What are the rarest SNES games?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

retrojc

What are the rarest SNES games?

Post by retrojc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Hey guys, this willprobably form an article somewhere along the line, but more for my own curiosity, what would you consider the rarest SNES games?

They only one I can think of and want, is R type 3...

SuperFamiKing

Re: What are the rarest SNES games?

Post by SuperFamiKing » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:51 pm

Don't really know much about pal release snes and that is probably what you are after.............

SFC stuff, there are a few rare titles I am after incl, Fire Emblem Trakia 776 DELUXE Pack and Slam Dunk Shueisha Limited Edition

Rendering Ranger R2 and Final Fight Tough are quite rare but I'm lucky enough to have them.

I'd also be interested in rare pal snes stuff...........just in case I ever come accross them cheap :D

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:57 pm

I suppose two obvious answers are Final Fight 2 and Final Fight 3.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:02 pm

SuperFamiKing wrote:Don't really know much about pal release snes and that is probably what you are after.............

SFC stuff, there are a few rare titles I am after incl, Fire Emblem Trakia 776 DELUXE Pack and Slam Dunk Shueisha Limited Edition

Rendering Ranger R2 and Final Fight Tough are quite rare but I'm lucky enough to have them.

I'd also be interested in rare pal snes stuff...........just in case I ever come accross them cheap :D
Don't suppose you've got a list of SFC games that sell for £300+?

TyronW

Post by TyronW » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:06 pm

EVO on the SNES is a rarity, not managed to find a PAL release for it tho.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm pretty sure Mega Man X, boxed is as rare as rocking horse sh1t. Ask Shadowman.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

SuperFamiKing

Post by SuperFamiKing » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:14 pm

retrojc wrote:

Straight releases and not satellaview or comp cart.........then there aren't really many worth over 300 quid

at a push I'd say
Sutte Hakkun
Rendering Ranger R2
Fire Emblem Thracia Ltd
Slam Dunk Shueisha Limited Edition

a fair few are worth 100-200 notes, but there isn't really many expensive rare sfc stuff.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:19 pm

SuperFamiKing wrote:
retrojc wrote:

Straight releases and not satellaview or comp cart.........then there aren't really many worth over 300 quid

at a push I'd say
Sutte Hakkun
Rendering Ranger R2
Fire Emblem Thracia Ltd
Slam Dunk Shueisha Limited Edition

a fair few are worth 100-200 notes, but there isn't really many expensive rare sfc stuff.
How about inc competition carts? Sorry to rack your barins!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:33 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:I'm pretty sure Mega Man X, boxed is as rare as rocking horse sh1t. Ask Shadowman.
The PAL version of X3 is really rare and usually goes for quite a bit when complete versions pop up and to a lesser extent so are MMX2 and Megaman 7.

I think the PAL version of Castlevania Vampires Kiss is pretty tough to get as well.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

SuperFamiKing

Post by SuperFamiKing » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:35 pm

retrojc wrote:
How about inc competition carts? Sorry to rack your barins!

the two main ones are 1992 Challenge cart (only 2 sfc ones are kn own to exist) and the sfc powerfest cart.....but the last one of those went for $14000 :shock:

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:36 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:I'm pretty sure Mega Man X, boxed is as rare as rocking horse sh1t. Ask Shadowman.
The PAL version of X3 is really rare and usually goes for quite a bit when complete versions pop up and to a lesser extent so are MMX2 and Megaman 7.

I think the PAL version of Castlevania Vampires Kiss is pretty tough to get as well.
There ya go. Any questions, ask Shadowman. Vortex goes for quite a bit, in boxed and mint condition. So does The Firemen (I think).
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Gren

Post by Gren » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:49 pm

ShadowMan wrote:

Damn - thought you were referring to the original Mega Man X :D
I acquired a mint, boxed copy of this 7 or 8 years ago, (probably paid a tenner or so) but didn't think it was rare or collectible :lol:
Noticed that on Ebay there are carts only going for £25- to £30- :shock:
What does a boxed, mint copy go for?

Got R-Type 3 as well...although complete it's a little tatty.
Fresh Spoo?

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:12 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:

There ya go. Any questions, ask Shadowman. Vortex goes for quite a bit, in boxed and mint condition. So does The Firemen (I think).

Think you must be thinking of a different game. Boxed Vortex's come up all the time on Ebay, usually for £5-10. There's 3 complete copies on at the moment none going for much. ;)

In terms of UK Pal releases, Mega Man X3, Final Fight Guy, Castlevania Vampire's Kiss seem to continually big bucks. I've seen a Vampire's Kiss cart only go for over £100 before a couple of times. However, there is a difference between rare games and valuable ones. Games like Power Pigs and Izzy's Quest for the Olympic Rings are pretty rare but never attract big money whereas common games like Secret of Mana sell for loads because they are in demand.

Neilos626

Post by Neilos626 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:26 pm

all of the following are hard to come by

Incantation
Zero the squirrel
Aero the acrobat 2
frantic flea
boogerman
super noahs arc 3d
dirt trax
dirt racer fx
roccos modern life
guts
kats run
riders spirits (dsp riders)
racoon and rascal
breakthru
wildsnakes
stone protectors
metal warriors (sequel to cybernator)
spike mcfang
marikami makendo 2
lost vikings 2
mario wrecking crew 98

I have a few more rarities in my collection will have to take a look
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Captain Commando,Wild guns,Harvest moon,Super chase hq,Fatal fury special(Boxed complete),Dk country 2 (big box),Legend of Zelda(Big box),Lethal enforcers with gun set,War of the gems,Knights of the round table,Puzzle bobble most of them if PAL and Complete all go for a few squid.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink: