The PSP collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Black Ridge wrote:Is Fate a fighting game? Im playing a Fate game on PS2 and its a decent 3D fighter. Would like to see the anime series to know who the characters are and get some backstory.
RPG. There's a whole series of them in Japan I think but only this one got released over here. Perhaps yours is a spin-off?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Black Ridge wrote:Is Fate a fighting game? Im playing a Fate game on PS2 and its a decent 3D fighter. Would like to see the anime series to know who the characters are and get some backstory.

There were some lovely sets on PSP. Many more LE & CEs to collect over DS release. Im a sucker for all the extras.
As 'Megamixer' says it's a RPG with 'Saber' as the main character I've not really played it as I sold my PSP.. Friend gave me 'Fate Stay Night' on the PS2 I think that is a 3D RPG again I really need to play it.. Too many games, forgot to mention he also gave me Melty Blood Act Fancier..

All I used to play was Jeanne D'arc and Tactic's Ogre they run up 100 plus.. All the really obscure RPG's I get in Gamestation I give to 'Trev' stuff like 'Rivera' and Legend of Dragoon' never saw in the wild again.. Local Game has a few copies of Pocropolis and War of the Lion..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Just found these in the attic, I gave all my PSP games away for free to Vulture on here including rare games like SNK Classic's 0, Parasite Eve Third Birthday Twisted edition, Battle Vixens, Lords of Arcarna limited edition and Gitaroo Man lives.. The games below he didn't want and I would never part with the Big Box RPG's as they where Presents..

As Gamestation now sells PSP's for £30 boxed tempted to buy one again.. The big boxed PSP RPG's I have never saw in the Wild Trev very kindly gave me the one and the other I had of one of the Women on here.. Are they Ghostlight exclusives are something? My sister bought me Twin bee Collection and Fate Stay Night came with a big poster but she can't remember where.. But she said they where cheap
You could buy those sets direct from Ghostlight but also other places. Fate/EXTRA came with a mini magazine thing from Ghostlight and both Fate/EXTRA and Legend of Heroes came with massive posters. Sadly I threw the posters away as I tried to sell them numerous times but there were no takers so I recycled them when I needed the space :(

Sure I saw Legend of Heroes CE in Gamestation a few times too so it must have gotten a limited retail release.

I sold my Fate/EXTRA and Legend of Heroes boxsets on ebay this week as part of a clear-out. The only one I've still got is the Persona 2 set because I just love that series.
I see Ghostlight are selling normal editions for more than the box sets that we had.. Well you do get the free poster when originally you had Posters, artbooks, postcards, stickers, Music CD's etc

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:46 am

These arrived today, shame my PSP is playing up.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Argh Trails in the Sky!! Looks so good. Will get one eventually.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:37 pm

nakamura wrote:Argh Trails in the Sky!! Looks so good. Will get one eventually.
Wished you'd have said :( I sold mine on ebay the other week so you could have had it...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:37 pm

Ah typical! Been so busy Rich, not had time to get on here.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:40 am

Shinobi wrote:Just found these in the attic, I gave all my PSP games away for free to Vulture on here....
As Gamestation now sells PSP's for £30 boxed tempted to buy one again..
Very generous!

And, they are? I haven't been to a gamestation in a while - are these second hand or "new"?
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:26 pm

greenberet79 wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Just found these in the attic, I gave all my PSP games away for free to Vulture on here....
As Gamestation now sells PSP's for £30 boxed tempted to buy one again..
Very generous!

And, they are? I haven't been to a gamestation in a while - are these second hand or "new"?
I'm sure they where second hand as they where the original model, they where boxed and the boxes looked mint.. They where behind the glass cases they also had a load of the newer slim models and PSP Go's which for some reason was more expensive.. Would be surprised the GO's where new as they didn't sell well

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Current state of the collection

Trying to not use Ebay

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:30 pm

what's Shinobido like? I saw there was Vita sequel, but it looked ported from PSP almost.

My last buy, Exit 2 - which is quite fun

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Annoying to play without the other stick, it really needs manual camera control

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:56 pm

DPrinny wrote:Annoying to play without the other stick, it really needs manual camera control
100% agree with that. I was hoping for a tenchu beater....i didn't get it.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:23 pm

nokgod wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Annoying to play without the other stick, it really needs manual camera control
100% agree with that. I was hoping for a tenchu beater....i didn't get it.
On the other hand

The PS2 version is the best Ninja-em-up made.

Want to try the Vita version, but I really dont want to get another console just yet

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Better than Fatal Shadows? :shock: Why have i never played this?
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)