Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TwoHeadedBoy

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sun May 22, 2011 6:47 am

DPrinny wrote:Re: that MegaMan thing I mentioned on page one

I... can't figure out what that is :?
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Sun May 22, 2011 7:17 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:I... can't figure out what that is :?
It's a woman.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun May 22, 2011 7:49 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Re: that MegaMan thing I mentioned on page one

I... can't figure out what that is :?
Next time your in its near the ladys bogs

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun May 22, 2011 9:33 am

The rest of my new arrivals:

Korean Snes releases of Megaman X (cart only unfortunately) and Megaman X3

The latest comics - Archie's Megaman issue 1, Megaman Battle Network Complete Works and Megaman Megamix Volume 3.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun May 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Christ, that's some dedication to a franchise! The only thing that would come close in my collection would be my Pokemon collection, which contains every Pal game ever release, few imports and tons of merchandise. Do however intend to collect all the games again, only this time boxed Japanese copies. XD
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon May 23, 2011 4:06 am

ALK wrote:Christ, that's some dedication to a franchise! The only thing that would come close in my collection would be my Pokemon collection, which contains every Pal game ever release, few imports and tons of merchandise. Do however intend to collect all the games again, only this time boxed Japanese copies. XD
Nice going on your Pokemon collection, I don't blame you for wanting to go for the Japanese releases as in my collection they tend to be my favourites as well (really nice boxes, manual artwork etc.) plus I'd imagine for a series like Pokemon there must be quite a few sequels etc. to track down :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon May 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Yeah, lot of spin offs and version types. XD I'll probably focus on the main series first, then get round to the spin offs (I say that, but yesterday I won Pocket Monsters Snap for £10 including postage). Also a chance to own games never released outside of Japan like Green and TCG 2.

Never really kept the cardboard boxes for my Pal collection, so that's partly a reason for going boxed on the Japanese ones (And like you say, they look so cool. XD)

As for Mega Man, I only played my first MM game a few years again when the NES games made their way to the Wii VC, so I've got a long way to go to catch up with yas. XD
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed May 25, 2011 8:16 am

Good God alive!! that is one awsome amazing collection you have there, utterly amazing. well done sir! I had no idea there was a Megman 4 & 5 on the Gameboy, doh! now I am going to have to look for them :lol:
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed May 25, 2011 10:07 am

bensonrad wrote:Good God alive!! that is one awsome amazing collection you have there, utterly amazing. well done sir! I had no idea there was a Megman 4 & 5 on the Gameboy, doh! now I am going to have to look for them :lol:
Your in for a tough time tracking down MM4 and 5 on the Gameboy if you want them complete. I'd say they are easily 2 of the rarest releases I tracked down (with only PAL Snes X3 being rarer). Bloody expensive too!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Got a nice update on my Megaman Collection today - A really unique piece in my Megaman Collection that is right up there with my Megaman 7 art cels in terms of rarity: The actual Design Board for the USA Megaman X3 box art.

The laser printed sheet of the finished box art (unfolded)

The tracing paper overlay which includes all kinds of design details and notes on the box art

And some black and white overlays which display the basic frame boxes and logo's positions

Needless to say I'm really happy with this, its an awesome and unique addition to my collection!

2 more different repro's for my Collection - another different Wily Wars and Megaman X3 both for the Megadrive.

Something else I've been after for ages is this figure box set which contains all 20 of the candy toys released for Rockman 4. This goes nicely with the Rockman 5 and 6 sets I have.

Various Megaman X Jazware figures/models I've picked up - 10 inch figures of Megaman X and Zero along with two Megaman X5 model kits (thanks to GigaPepsiMan for selling me these :D )

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:53 pm

i dare not think what that design board cost you
it is fascinating though
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:03 pm

snowkatt wrote:i dare not think what that design board cost you
it is fascinating though
It wasn't cheap that's for sure! I did manage to barter a couple of hundred dollars off the price though :)

Random Hero

Post by Random Hero » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Still need to pick myself up a copy of WIly Wars. :)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Random Hero wrote:Still need to pick myself up a copy of WIly Wars. :)
Well worth it for the exclusive Wily Tower on its own. Plus all 3 game's have had a difficulty increase (whether that was intentional or not) as your buster does way less damage on bosses in these remakes. Makes a few buster only run battles in the original Megaman hectic to say the least (Elec Man and Yellow Devil especially)

undamned

Post by undamned » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Oh, man! What an ace collection! Here's are the items that really caught my attention:

- SS Super Adventure Rockman (variant) - I had no idea there were 2 different versions of SS Super Adventure Rockman! I've owned multiple copies of it, so it's entirely possible I've had both in hand at the same time and never knew it!

- GBA Rockman EXE 5 (movie release version) - Wow, very cool limited version of the game!

- Complete Works Guide releases of Rockman 1 and 2 for the Playstation - Crazy! Never seen those! And if I had, I'd never have suspected that they included the actual game!

- All the strange non-JP/US/EUR releases - Especially the goofy pirate games! I get a bigger kick out of seeing weird stuff like that than the hard to find standard releases!

It's absolutely stunning to see how many different releases of games there are. After pouring over your photos and checking against my collection, there are actually a hand full of games you are missing (bet you never thought you'd hear that!) :D I can snap some photo's of mine for you to compare, if you like!
-ud