The PSP collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Black Ridge

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Black Ridge » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:38 pm

imaxeroker85 wrote:yeah my girlfriend has a copy of Super Bust A Move on the PS2 which has an orange spine, which sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm sure there are a few like that out there.
Been buying lots of NTSC and NTSC/J PS2 games and they are much more colourful on the shelf :D

Would be nice to have some import ideas for PSP as I wouldn't know where to start. Got J'eanne D'arc ages back and loved it and had to buy Manhunt 2 before it was released here. Other than that i haven't imported anything else for my PSP.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Black Ridge wrote:Would be nice to have some import ideas for PSP as I wouldn't know where to start. Got J'eanne D'arc ages back and loved it and had to buy Manhunt 2 before it was released here. Other than that i haven't imported anything else for my PSP.
Darius Burst is my fave PSP game and Jap only, It's quite expensive though.

Ikki Tousen: Eloquent Fist is a good side scrolling beat em up with anime girls.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:26 pm

So just under two weeks of starting my collection again.

I have set myself a rule, to begin with, that I will spend no more than £3 per game (or average £3 if multiple games in one transaction) and that also includes postage if buying on eBay! Of course when I go for the imports and special editions again I'll have to spend more

It just makes it a bit more fun, a bit more challenging and keeps the wallet happy.

This is what I have so far...

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:44 am

Some decent titles in there for the money you've paid, Joey. Like your buying rules too, keeps the interest up. :D

My PSP collecting is pretty much at a standstill....probably because i don't have a PSP at the moment :lol: (although that's not strictly true as my son has one that i can use) but i prefer to own my own hardware. I do pick up the odd game if i see them at a good price.

My games are packed away in the attic, but it'll be nice to dig them out and dust them off when i find another decent console.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Black Ridge wrote:
imaxeroker85 wrote:yeah my girlfriend has a copy of Super Bust A Move on the PS2 which has an orange spine, which sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm sure there are a few like that out there.
Been buying lots of NTSC and NTSC/J PS2 games and they are much more colourful on the shelf :D

Would be nice to have some import ideas for PSP as I wouldn't know where to start. Got J'eanne D'arc ages back and loved it and had to buy Manhunt 2 before it was released here. Other than that i haven't imported anything else for my PSP.
Hammerin' Hero is a good side scroller beat em up. Kencho Badass Rumble is a 3d brawler/fighting game which reminds me quite a bit of the Yakuza series

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Another nice little bargain in town today. Wasn't shopping for games but quickly ducked into Game and they had a load if PSP stuff, most in their 2 for £10 offer.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:17 pm

^ i really liked Invizimals :oops: but then i am a sucker for anything monster raising/training related. Good purchase there!

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Joey wrote:So just under two weeks of starting my collection again.

I have set myself a rule, to begin with, that I will spend no more than £3 per game (or average £3 if multiple games in one transaction) and that also includes postage if buying on eBay! Of course when I go for the imports and special editions again I'll have to spend more

It just makes it a bit more fun, a bit more challenging and keeps the wallet happy.

This is what I have so far...

In two footed Joe! Lots of goodies already.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:06 am

I like the PSP boxes, must be the size and shape.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:46 pm

How are the DJ Portable Max games? Can anyone recommend them?

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed May 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Is anyone going to buy Class of Heroes 2?
Class of Heroes 2 - PSP® Physical + Digital edition

You are purchasing a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the art shown on the left, a UMD with custom art, and a game manual AS WELL AS a North America PSN (only) digital download code that will allow the game to also be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network (aka SEN).

The game will be shipped to your address on file with Amazon. The digital download code for the game will be emailed to you at the email address on file with Amazon. ONLY the addresses on file with Amazon will be used to prevent fraud, so please double check they are correct when you check out.

The digital download code will be emailed to buyers when the game is available on PSN, and the physical version of the game will be shipped when manufacturing is complete. We expect complete fufillment of these vouchers with both physical and digital product in 4-8 weeks, although international and long-range shipping may delay delivery for buyers outside of the Continental USA. Your credit card will be charged for this digital voucher purchase in 1-3 days. We are ordering physical+digital product to match the number of digital vouchers sold, and for that reason, please understand that there are NO REFUNDS.

CHECKOUT ONLY SUPPORTS ONE PURCHASE PER CLICK. If you want multiple copies, you need to repeat the process for each copy you want.
Price, including USA shipping: $36.99 USD
http://www.gaijinworks.com/GW_presale_reg.htm

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:45 am

I've sold a couple of my PSP games to the local retro shop. Im slowly whittling my collection down to just what I want (whilst keeping the ISO files of course!). Can't see anything I'd want to buy now, happy with what I've got (about 40+ cases and 90 ISO files).

I wouldn't mind getting a decent quality PSP Go before they all disappear though.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat May 04, 2013 8:00 am

What were the official and non official psp magazines at the time? I can find a little info on the official one that disappeared in '09 but that's about it.

Anybody still have any?

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Sat May 04, 2013 8:11 am

Off the top of my head I've recently imported

Bleach Soul Carnival and Zettai Zetsumei Tohsi 3, Bleach is the japanese release but the other one I believe is from Hong Kong

I still want to import Soul Carnival 2 plus I've got my eye on getting a few more RPGs for the collection.

The problem with my PSP collection is I tend to keep getting rid of games then buying them back later on, I think I must have bought the rereleases of Final Fantasy 1 and 2 at least twice each and I want to pick them up again now.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri May 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Has anyone played either of the Star Ocean games?

I had both when I was originally collecting but never got round to them. I've started Kingdom hearts: Birth by sleep but i'm not really into it at all, I think its the Disney side i'm just not clicking with.