The PSP collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RodimusPrime

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by RodimusPrime » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:33 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:Been playing mine a lot more lately. Been using the cables to connect to the TV.
I've got some of those but I'd imagine it will look terrible on my 4K tv.
It Forces the PSP resolution so only uses a small portion of the screen. Still a lot bigger than the PSPs screen but disappointing. Still as someone who just can't sit and play on handhelds its at least an alternative.

I guess I was spoiled by the GBA player.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:24 am

Been offered a good condition, fully modded and Rom/ISO stocked up PSP Go for £70. Still seems a little pricey to me. Don't really want to pay over 50quid, especially since I can do the modding myself.

Been looking on gumtree and ebay for a the last few months but always seem to miss out on the rare occasion something suitable comes up.

Would love a 3000 but never see them.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

batman877

Post by batman877 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:50 am

RodimusPrime wrote: It Forces the PSP resolution so only uses a small portion of the screen. Still a lot bigger than the PSPs screen but disappointing. Still as someone who just can't sit and play on handhelds its at least an alternative.
I often play on the big screen too - I sit quite close to the TV in my games room so the smaller screen size is fine for me.

I also recommend playing Resistance Retribution on the big screen with a Playstation 3 controller for DualShock goodness - a great experience! :D

Mortis

Post by Mortis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:48 am

greenberet79 wrote:Been offered a good condition, fully modded and Rom/ISO stocked up PSP Go for £70. Still seems a little pricey to me. Don't really want to pay over 50quid, especially since I can do the modding myself.
Was it manual and boxed. Trying to get a feel on the current market for complete PSP Go's as I own a good condition complete one.

May trade it one day for a Snes Game who knows.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:08 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:Been playing mine a lot more lately. Been using the cables to connect to the TV.
I've got some of those but I'd imagine it will look terrible on my 4K tv.
It Forces the PSP resolution so only uses a small portion of the screen. Still a lot bigger than the PSPs screen but disappointing. Still as someone who just can't sit and play on handhelds its at least an alternative.

I guess I was spoiled by the GBA player.
This is what the zoom function on your TV is for :D

Has anyone made a modded consolised PSP? Seems like it would be a neat little project with a decent pad since it has TV out already. How do you use a PS3 pad with PSP?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:00 am

Mortis wrote:
greenberet79 wrote:Been offered a good condition, fully modded and Rom/ISO stocked up PSP Go for £70. Still seems a little pricey to me. Don't really want to pay over 50quid, especially since I can do the modding myself.
Was it manual and boxed. Trying to get a feel on the current market for complete PSP Go's as I own a good condition complete one.

May trade it one day for a Snes Game who knows.
Pretty sure unboxed.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:34 pm

my collection, i don't see much psp stuff in the wild. my system is still in nice condition, has a mint condition boxed and an official ps vita case (which is nicely padded)

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:29 am

Nice collection. I don't shop much anymore, but 3/4 years ago I loved looking round for cheap PSP games.

I think I doubled my collection in the great Game sell off of 2012.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:07 am

Bought a Red PSP 3000. £50, impeccable condition, but unboxed. Already CFW with 6.60 PRO-C2.

Question - if I just copy the contents of the current memory card in it to a new one and stick that in, will it affect the CFW?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:12 am

Shouldn't make any odds, CFW isn't tied to a particular memory stick. As long as you copy any files or folder structures it does look for, CFW will be oblivious to the change in memory card.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:42 am

Ah - it has the CFW with Fast Recovery. Maybe i'll just downgrade to PRO B.

Also got a small blemish on the top of the screen. Goddammit I didn't see that earlier. No matter.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:18 pm

Apologies if this has been asked before but what's the biggest size of memory card that the PSP will take? I only ask as I'm using CFW to play ISO versions of my UMD's straight from the card (to save the disc drive and also speed up loading) and these are obviously filling up my existing cards ridiculously quickly! The ISO for Valkyria Chronicles III for example took up pretty much 50% of my 4GB card.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:21 am

I don't know of any limit when using CFW. I've got two 64GB microSD cards in my adaptor and I know people who have had two 128GB cards in there with no problems.

512GB cards are now available, so potentially you could have 1TB in there!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:44 am

Liamh1982 wrote:I don't know of any limit when using CFW. I've got two 64GB microSD cards in my adaptor and I know people who have had two 128GB cards in there with no problems.

512GB cards are now available, so potentially you could have 1TB in there!
Nice one :) . I guess I still remember the early days when official firmware + "big" 4 or 8GB cards meant that certain games wouldn't recognise them :lol:

Will have to see what I can get hold of then...

Installed the Mega Drive Collection to my current card last night and have been playing the Golden Axe games again. I still think GA III is criminally underrated and it's very hard to go back to the previous two once you've become accustomed to the bigger sprites, better sound effects and greater range of moves.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:00 am

Hmmm, any idea why I can't wirelessly connect two PSPs for some two player NHL action? They aren't recognising each other and I've never tried before so have no idea what I'm doing :lol: