Suggestion for a meet

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Opa-Opa
Posts: 4304
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: Kent UK
Contact:

Re:

Post by Opa-Opa » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:33 pm

The Last Ginja wrote:
Opa-Opa wrote:We still need a venue.....

Lets get that sorted first eh..?
I thought the arcade in Southampton was sorted?
Well I haven't seen anything from the guy who owns the place confirming it would be OK for us to take the place over for a day..?

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6279
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:35 pm

And the name has not yet been said yet, how are we spossed to know if we are able to get there if we dont know where we are going?

User avatar
The Last Ginja
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: Currently Adventuring in Norwich

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:37 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:
The Last Ginja wrote:
Opa-Opa wrote:We still need a venue.....

Lets get that sorted first eh..?
I thought the arcade in Southampton was sorted?
Well I haven't seen anything from the guy who owns the place confirming it would be OK for us to take the place over for a day..?
Surely it wouldn't be a problem, after all we are his targeted audience. As long as we don't bring any screaming kids with us....

User avatar
Opa-Opa
Posts: 4304
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: Kent UK
Contact:

Post by Opa-Opa » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:43 pm

True, but we can't just assume he is cool with it....
we need to hear from him before anything else is sorted I think...

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6279
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:48 pm

Some one who knows the guy needs to ask politley about the free play idea. Maybe if he was given coverage by RG it might engourage him to do it

User avatar
Dudley
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:53 pm
Contact:

Re:

Post by Dudley » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:24 pm

The Last Ginja wrote:Anyone else thinking this should be an over 20 meet only?
Age? Or IQ?
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

User avatar
The Last Ginja
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: Currently Adventuring in Norwich

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:56 am

Dudley wrote:
The Last Ginja wrote:Anyone else thinking this should be an over 20 meet only?
Age? Or IQ?
I think that pretty much covers both don't you?

User avatar
DonkeySpank
Posts: 864
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:19 am

Post by DonkeySpank » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:39 am

Any weekend in Feb is fine with me, but it's a fair point about getting the whole idea accepted by the arcade owner! :wink:

User avatar
Dudley
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:53 pm
Contact:

Re:

Post by Dudley » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:50 am

The Last Ginja wrote:
Dudley wrote:
The Last Ginja wrote:Anyone else thinking this should be an over 20 meet only?
Age? Or IQ?
I think that pretty much covers both don't you?
I set em up, you know em down ;)
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

psj3809
Posts: 18880
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Post by psj3809 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:00 am

Ha ha what a great thread, some of the north/south banter is funny as anything.

Never went above Oxford until i was about 25 ! Dont think i was missing out much !

Now i love up north my friends have disowned me ! I do keep with the accent though, putting subtitles on Eastenders so i can repeat the words and keep my accent !

But being a southern bloke up north ordering a cider is hard though ! Plus when i see a Man Utd shirt i instantly think 'bandwagon southerner' but no they are obviously all local fans as i live near Manchester now !

The further north i move i have to keep with the lingo, eg 'dan saff - a bap is a bap.

I move to near Birmingham, a bap is now a batch. I move up north again and a bap/batch is now a bairn ?? Very strange.

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re:

Post by markopoloman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:05 am

psj3809 wrote:Ha ha what a great thread, some of the north/south banter is funny as anything.

Never went above Oxford until i was about 25 ! Dont think i was missing out much !

Now i love up north my friends have disowned me ! I do keep with the accent though, putting subtitles on Eastenders so i can repeat the words and keep my accent !

But being a southern bloke up north ordering a cider is hard though ! Plus when i see a Man Utd shirt i instantly think 'bandwagon southerner' but no they are obviously all local fans as i live near Manchester now !

The further north i move i have to keep with the lingo, eg 'dan saff - a bap is a bap.

I move to near Birmingham, a bap is now a batch. I move up north again and a bap/batch is now a bairn ?? Very strange.
So you are a southern/Northern hybrid - only half a scumbag then :lol: :lol:

(When I say scumbag - i am refering to the northern part of that hybrid bit as us REAL southerners that live in the south are obviously just wonderful people) :roll: :lol: :twisted:

User avatar
Dudley
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:53 pm
Contact:

Post by Dudley » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:14 am

Birmingham is the only place officially in the midlands. Mainly because neither the north or the south will admit to owning it.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

psj3809
Posts: 18880
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Re:

Post by psj3809 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:17 am

Dudley wrote:Birmingham is the only place officially in the midlands. Mainly because neither the north or the south will admit to owning it.
Well that was the worrying thing, in case i picked up that accent !!!! ;)

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Re:

Post by SirClive » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:48 am

psj3809 wrote: I move to near Birmingham, a bap is now a batch. I move up north again and a bap/batch is now a bairn ?? Very strange.
A bairn? I was born in Manchester and lived there until I was about 21 and have never heard that name. Its a Barmcake.

Yorkshire is the worst place, they call it a teacake - even though there are no currents in it!!!
Image

User avatar
woody.cool
Posts: 8809
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:29 am
Location: Northampton, UK
Contact:

Re:

Post by woody.cool » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:22 am

Dudley wrote:Birmingham is the only place officially in the midlands. Mainly because neither the north or the south will admit to owning it.
What about Banbury, Oxford, Coventry, Daventry, Northampton etc...

I used to live in Banbury (I lived in Banbury for 19 years) before I moved to Blackpool (& then Preston)
SirClive wrote:Its a Barmcake.
It's a bloody Bread Roll

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests