Black-ops?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

mrvintagegamer

Black-ops?

Post by mrvintagegamer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi guys i was just wondering how many people are buying black ops on the release date (Today). I was tempted to pre-order about a month ago but to be honest i think its just been way to over hyped. No mater were i go or who i speak to people are talking about black-ops and how "amazing" its going to be.

When MW2 came out i played multi-player for about 2 weeks and got board of it. No matter what i always find myself wanting to play cod 4 instead. The reason i lost interest in mw2 was because all the hype. It just wasnt as good as people made it out to be.

The only time im gonna be raving on about a game as much of people have done to black-ops is when GTA V is announced. Untill then im just gonna sit here and wait for people to tell me there board of black-ops already.

"If anyones interested theres a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up"

killbot

Re: Is anyone buying Black-ops?

Post by killbot » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:00 pm

I'm sure some people are. As I posted elsewhere, Treyarch and Activision have been extremely coy about releasing any footage of or info about the Wii version, and I'm certainly not buying the game sight-unseen. I'll wait for the reviews, ta.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:55 am

No interest in it what so ever.Bought MW, World At War and MW2 this just is more of the same.My friends down here who`ve been playing nothing but MW2 and MW before that, all got pre-orders, Will play nothing but Black Op`s in MP/Online mode.Myself, like to play a far more varied selection of games these days.Think i got as far as level 50 on MW2 before boredom set in.Anything since original M.W just feels more like a MOD than new game to me.

Riddler

Post by Riddler » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:55 am

I think i'll wait until it lowers in price. My colleague got his yesterday on pre-order. This guy is a COD master and has the whole collection. He wasn't too impressed and found the single player too easy and it glitched on the first level where the building was falling.

He got trapped inside it and had to restart. He says the graphics are amazing tho.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:16 am

I wound up picking it up... Tesco's had it for £25 when you buy 2100 MS Points (which I needed anyway) so I decided to pick it up. I enjoyed the last few COD's anyway so I'm looking forward to playing this one.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 am

Call of Poopy.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Weekend_Warrior

Post by Weekend_Warrior » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:29 am

I will at some point - Black Ops has been getting awesome reviews! But unfortunately, I have like 6 CoD games to play before I tackle this one

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:31 am

i didnt even know it was released today
i have no interest in it what so ever i didnt even buy mw 2
im sure it wil sell by the bucket load though
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:35 am

It is a bit of a daft question. Pre orders have been the best ever and it is likely to be the best selling game of all time. So I reckon a fair few will. But they won't answer yet as they probably took the day off work to play it.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:36 am

SirClive wrote:It is a bit of a daft question. Pre orders have been the best ever and it is likely to be the best selling game of all time. So I reckon a fair few will. But they won't answer yet as they probably took the day off work to play it.

does that include packins ? ;)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:37 am

Depends on who you ask ;)

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:40 am

best selling standalone game is still super mario bros 3 amazing enough
with 18 million

i dont count nintendogs or pokemon red blue and yellow because the total number is for all three\five
yes with 3 or 5 versions its easy to get to 20 million

best selling console fps is halo 3 with 8.1 million
so thats your target black ops 8.2 million

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:46 am

Ignore the best selling over the last 30 years - last years Modern Warfare 2 was the biggest day 1 / first weekend launch of all time so if Black Ops goes higher than that it's doing pretty well. Not that it really matters, it's already a success and it's only been out since last night. Played it in 3D last night, looks really nice on a good 3D TV

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:49 am

that is until wow cataclysm gets released

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:49 am

snowkatt wrote:best selling standalone game is still super mario bros 3 amazing enough
with 18 million

i dont count nintendogs or pokemon red blue and yellow because the total number is for all three\five
yes with 3 or 5 versions its easy to get to 20 million

best selling console fps is halo 3 with 8.1 million
so thats your target black ops 8.2 million
I can only assume he means the fastest selling game of all time. The best selling game of all time is Wii Sports, followed by Super Mario Bros. The biggest selling game not to be bundled with hardware is apparently New Super Mario Bros. with 24 million units sold.

Only two of the top-20 are not Nintendo games, and neither is Call Of Duty related (GTA San Andreas and Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec).

Modern Warfare 2 is the biggest selling non-Nintendo game of this gen, though, although on the Xbox, Halo 3 has outsold it.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360