Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by Megamixer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:35 am

The fighting games just keep on coming :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WseZfBPNgE0

I hope they use some of the characters from the past games who are dead in the canon or AWOL such as Devil, Ogre, Jun etc. Either way, I'm looking forward to this.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:41 am

Can't wait for this one. TTT is probably still my most played Tekken of all time so a sequel to it is a no brainer for me. Like you said Megamixer, hopefully Namco will squeeze in as many dead or forgotten characters as they can - Kunimitsu, Ogre (both normal and True), Forest Law (while keeping Marshal in the line up), Dr B, Devil and Angel...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:42 am

What about Gon. :mrgreen:
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:47 am

speedlolita wrote:What about Gon. :mrgreen:

:lol:

He was a licensed manga character though wasn't he? Always hated him anyway even though he's funny.
ShadowMan wrote:Can't wait for this one. TTT is probably still my most played Tekken of all time so a sequel to it is a no brainer for me. Like you said Megamixer, hopefully Namco will squeeze in as many dead or forgotten characters as they can - Kunimitsu, Ogre (both normal and True), Forest Law (while keeping Marshal in the line up), Dr B, Devil and Angel...
Yeah, I'd like to see Angel and Devil too even if they are clones. I have a nasty feeling that this might just be Tekken 6 in tag form though :|
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:51 am

I think these people that are making fighting games should focus on one at a time.

It seems good (and a better idea than Tekken vs Street fighter)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:53 am

DPrinny wrote:I think these people that are making fighting games should focus on one at a time.
I do wonder how they do it...Namco are doing this, Tekken X Street Fighter and also mentioned Tekken 7 a few months ago!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 am

I'd imagine this will mainly work off of the Tekken 6 engine with a few extra (tag) moves and characters and maybe a throwaway boss and endings.
Tekken X SF will be very interesting as I gather Namco are using the T6 engine as the base (like SFXT uses SSFIV) but they have to intergrate the SF characters into the game. I can't wait to see how they pull that one off!

As for Tekken 7, it does seem like they are pretty thin on the ground between the 2 above. I'd be surprised if T7 is released before 2013 at the earliest (TTT2 next year, TXSF the year after...) That is if they don't go back to the drawing board on T7 and revamp it with mainly a brand new roster as with T3. Otherwise the roster will surely be reaching into the 50's by the time T7 comes around!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:04 am

Well look how long it took them to release Tekken 6...it was part of the PS3 showreel when the machine was first unveiled :lol:

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:29 am

Considering the snoozefest that is Tekken 6 I dont think ill be looking out for this!
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:52 am

Yeah I didn't think tekken 6 was that great. I never liked the original tag tournament either but it seems to be a fan favourite.

Juggernaut Headcrush

Post by Juggernaut Headcrush » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:09 am

I always thought the first TTT was poorly recieved, and NO ONE liked it? *googles* Ah, maybe I'm getting mixed up with Tekken 4...

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 am

Juggernaut Headcrush wrote:I always thought the first TTT was poorly recieved, and NO ONE liked it? *googles* Ah, maybe I'm getting mixed up with Tekken 4...
Yep.

I don't like TTT for its fighting element, but Tekken Bowl is epic.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:06 pm

there had better be tekken bowling with move support.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:09 pm

I liked Tag for the characters/roster. The fighting was basically just a better-looking Tekken 3 since it was originally going to be an expansion pack anyway. Hence why they used some Tekken 3 character art on the menus etc.

Tekken 2 is my favourite game anyway for the music and stage backdrops. After Tag, the Jin/Kazuya/Heihachi war just gets silly and unrealistic - a far cry from the simpler family feuds/revenge plots of the original trilogy. Deffo time for a reboot.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Tekken Tag has always been one of the series most under rated entries IMO and this sequal looks awesome.
And Kunimitsu is back!!!! YES!!!!!!!! SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cvo8nwH ... re=related
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD