The PSP collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Timothy Lumsden

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:18 am

thanks Morkin

Has anyone used gameplay? are they reliable? at £17.99 my temptation grows

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:16 am

Been using them for years & they've always been super reliable. :)

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:44 am

I've decided to take a break from Lord of Arcana. I really want to like the game as it has a lot of potential, but I've just encountered a ridiculous difficulty spike, and the only way I'm going to get through the next nission is to precede it with hours of dull grinding. As I've said elsewhere, though, the problem with grinding is that even the weaker enemies can take a lot of punishment, and fighting skeletons if you're using a firelance is an exercise in frustration.

I will go back to it and hopefully complete it, but probably not for a while.

So, in conclusion, if you like the Monster Hunter games, you will probably like this. For people who like to actually make progress in games, approach with caution.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:45 am

Fear of Grinding - that's what's kept me from buy Arcana.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:50 am

Ive recently bought a mint, complete copy of Wipeout for my PSP for £1.95 BIN. I cant get enough of that and MotoGP at the mo.
Thoughts and prayers.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:19 am

Ferret Oxide wrote:I've decided to take a break from Lord of Arcana. I really want to like the game as it has a lot of potential, but I've just encountered a ridiculous difficulty spike, and the only way I'm going to get through the next nission is to precede it with hours of dull grinding. As I've said elsewhere, though, the problem with grinding is that even the weaker enemies can take a lot of punishment, and fighting skeletons if you're using a firelance is an exercise in frustration.

So, in conclusion, if you like the Monster Hunter games, you will probably like this. For people who like to actually make progress in games, approach with caution.
Hhm. Not sure if it's for me then. :?

Anyone picking up Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Edition this coming Friday?

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Morkin wrote:
Ferret Oxide wrote:I've decided to take a break from Lord of Arcana. I really want to like the game as it has a lot of potential, but I've just encountered a ridiculous difficulty spike, and the only way I'm going to get through the next nission is to precede it with hours of dull grinding. As I've said elsewhere, though, the problem with grinding is that even the weaker enemies can take a lot of punishment, and fighting skeletons if you're using a firelance is an exercise in frustration.

Hhm. Not sure if it's for me then. :?

Anyone picking up Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Edition this coming Friday?
Got it preordered, I want the limited edition so I can get the extra stuff on Dissidia 012. FF4 is my favourite "Classic" fantasy"

PSN username - MartinPhantom

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:07 pm

I'm ordering it when I next get paid. I think it looks rather nice. Not sure whether to get Dissidia Duodecim, though. It's going to be that or Tactics Ogre, I think.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Duodecim has the original dissidia included in it as well if that sways anybodies decision!?

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:00 pm

RetroMartin wrote:Duodecim has the original dissidia included in it as well if that sways anybodies decision!?
I got the Limited Edition version of the original about a year ago, but I've never really found time to play it. I've started a few times, but always seem to lose interest very early on, which is a shame as I love the concept.

I'm finally giving my PSP the attention it deserves, though, so maybe I'll get around to this soon. I intend to complete Takes of |Eternia first, though, and I have Coded Arms: Contagion ordered from Ebay...

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Playing Final Fantasy IV now. Although it's probably going to be a late review now. It's a rather big game.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Playing Final Fantasy IV now. Although it's probably going to be a late review now. It's a rather big game.
Rubbish Darran! If you've not finished it in time then you're obviously not putting enough hours into such a fantastic game! :P

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:05 am

Lord of Arcana is now down to £9.99 at Play.com & Amazon. Do I buy it 'for the collection'? Hhm.

pforson

Post by pforson » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:56 am

Hi psp guys,

Probably a long shot, but I'm looking to buy a good condition PSP Go N-1001 with 6.20 firmware (pref in white). It needs to be this exact version because of the cfw I want to load on it. If anyones got one just gathering dust then drop me a pm.

Ta,
Pete
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

famicom69

Post by famicom69 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Is Final Fantasy 4 a port or a remake? I'm completely confused.

Bought Tactics Ogre and The 3rd Brithday the other day, 3B might be going back on Thursday. Never played Parasite Eve but would be gutted if I was a fan of the franchise lol, it utter censored. Looks amazing but is completely devoid of interesting gameplay and interesting enemies, massive disappointment. Any chance of it becoming valuable in the future?

Looking forward to tucking into Tactics Ogre!