The PSP collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

shiftytigger

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:01 am

Got a few games lately through buying and trading and almost bought a seaked Football Manager 2013 from Cex yesterday. However £12 for something I will never ever play still seems excessive to me.

May add a few pics of my collection as it currently stands - mainly because it is way bigger than my PS2 collection. Sincerely hoping that RetroCollect adds PSP sometime soon despite its not being retro as far as some are concerned. I like being able to document my collections and I do enjoy the RC database.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Ask and it will be so.

PSP now added to Retrocollect - i will ignore the 'its not retro' and enjoy not having to keep it all written down now.

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Has anyone bought Onore no Shinzuru Michi o Yuke yet?

It's Import Friendly apparently and a VERY good game for a cheapish price (£15/20 normally).

If anyone has any impressions, please let me know! :D

Edit: I also recommend After Burner: Black Falcon (for short bursts of After Burner) and Crush (an interesting puzzle game), if you haven't tried those already.

Not tried Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday either....but I heard that's unique too!

I have Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3: Extra Edition (Japanese Import), as I am a HUGE fan of the whole series.

Is OutRun 2006 any good on the PSP? Akin to the PS2/Xbox versions?

I still want to try and get into God Eater Burst as well.
SEGA, Falcom and "Niche" Nintendo fan

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:29 am

^^Not heard of that one!

Did anyone/everyone preorder Elminage Original LE on Thursday? Only 300 being produced & they sold out quite quickly.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:13 am

Starlight wrote:Has anyone bought Onore no Shinzuru Michi o Yuke yet?

It's Import Friendly apparently and a VERY good game for a cheapish price (£15/20 normally).

If anyone has any impressions, please let me know! :D
Do want to get that in, it looks pretty great. Also up next on my 'WANT' list:

Doesn't look as polished as the Project Diva games, but still seems quite decent.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:47 pm

got given SSX on Tour - not tried it yet

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:59 am

Starlight wrote:Not tried Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday either....but I heard that's unique too!

I have Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3: Extra Edition (Japanese Import), as I am a HUGE fan of the whole series.

Is OutRun 2006 any good on the PSP? Akin to the PS2/Xbox versions?
OutRun is brilliant on the PSP. 100% recommended. One of the best games on the machine.

I liked 3rd Birthday, but I got stuck at a certain point (though I'm not very good at games these days!) I do want to give it another go, and the presentation of the game is excellent.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:08 pm

I completed 3rd Birthday, its a short game

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:09 pm

got the Castlevania in Oxfam - it's quite hard imho, shame you need to unlock the 2nd game rather than being able to play it from menu :/

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:37 am

My Castlevania wont allow me to finish SOTN. The disc is mint and has no problems elsewhere but sticks before I try to go into one of the boss rooms. Meh.

piginapoke

Post by piginapoke » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:01 pm

completed Resistance Retribution. not bad. a bit repetitive but the mech walker control scenes are fun. probably woild say this was better if I hadnt been spoilt by the presentation and quality of 3rd Birthday :-)
"An intruder has penetrated our forcefield"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Just found these in the attic, I gave all my PSP games away for free to Vulture on here including rare games like SNK Classic's 0, Parasite Eve Third Birthday Twisted edition, Battle Vixens, Lords of Arcarna limited edition and Gitaroo Man lives.. The games below he didn't want and I would never part with the Big Box RPG's as they where Presents..

As Gamestation now sells PSP's for £30 boxed tempted to buy one again.. The big boxed PSP RPG's I have never saw in the Wild Trev very kindly gave me the one and the other I had of one of the Women on here.. Are they Ghostlight exclusives are something? My sister bought me Twin bee Collection and Fate Stay Night came with a big poster but she can't remember where.. But she said they where cheap
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Shinobi wrote:Just found these in the attic, I gave all my PSP games away for free to Vulture on here including rare games like SNK Classic's 0, Parasite Eve Third Birthday Twisted edition, Battle Vixens, Lords of Arcarna limited edition and Gitaroo Man lives.. The games below he didn't want and I would never part with the Big Box RPG's as they where Presents..

As Gamestation now sells PSP's for £30 boxed tempted to buy one again.. The big boxed PSP RPG's I have never saw in the Wild Trev very kindly gave me the one and the other I had of one of the Women on here.. Are they Ghostlight exclusives are something? My sister bought me Twin bee Collection and Fate Stay Night came with a big poster but she can't remember where.. But she said they where cheap
You could buy those sets direct from Ghostlight but also other places. Fate/EXTRA came with a mini magazine thing from Ghostlight and both Fate/EXTRA and Legend of Heroes came with massive posters. Sadly I threw the posters away as I tried to sell them numerous times but there were no takers so I recycled them when I needed the space :(

Sure I saw Legend of Heroes CE in Gamestation a few times too so it must have gotten a limited retail release.

I sold my Fate/EXTRA and Legend of Heroes boxsets on ebay this week as part of a clear-out. The only one I've still got is the Persona 2 set because I just love that series.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Just found these in the attic, I gave all my PSP games away for free to Vulture on here including rare games like SNK Classic's 0, Parasite Eve Third Birthday Twisted edition, Battle Vixens, Lords of Arcarna limited edition and Gitaroo Man lives.. The games below he didn't want and I would never part with the Big Box RPG's as they where Presents..

You could buy those sets direct from Ghostlight but also other places. Fate/EXTRA came with a mini magazine thing from Ghostlight and both Fate/EXTRA and Legend of Heroes came with massive posters. Sadly I threw the posters away as I tried to sell them numerous times but there were no takers so I recycled them when I needed the space :(

Sure I saw Legend of Heroes CE in Gamestation a few times too so it must have gotten a limited retail release.

I sold my Fate/EXTRA and Legend of Heroes boxsets on ebay this week as part of a clear-out. The only one I've still got is the Persona 2 set because I just love that series.
It seems everything on Ghoslight is always sold out :( I do see a lot of PSP RPGs) I've never heard off but I send them on to Trev for his RPG collection 8) Local Game is doing BOGOF and they had Powerstone collection, Mana Khemia etc.. I'm the same with you I though I have the Caanoo so did I really need the PSP for e,ulation it does have a load of good games
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:08 pm

Is Fate a fighting game? Im playing a Fate game on PS2 and its a decent 3D fighter. Would like to see the anime series to know who the characters are and get some backstory.

There were some lovely sets on PSP. Many more LE & CEs to collect over DS release. Im a sucker for all the extras.