The Wii Collecting Thread!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re: The Wii Collecting Thread!

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue May 15, 2012 8:48 am

not going to go for the coins as I've not opened my games yet.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue May 15, 2012 12:00 pm

I've still not received any email about the coins (even though I registered all 3 games and got the 'Congratulations' banner flag up) I've honestly got the horrible feeling I won't be getting them. :cry:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

dste

Post by dste » Tue May 15, 2012 5:53 pm

^^Have you received any e-mails at all as I like other people have received two e-mails since registration.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue May 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Nope. :(

I'm definitely able to receive emails from them OK as I got a free Kid Icarus 3D download code earlier in the year for registering 3 3DS games. I've checked the email address I've got on my Club Nintendo account and everything, all is as it should be.

Something's gone wrong and I've missed out somehow. :(
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

dste

Post by dste » Thu May 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Hmmm, not looking good at the moment then I'm afraid as I had a congratulations e-mail middle of April and another at the beginning of May confirming that I would be receiving the coins.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri May 18, 2012 9:56 am

Just noticed that the cover sleeve for NPC: Pikmin 2 is reversible, which looks much better.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Fri May 18, 2012 10:26 am

ToxieDogg wrote:Nope. :(

I'm definitely able to receive emails from them OK as I got a free Kid Icarus 3D download code earlier in the year for registering 3 3DS games. I've checked the email address I've got on my Club Nintendo account and everything, all is as it should be.

Something's gone wrong and I've missed out somehow. :(
I didn't get the Kid Icarus code. Weird.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri May 18, 2012 10:43 am

pratty wrote:Just noticed that the cover sleeve for NPC: Pikmin 2 is reversible, which looks much better.
Why do I never see the Wii version of Pikmin 2 anywhere? I've given up on ever getting the GC version at a sensible price so I've accepted that NPC versions are the only way I'm getting this and DK Jungle Beat but I just never see them anywhere. Of course, I could just get them on Amazon or eBay but hey... that feels like cheating, somehow.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri May 18, 2012 4:43 pm

I'd try for the GC version of Jungle Beat if you can. The bongos are what make it so great.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed May 23, 2012 10:41 am

Random question:

Anybody have Mario Party 2 on the VC?

Just wondered how it looks, as I'm thinking of gifting it to someone as I don't know what else to get them for their birthday. She's got her Wii hooked up to a HD 32-36 inch-ish Samsung with a component cable, so presumably it's set to 480p.

Her and her boyfriend sit pretty lose to the TV as it's in a small room so if it's gonna look pretty rough I might not bother.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Random Hero

Post by Random Hero » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:40 am

I just got my email through about the coins guys. It came up as Nintendo newsletter which I usually delete so luckily I caught this one.

Hope the rest of you have the same sort of luck. :)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Random Hero wrote:I just got my email through about the coins guys. It came up as Nintendo newsletter which I usually delete so luckily I caught this one.

Just submitted my details as well :)

Is anybody else getting the new Rhythm Paradise on Wii? Nintendo Gamer gave it a good write-up but there are several PS3 games I want to get too so I'm weighing up whether to get it now in case it gets hard to find or whether to leave it a bit. Hmm...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Evermore

Post by Evermore » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Random Hero wrote:I just got my email through about the coins guys. It came up as Nintendo newsletter which I usually delete so luckily I caught this one.

Just submitted my details as well :)

Is anybody else getting the new Rhythm Paradise on Wii? Nintendo Gamer gave it a good write-up but there are several PS3 games I want to get too so I'm weighing up whether to get it now in case it gets hard to find or whether to leave it a bit. Hmm...
I like the sound of Beat the Beat, but I'm not going to buy it for full price as I didn't get on with the highly frustrating DS version - I don't mind it being hard per se, but the game doesn't really tell you where you went wrong when you fail... over and over and over again :?

dste

Post by dste » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Got my e-mail as well. :D

I noticed in the e-mail requesting your details that it said that the coins would start being delivered from the end of October... I then received an e-mail a bit later saying to allow for up to eight weeks for delivery.

Did anyone else get that e-mail?
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks for the reminder, looks like my eyeballs missed mine in my inbox.

8 weeks, October, bring on the coins. :)
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.