The Wii Collecting Thread!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

Re: The Wii Collecting Thread!

Post by DPrinny » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:27 am

Why are Wii guitars (guitar hero) so damn hard to find in the wild?
Dont wanna pay stupid postage costs for one

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:35 am

DPrinny wrote:Why are Wii guitars (guitar hero) so damn hard to find in the wild?
Why would you want to do a silly thing like that and play Guitar Hero, when the genius that is Wii Music is available at about 50 pence, and all you require is the Wiimote and nunchuck (some if you are really daring, a balance board). :wink:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:46 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Why are Wii guitars (guitar hero) so damn hard to find in the wild?
Why would you want to do a silly thing like that and play Guitar Hero, when the genius that is Wii Music is available at about 50 pence, and all you require is the Wiimote and nunchuck (some if you are really daring, a balance board). :wink:
Its for my games nights, I aint buying the games so I "Acquired" them, also a bloody great hack of one of them that has game music, E1M1 of DOOM IS BLOODY HARD!!
I have one guitar

Also need some decent gun attachments

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:48 pm

DPrinny wrote: Also need some decent gun attachments
Was looking for a compact sub-machinegun style attachment to play Ghost Squad with and ended up ordering a cheap GAMEWare thing off ebay for a few quid so I'll see what that's like when it arrives. There was a cool-looking Logic 3 one too but according to reviews, it makes annoying clacking sounds with every trigger press. There are even gun attachments with laser sights on them :lol:

Also saw this one which looks interesting but I'm not interested in buying it with the boxset and game which is bound to be awful...

Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:07 pm

theres quite a few that take my interest, but getting them......

Tempted to try the Poundland ones

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:14 pm

I had that pump-action 'Overshot' shotgun and it was rubbish. It worked but there's a panel on top that conceals the buttons...no good when games like HotD Overkill use them for things like grenades.

Not tried the Cabela one but then again I've also not seen one to buy.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:43 pm

One publisher/developer seems to think it's still 2006...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... our_squash
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:57 am

ALK wrote:One publisher/developer seems to think it's still 2006...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... our_squash
Very random!

Been hammering the Wii recently (not literally). Mainly Mario Kart and for GC stuff - I love running my Cube games off the memory card! I really need to sort out running my Wii games from memory - my little one has discovered a passion for putting CDs in and out of the Wii drive. Can't see it lasting much longer!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:02 am

Did anyone ever buy the Arcade Fighter Stick for Tatsunoku v Capcom? I should have bought one at the time (I seem to remember Play.com selling them cheap at one point). Coulda woulda shoulda.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:15 pm

greenberet79 wrote:Did anyone ever buy the Arcade Fighter Stick for Tatsunoku v Capcom? I should have bought one at the time (I seem to remember Play.com selling them cheap at one point). Coulda woulda shoulda.
Had one from new, barely used it then sold or traded it on here I think. It's a really nice stick but I found the Classic Controller was perfect for Tatsunko Vs Capcom and there weren't any other fighters on the system that interested me anyway.

They were ridiculously cheap at one point across Play.com, ebay and everywhere.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:08 am

Megamixer wrote:
greenberet79 wrote:Did anyone ever buy the Arcade Fighter Stick for Tatsunoku v Capcom? I should have bought one at the time (I seem to remember Play.com selling them cheap at one point). Coulda woulda shoulda.
Had one from new, barely used it then sold or traded it on here I think. It's a really nice stick but I found the Classic Controller was perfect for Tatsunko Vs Capcom and there weren't any other fighters on the system that interested me anyway.

They were ridiculously cheap at one point across Play.com, ebay and everywhere.
Yes, and now they're ridiculously expensive haha. Wish I'd bought one just for the collection. Gah!

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Yeah I picked one up a couple of years back from play.com for £15, just last week I bought an octagonal gate & a new set of sanwa buttons (in SNES colours!) really good stick especially if as you've modded the Wii it's great for all the snes fighters/shooters and also Neo Geo stuff

It also work on the Wii U :D
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:30 am

What make and model external hdd's are people using to run wii games off? I'm looking to get one.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:27 am

greenberet79 wrote:What make and model external hdd's are people using to run wii games off? I'm looking to get one.
I'm using a 500GB Western Digital My Passport drive to run both Wii games, and store other things including films (its partitioned). Seems to work fine, although I believe that it does need to be in the correct USB slot out of the two on the back.

Runs Wii games very well - loads games infinitely faster than it used to run backup games on DVD-Rs. Might even be quicker than running official game discs as well (which would make sense). I remember the Sims 3 and Donkey Kong Country Returns the load times were excruciating on DVD-Rs, where as they run very quick off the HDD now.