Page 10 of 10

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:49 pm
by Wildnites
Getting back to the original topic....

Though I think I will be slightly outnumbered, I will be up for the meet in Feb :)

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:17 am
by Seany
Hi - have PMd the guy who started the thread, wil provide details of the owner so this can be set up, sounds a good idea, Iwill say however the chances of the place being closed to the public are slim, as the internet cafe below is crucial to the business and makes shitloads of money. That said, it would be fine for bods to bring some consoles and stuff with them, I am sure. I am in Southampton and can supply multiregion DC, PS2, and Super Famicom as well as a Neo Mvs (bit silly though with neo cabs in the arcade), Cube, Amiga, PSP etc etc etc

Could be a laugh, this - although I will probably stay for only a short while then hit the pub.

Laters

Sean

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:33 am
by Eugene Mamalookaboobooday
I could bring my barcode battler..... :lol:

Re:

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:35 am
by Dudley
woody.cool wrote:
Dudley wrote:Birmingham is the only place officially in the midlands. Mainly because neither the north or the south will admit to owning it.
What about Banbury, Oxford, Coventry, Daventry, Northampton etc...

I used to live in Banbury (I lived in Banbury for 19 years) before I moved to Blackpool (& then Preston)
SirClive wrote:Its a Barmcake.
It's a bloody Bread Roll
Banbury and Oxford are both South. Accept it.

Everywhere south of birmingham is south.

Everywhere north of birmingham is north.

Birmingham is the midlands.

Re:

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:12 am
by Eugene Mamalookaboobooday
Wildnites wrote:Getting back to the original topic....

Though I think I will be slightly outnumbered, I will be up for the meet in Feb :)
I wanna get back to looking down your top......(the discussion, not the actual act! :oops: )

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:17 pm
by Mantas
Right then. I just got off the phone with Richard (very friendly guy btw) and he is very keen to have us down for the meet.

We now need to decide on a date for February. I'll set up another post with voting buttons for the available weekends.

The arcade is open to the public till 6pm. After that it is open to invitees only. He is open to the idea of charging a fixed fee and putting the machines on free play during this time. The cost of this fee wasn't discussed but it is something that we can talk about depending on feedback/demand.

He currently has some consoles set up already and has a few TV's and a large projector which can be used as well. We are welcome to bring our own machines if we want.

We also briefly discussed the possiblity of having high score challanges on the various machines.

Thats the update for now. We have a great venue, great machines, a great host and loads of enthusiasm. A retro arcade is something we have spoken about for a long time and now we have one. Lets all get behind this event.

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:21 pm
by Utini
If you guys want to meet up, come to BBLAN 16!


http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... 5119#45119

Re:

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:32 pm
by Dudley
Mantas wrote: Thats the update for now. We have a great venue, great machines, a great host and loads of enthusiasm. A retro arcade is something we have spoken about for a long time and now we have one. Lets all get behind this event.
Pick any weekend in Feb and I'm in.

Re:

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:02 pm
by pompeysimon
Dudley wrote:
woody.cool wrote:
Dudley wrote:Birmingham is the only place officially in the midlands. Mainly because neither the north or the south will admit to owning it.
What about Banbury, Oxford, Coventry, Daventry, Northampton etc...

I used to live in Banbury (I lived in Banbury for 19 years) before I moved to Blackpool (& then Preston)
SirClive wrote:Its a Barmcake.
It's a bloody Bread Roll
Banbury and Oxford are both South. Accept it.

Everywhere south of birmingham is south.

Everywhere north of birmingham is north.

Birmingham is the midlands.
if we are talking about england then Meridan is the centre/middle which i believe has a CV Postcode and not a B so i would say Coventry is the Midlands and everything north including Brum is the north and south is south!

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:07 pm
by Dudley
If the north is prepared to accept they own birmingham and have it used as an example of a typical northern city then I'm prepared to take that deal.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:32 am
by RetroBob
Wow, that must have taken some time to compile! Amusing though!

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:46 am
by SirClive
Talked a mate into coming along.
Not the biggest retro fan in the world except for megadrive games and the classic arcade games, but it means I don't have to do all the driving.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:54 am
by ToxieDogg
I'm up for a meet (I'm a Scouser but living in Bicester, Oxfordshire these days). I can't guarantee that I can make any suggested date but I'll try because it'd be nice to put some faces to names. I'd have to bring the missus along though because she does all the driving.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:42 pm
by roberthazelby
I'm ok for any weekend in Feb, as well. Just let me know and I'll be there.

With regards to having the arcade open to the public; there's no way I'm letting the general public play around on my computers/consoles. You lot are fine, but the public just don't treat things nicely.

Anyway, I'm sure a selection of arcade cabs and lots of beer will be enough to keep me going ;)

Count me in!!!

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:46 pm
by paranoid marvin
Darran's surely got to get this meet featured in RG....