Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14993
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by Megamixer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:51 pm

gman72 wrote:Tekken Tag has always been one of the series most under rated entries IMO and this sequal looks awesome.
And Kunimitsu is back!!!! YES!!!!!!!! SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cvo8nwH ... re=related
:?: . Fake vid innit?

I just want Devil back. Why Kazuya never uses his alternate form in the games since Tekken 2 is mystifying.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8018
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by gman72 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:00 pm

Is it fake? Oh, poo. :roll:
I do hope they bring Kunimitsu back though.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14993
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by Megamixer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:04 pm

gman72 wrote:Is it fake? Oh, poo. :roll:
I do hope they bring Kunimitsu back though.
It's a static mock-up character select screen that doesn't look real in the slightest :? :lol:

Kunimitsu is cool though.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Vanderkaum
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by Vanderkaum » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Tekken 2 was awesome and remains one of the greatest games ever, but I haven't been really excited about the series since then.

At least Namco keep up the proper numbering though, instead of putting some cheesy subtitle beneath the famous name. (Like "Tekken: Assassin's Target.") I know they did it occasionally but not (yet) in the main series.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11130
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:26 am

Vanderkaum wrote:At least Namco keep up the proper numbering though, instead of putting some cheesy subtitle beneath the famous name. (Like "Tekken: Assassin's Target.") I know they did it occasionally but not (yet) in the main series.
Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection and Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion would like a word with you :wink:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Alarm
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:02 am
Location: UK

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by Alarm » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:19 am

I was never really a fan of the original Tekken Tag Tournament. The series peaked for me at Tekken 2 or 3.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14993
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by Megamixer » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:40 pm

New trailer showing off a new female wrestler character and also, Heihachi (amongst other returning characters) who resembles his 'younger' self from the first two Tekken's. Could this be a sign that Namco might include some of the older characters from the earlier days of the series? I hope so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QajoXTI ... r_embedded
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11130
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:47 am

Looks good so far. Interesting that they chose to de-age Heihachi for whatever reason, I wonder if this means Jun will be back in the roster as well? I just hope this one hits consoles faster than T6 did, I loved the first TTT game and am eager to start on the sequel :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:33 am

The first two Tekken games were brilliant, I also really enjoyed Tekken Tag, but the series seems to have died on it's arse with the later versions. Got a long way to go to match the genius of VF5 or SSF4.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14993
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by Megamixer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:43 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Looks good so far. Interesting that they chose to de-age Heihachi for whatever reason, I wonder if this means Jun will be back in the roster as well? I just hope this one hits consoles faster than T6 did, I loved the first TTT game and am eager to start on the sequel :mrgreen:
I reckon (well, hope) the Heihachi de-aging means that the game will be non-canon. That'll leave it open for the likes of Ogre, Devil/Angel and other dead characters such as (like you say) Jun.

I got back into Tag again a few months ago and actually bothered to learn the 10-12 hit combos for Nina and Kazuya; very satisfying to pull off and I really enjoyed the game again. Very much looking forward to this sequel.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11130
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:51 pm

Megamixer wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Looks good so far. Interesting that they chose to de-age Heihachi for whatever reason, I wonder if this means Jun will be back in the roster as well? I just hope this one hits consoles faster than T6 did, I loved the first TTT game and am eager to start on the sequel :mrgreen:
I reckon (well, hope) the Heihachi de-aging means that the game will be non-canon. That'll leave it open for the likes of Ogre, Devil/Angel and other dead characters such as (like you say) Jun.

I got back into Tag again a few months ago and actually bothered to learn the 10-12 hit combos for Nina and Kazuya; very satisfying to pull off and I really enjoyed the game again. Very much looking forward to this sequel.
I hope it'll be non cannon as well. The Tekken storyline went to hell around T4 or T5 where noone would stay dead anyway and certain characters personalities have been ruined (Jin).

I'd love to see High Def Ogre and Devil pop up in this :mrgreen: Judging by the above trailer it looks like they are going to cram in as many characters as possible. Bearing in mind that T6 had close on 50 character (or something close to that) this could potentially have the largest roster in a fighter yet!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14993
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by Megamixer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:54 pm

ShadowMan wrote:I hope it'll be non cannon as well. The Tekken storyline went to hell around T4 or T5 where noone would stay dead anyway and certain characters personalities have been ruined (Jin).

I'd love to see High Def Ogre and Devil pop up in this :mrgreen: Judging by the above trailer it looks like they are going to cram in as many characters as possible. Bearing in mind that T6 had close on 50 character (or something close to that) this could potentially have the largest roster in a fighter yet!
It got silly when Kazuya somehow survived being chucked into a volcano (not that I'm complaining though since Kaz is my fave Tekken character). Worse is all this world-wide war rubbish that was in T6. Tbh, it worked so much better in the PS1 games when it was Mishima family feuds and everybody else was caught in the middle or being used in some way.

I wonder if there will be any other new characters other than this new female wrestler though? The new designs in recent years have been a bit of a let-down for me so it'll be interesting to see what they think up next.

Edit: This image/artwork/ad has been released which puts the arcade version down for summer 2011.

Image
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Joey
Posts: 3842
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by Joey » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Ah so again i will have to learn another character as well as Lei
Image

speedlolita
Posts: 7056
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by speedlolita » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:50 pm

I really liked Leo in Tekken 6 and hope he makes another appearance. Leo + Kazuya please!
Logged out 15/07/2014.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14993
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:21 pm

2 new mag scans which show a variety of characters including playable Jinpachi Mishima...

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np6/ttt2-fam.jpg
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np6/ttt2-fam2.jpg

The new female Luchador character is apparently called 'Jaycee'. TFG have a prediction that 'Jaycee' = JC = Julia Chang so she'll be reinvented while Michelle returns to continue the Julia/Michelle style. I reckon this is a bit of a far-out idea but then again, I don't think Namco will stick both Julia and Michelle in the mix.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests