MS: 2011 is all about Kinect

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

MS: 2011 is all about Kinect

Post by Rayne » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:32 am

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=281686

According to Microsoft, next year is all about the use of it's new peripheral Kinect. Aside from that they also have Forza 3 & Gears 3 announced for lineup.

Hmm...Sony only has InFamous 2, Uncharted 3, The Last Guardian, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Heroes on the Move, White Knight Chronicles 2, Motorstorm 3, Twisted Metal & more.

Could this be the year where Sony not only beats the 360 (like in past years), but utterly decimates it?

Riddler

Re: MS: 2011 is all about Kinect

Post by Riddler » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:38 am

According to Microsoft, next year is all about the use of it's new peripheral Kinect. Aside from that they also have Forza 3 & Gears 3 announced for lineup.

WOW, i have Forza 3 already! either that or a super advance promo.... or you mean Forza 4 :wink:

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:54 am

Rayne wrote:
Could this be the year where Sony not only beats the 360 (like in past years), but utterly decimates it?
Seems unlikely since 90% of the content released next year will be cross platform, and if you're into gaming online then Live is still the best service by miles. Personally Mass Effect 3 is where its at for me next year. Can't wait for the finale.

As for their respective motion controllers, Sony and M$ both need to get their a*ses into gear and deliver some inspiring/interesting/innovative software that does something that actually makes the tech worthwhile. If they continue to market and develop the peripherals and games to ride on the same wave as the Wii then they'll remain a gimmick IMO and not really have any significant impact on new system sales.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

Team Alfie

Post by Team Alfie » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:57 am

2011 will be a good year for PS3 owners but it's too late for Sony to beat Microsoft this gen. Microsoft will just release their next console as soon as PS3 threatens to overtake 360 and claim victory. Victory for second place, anyway.

I do hope that Kinect is a very short-lived fad, though, because I have no interest in letting it play a part in my hobby.

will2097

Post by will2097 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:04 am

Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, go on then i'll have some of that. But sony won't be anything until the ps5, so lets get the wiiiiiiiiii, x720 and the PS4 out of the way soon eh?

Just think PS5 will be 'in effect' in the year 2020. God, I hope I have a Ferrari, hookers and boot-full of cocaine by then.

Kaito-kun

Post by Kaito-kun » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:21 am

FatTrucker wrote: Seems unlikely since 90% of the content released next year will be cross platform, and if you're into gaming online then Live is still the best service by miles.
I've never actually seen any much difference between the two. Only thing PSN really lacks is some form of cross game group/party chat.
FatTrucker wrote:As for their respective motion controllers, Sony and M$ both need to get their a*ses into gear and deliver some inspiring/interesting/innovative software that does something that actually makes the tech worthwhile. If they continue to market and develop the peripherals and games to ride on the same wave as the Wii then they'll remain a gimmick IMO and not really have any significant impact on new system sales.
Seconded. I've picked up both Kinect and Move but neither have any exciting games to go with them: I've not actually bought any titles for either, just Kinect adventures as it came with the peripheral and a couple of Move demos form PSN.
Rayne wrote: Hmm...Sony only has InFamous 2, Uncharted 3, The Last Guardian, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Heroes on the Move, White Knight Chronicles 2, Motorstorm 3, Twisted Metal & more.
Don't forget the port of No More Heroes! ^_^

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:09 pm

2011, the end of non casual gaming. :wink: :lol:
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:17 pm

speedlolita wrote:2011, the end of non casual gaming. :wink: :lol:
Haha, it'll be an interesting year!

So far it looks like the PS3 will have a steady stream of core exclusives throughout the year, the Wii may struggle however the 3DS should more than make up for it.

Without knowing too much, I'd say the PS3 is looking like the strongest, with the 3DS jumping in to shake things up :D

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:21 pm

I've been thinking for weeks that there was nothing to look forward to until Battlefield 3...there still isn't.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:21 pm

Rayne wrote:
speedlolita wrote:2011, the end of non casual gaming. :wink: :lol:
Haha, it'll be an interesting year!

So far it looks like the PS3 will have a steady stream of core exclusives throughout the year, the Wii may struggle however the 3DS should more than make up for it.

Without knowing too much, I'd say the PS3 is looking like the strongest, with the 3DS jumping in to shake things up :D
I've got most of the library from 2005 - 2010 that I haven't played bar MGS4 and Bayonetta so I'll be okay for the next few years.. haha
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Rayne wrote:http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=281686

Hmm...Sony only has InFamous 2, Uncharted 3, The Last Guardian, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Heroes on the Move, White Knight Chronicles 2, Motorstorm 3, Twisted Metal & more.

Not likely:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/10/xbox- ... -in-novem/
http://segmentnext.com/2010/12/12/xbox- ... ives-2011/

And how many of those PS3 exclusives are killer apps on the scale of Halo?

There'll be far more cross platform titles than exclusives, both will do well and chances are next year with end similar to this with their respective positions.

The real loser in 2011 will be Nintendo, with Wii sales already suffering this year and likely to plummet in the next.
HADDOCKEN!

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm pretty sure that there's many more games to come exclusive to 360 other than just GoW 3 and Forza 4. MS just don't hype up games years before they release them like Sony. Let's wait till next years E3 before we judge.

As it stands atm, 3DS is more appealing to me than either Move or Kinect (and their pathetic games line up) though, by quite some distance too.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:50 pm

C=Style wrote:As it stands atm, 3DS is more appealing to me than either Move or Kinect (and their pathetic games line up).
That's like comparing a Ferrari to a tricycle. Both Move & Kinect are utterly lame imo.

@Scapegoat: How many are Halo Killers? Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 at the very least

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:14 pm

For me Gears 3 will p*ss on anything that comes out on the PS3.
Splink!

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:19 pm

Rayne wrote:[quote="C=Style"
@Scapegoat: How many are Halo Killers? Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 at the very least
I dont think Killzone is a Halo killer. Bungie have established too big of a community and support the game more than any other game could ever wish for.