Dead Space 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Negative Creep

Re: Dead Space 2

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Doesn't Isaac talk now?

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Doesn't Isaac talk now?
yep and events of 1st game fooked with his sanity as well.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 pm

Rayne wrote:Holy hell this game is tense :D fantastic demo!

For the life of me I can't make it past the bit where you get swarmed by enemies, they're just way too fast :? can't kill them all or run away in time. how do you do it?
Back away and keep firing, try and get yourself into the corridor leading into the open area-That way, you can funnel them, makes 'em easier to handle.

Raziel

Post by Raziel » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:12 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:Maybe because I've been playing vanquish so much, it just seemded so slow and clunky.

It took me a while to readjust to shooters after playing Vanquish... :lol:

My main curiousity is how Isaac's mental condition is going to be implemented into the game. I did enjoy the first game it had its tense moments and that pressure cooker effect which I loved Fear for. But, I felt its storyline was lacking a little. In context, the devs had a good idea but didn't quite know how to get it across consistently throughout the game.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:08 am

They've only hinted as to effects, after all, something like going insane, you really want to exp.based on what happens as you play, but in the demo.Issac seems to have some sort of PSi-esq power-He picks up flashbacks of horrendous events that happened in areas (I.e folks burning alive in cryo tubes).Hoping plot wise, they do lot more with the church connection and fact marker is man made etc.Another spin off animated movie out around same time, just picked up another Graphic Novel based around game, so plenty of avenue to build up decent story.

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:35 am

Yeah.

He shouldnt.
For me, it was something that really added to the original.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:24 pm

Sepp Salerno wrote:
Yeah.

He shouldnt.
For me, it was something that really added to the original.

The whole silent character thing normally annoys me as it leads to unnatural dialogue from the NPCs. Didn't matter so much in Dead Space though as you were only getting messages as opposed to interacting.

Incidentally I played the original so much I had a dream where one of the morphs jumped down from the ceiling onto my bed, causing me to wake up in a panic

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Developers say:Last time around, Issac was a puppet-Go here, fix this, do that, get back here etc etc.this time? He's the one calling the shots...did'nt feel that way in the demo, buy curious as to why your attacked by what you are (No spoilers) near end of demo...looks like someone wants you very dead.

MC1

Post by MC1 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:22 pm

sscott wrote:If it's the same as before that's fine by me. Awesome game.
Ditto.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Getting good review scores:9 from Offical 360 magazine, Another 9 from Edge, 92% from PS3 mag, PSM3 advertising on here.Seems only weak point is the MP, clone of Left4Dead and does'nt really work.

MC1

Post by MC1 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:44 pm

TBH I'm not remotely interested in the multi player, I cant wait for the story.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:08 pm

In all honesty? Cannot see myself bothering with the online MP side either (Do feel it's just been added as Developers/Publishers 'fear' marking down in reviews if it has'nt got a MP angle).Really loved the story of Dead Space so far, bought the game, Animated DVD, on my 2nd graphic novel, got 2nd Aanimated film on pre-order.Very keen to see where developers go with the story, espically now Issac not the full shilling after events of the 1st game/Church know origins of the marker (i assume?).

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:11 pm

MC1 wrote:TBH I'm not remotely interested in the multi player, I cant wait for the story.
Snap. The idea of making DS multiplayer seems a bit out of step with the idea of the game itself. I liked how isolating, and brutal the original was. That don't figure in multiplayer really.

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:52 am

also speaking as someone who completed the first game, i enjoyed the demo of DS2 as well. i liked the claustrophobic and 'heavy' feel to the first one. hopefully they don't try to make the sequel too big by shovelling on loads of things that spoil it.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:44 pm

What's the deal with the PS3 LE version having Extraction? Are all stores offering this LE version & just how 'limited' is it? I know it's probably like asking how long is a bit of string. :P