The PSP collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Black Ridge

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:23 pm

samhain81 wrote:
Black Ridge wrote:
Problem is, whenever i think to myself i wanna crack the PSP out, i have to charge it as it loses it battery even when its off.

My biggest problem ever with my PSP, Makes me irritated just thinking of this issue.
Its funny, my DS or GBA will hold its charge for months without play which is great. If it cant hold its battery life I'd rather use batteries. I've always got plenty at home and at least if i want to play something that is dead i can can chuck a couple of AA/AAA's in it and be on my way. Sony dont like their consoles being left alone. Every time i leave the PS3 for a while i have mammoth updates to do for both the system itself and for the games!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:42 pm

samhain81 wrote:Can anyone recommend Blazing Souls Accelate?

Really like the look of this.
If you can get it cheap then it might be an idea to just get it because I have a feeling it might be harder to track down in the future since it's the last PSP game of note in the EU so far (aside from a few EA things that inevitably slip out) and I can't imagine it was distributed too widely.

I got mine for £15 from Play.com. Haven't played it yet but it's a port of a PS2/360 game that came out in Japan ages ago so I imagine there's already plenty of opinion available outside of the PSP version.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:24 am

Shinobi wrote:My friend just gave me a boxfull of PSP games for free.. All in great condition, and best of all no sports or driving games
The PSP actually has some excellent driving games - OutRun 2006, both Burnouts, Gran Turismo, Motorstorm, both Wipeouts - all spring to mind.

In fact, it has some great all round sports games too - NHL 2007 is brilliant, Everybody's Tennis, Virtua Tennis.

I've got about 70 PSP games and OutRun and NHL are my top two.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:32 am

the_b1ues wrote:
samhain81 wrote:
Black Ridge wrote:
Problem is, whenever i think to myself i wanna crack the PSP out, i have to charge it as it loses it battery even when its off.

My biggest problem ever with my PSP, Makes me irritated just thinking of this issue.
Ive littlerly just had to do this lol,

Also my psp is unlocked so i can play emulators but how do i update it so i can play new games but not loss the modded firmware.
If you get the latest CFW (6.60 Pro I think) then they'll just load the IOS's, easy peasy -
http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=36210
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Just passed up on a copy of Pixeljunk Monsters for £12 - never heard of it before and after an amazon / ebay search Im regretting not chancing it.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Did that get a UK physical release or was it PSN only? There's a US seller listing them for about 9 quid on eBay.

EDIT

Just noticed that Amazon have Fat Princess Fistful of Cake for £3.33 (Essentials version).

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:00 pm

It was a US physical copy for sale.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:58 am

Passed an import shooter on the psp called Dangei Orta ??

Anyone heard of it? It was pricey but looked great on the back.

Trouble is, I can't find a single mention of it online, when I tried to look for reviews.

Maybe it has a different name locally. :?

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:21 pm

samhain81 wrote:Passed an import shooter on the psp called Dangei Orta ??

Anyone heard of it? It was pricey but looked great on the back.

Trouble is, I can't find a single mention of it online, when I tried to look for reviews.

Maybe it has a different name locally. :?
Only thing i could suggest is to see if it looked like anything else - or - if it wasnt too expensive buy it and see. I passed up on Pixeljunk at the weekend but comments seem to be favourable so now I regret it. Should have researched more on my mobile.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Needed to resurrect this thread for at least one reason - but also to add that I just bought Popolocrois , Riviera and Ultimate Ghosts n goblins - my first games for a while.

Ok main reason - I passed up on a game today (as I have done a few times and regretted it) mainly because I had never heard of it and because it looked like a Warioware ripoff.

It was called WTF - Worktimefun.

Anyone come accross this or played it and is it any good - or should i just quit asking stupid questions,buy it and enjoy?

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:39 am

Can't say I've heard of it!

However - Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins. The most difficult game of all time??

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:56 am

I was hoping it was a compiled pack of Ghost n Goblins / Ghouls n Ghosts - turns out its just a graphically enhanced rehash. With slow fire responses.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:09 am

shiftytigger wrote:
Ok main reason - I passed up on a game today (as I have done a few times and regretted it) mainly because I had never heard of it and because it looked like a Warioware ripoff.

It was called WTF - Worktimefun.

Anyone come accross this or played it and is it any good - or should i just quit asking stupid questions,buy it and enjoy?
I bought it ages ago for a fiver I think, but it's still sat on my 'to be played' shelf. Not much help I know! :oops:

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Not really - but nice to at least know of one person who bought it. Wont get back over that way for a while now so its out of my range at the moment.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Just bought Blazblue Calamity Trigger - is it any good though. Never played one before.