals I got this week:
Image

Megaman Powered Up/Maverick Hunter X Double Pack (USA Version) and Megaman Battle and Chase (Promo version)

Image
My shelf of Megaman figures so far. I've just put in a second shelf as I couldn't manage to fit all the X2 and X3 stuff on the first one!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
K1NGARTH3R
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 3:40 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by K1NGARTH3R » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:07 am

Excellent collection, but I thought there was only Mega Man 1-4 released in the UK for the NES?

You have Mega Man 5... Is this a UK release or just a europe/aus release with multi language text on the manual and back of box?

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:54 pm

K1NGARTH3R wrote:Excellent collection, but I thought there was only Mega Man 1-4 released in the UK for the NES?

You have Mega Man 5... Is this a UK release or just a europe/aus release with multi language text on the manual and back of box?
MM5 is a European release, my copy has got German text on the box back and the manual. As far as I know it was never released over here in the UK, and if it was I've certainly never seen a copy in all my searches!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:33 pm

A shot of all my Korean games together:
Image

Megaman The Power Battle, Power Fighters, Power Battle & Fighters Double Pack, Megaman X1-X2, Megaman X4, Megaman X5, Megaman X3-X5 Triple Pack, Megaman X6, Megaman X7 and lastly Megaman X8.

Unfortunately X4 is missing the front slipcase and although I've not come across it personally there is apparently a separate release for X3. X1&X2 are actually just Snes roms with a spiffy frontend, not really surprising since X2 never saw a PC port for whatever reason (every other X game did). X7 is rather special as out of all of them it only got a PC release in Korea (for whatever reason).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

maineieg
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by maineieg » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:05 am

I cant see why you hate megaman so much i think its a great series J/k

That my freind is masively impressive and i salute you

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:09 am

maineieg wrote:I cant see why you hate megaman so much i think its a great series J/k

That my freind is masively impressive and i salute you
Thanks :D
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
thesubcon3
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:27 pm
Location: vgmastersclub.com
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by thesubcon3 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:03 pm

So I noticed that I have a couple Mega Man things that you don't.... or at least don't have shown or I skimmed over them.

First off I saw you had a few of the Mega Man figures from the TV show, however you had series 2. I have had the series 1 figures since I was a kid. Mega Man, Proto Man, Cut Man, Guts Man, and Bomb Man. Never got Rush though.

Also, there are newer Mega Man figures that got released in the states around last Christmas where he has a more cartoony look.

Finally I have a pirate famicom cart of Rockman 5. I noticed you had a ton of others but not the one I have which is black and says 1998 on it.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:42 am

thesubcon3 wrote:So I noticed that I have a couple Mega Man things that you don't.... or at least don't have shown or I skimmed over them.

First off I saw you had a few of the Mega Man figures from the TV show, however you had series 2. I have had the series 1 figures since I was a kid. Mega Man, Proto Man, Cut Man, Guts Man, and Bomb Man. Never got Rush though.

Also, there are newer Mega Man figures that got released in the states around last Christmas where he has a more cartoony look.

Finally I have a pirate famicom cart of Rockman 5. I noticed you had a ton of others but not the one I have which is black and says 1998 on it.
I've been looking at the 90's Megaman figures quite a bit recently as it happens. I'm still undecided if I want a carded or loose collection but I've been watching a few auction to gauge price. I really like the "gimic" that the Megaman figure had - an interchangable buster hand so that he could use the Robot Masters weapons just like the games. They are next on my list to get, I got lucky with Drill and Bright Man as a UK seller auctioned them off and I got them for about £10 each, not bad considering season 2 characters (especially Snake Man) usually go for way more.

As for the newer cartoony figures, they are on the list as well but only if I can find them cheapish as they aren't high on my priorities list. I'd be interested to see the RM5 pirate cart you have, there seem to be endless pirate carts, hacks and goodness knows what else for Megaman which is one of the reasons I enjoy collecting the series so much!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:03 am

Picked up a few Megaman related bits over Xmas. Not to many but it did fill a couple of gaps in my collection.

Image

All 3 of the battle bruiser sets - Megaman X2, X3 and MM7. All the sets come with 5 figures that have a couple of points of articulation and the X2 and X3 sets come with a ring for them to battle in. I'd imagine there is also a MM7 set that comes with the ring as well but I've never come across one for sale.

Image
Two different games based on Megaman 5

Image
A closer look at one of the MM5 games - it comes with a few plastic figures, a case and something which makes sound effects.

Image
A closer look at the other MM5 game - it comes with a small board and a load of MM5 cards all based on MM5. The cards all have barcodes on them so they are compatible with the old Barcode battler!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests