The PSP collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Post Reply
User avatar
famicom69
Posts: 740
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:42 pm
Location: South Wales UK

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by famicom69 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:36 pm

My copy of YS 1/2 Chronicles arrived last week. Got lumped with an import charge, but it's an awesome package. Some sterling releases out for the PSP this year, looking forward to Persona 3!

Morkin
Posts: 2679
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:37 am

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Morkin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:40 am

Chris wrote:
Anyone know if The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is good, looks interesting but I'm not too sure about it.
Only two reviews online at the moment, both with good scores. http://www.metacritic.com/game/psp/the- ... in-the-sky

I ordered it right away as I'm a sucker for these fancy PSP packaging editions. :P

EDIT My PSP SE collection so far. :D

Image

User avatar
Darran@Retro Gamer
Posts: 6772
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:34 am
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Picked up some new games today as I've finally given up on the Go.

Tactics Ogre Premium Edition
Valkyria Chronicles II
Eye of Judgement Legends
Archer MaClean's Mercury
WipEout Pulse
Half-Minute Hero
Gottlieb Pinball Classics
DisGaea Afternoon of Darkness
Mytran Wars
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Got the lot for £55 which I thought was all right.
Image

User avatar
Liamh1982
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:11 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:59 am

My Memory Stick is no longer being recognised - it's not the stick itself, I put it in a USB card reader, plug that in my PC and everything's still there and not corrupted. But now I can't load up my saves, play music, watch videos, do anything basically!

James A
Posts: 3486
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by James A » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:48 am

Liamh1982 wrote:My Memory Stick is no longer being recognised - it's not the stick itself, I put it in a USB card reader, plug that in my PC and everything's still there and not corrupted. But now I can't load up my saves, play music, watch videos, do anything basically!
Ive got this problem too. Ive got a 4gig stick but it won't recognise it for saves. Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be?
Image

User avatar
RetroMartin
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by RetroMartin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Picked up some new games today as I've finally given up on the Go.

Tactics Ogre Premium Edition
Valkyria Chronicles II
Eye of Judgement Legends
Archer MaClean's Mercury
WipEout Pulse
Half-Minute Hero
Gottlieb Pinball Classics
DisGaea Afternoon of Darkness
Mytran Wars
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Got the lot for £55 which I thought was all right.
Wow, buy the lot for me please! (joking of course, I don't *HAVE* 55 quid hehe)

Bargain though for al that, Taccy Ogre woulda set you back 20 quid at least.
Image

PSN username - MartinPhantom

User avatar
Liamh1982
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:11 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:39 pm

But Mercury only cost me £1.99! :lol:

User avatar
Space_turnip
Posts: 3930
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Yate, Bristol

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Space_turnip » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:20 am

Raided the coin jar (90 quid, get in!) and did some long overdue trade in clear outs, so got the following today:
F1 Grand Prix (hardly see this in the local stores, only a fiver and i'm a sucker for PSP racing games)
Wipeout Pure (which for some reason I dont have...)
Tiger Wood 08 (cheaper than the 360 Tiger Woods 11..)
Final Fantasy (been meaning to get this for a long time)
Gangs of London (another one I dont see very often here)


was heavily tempted to get 3rd Birthday (it's the packaging damnit) but seeing as I'm not really fan of those sort of games, and have several lying around as it is decided against it. Takes the PSP collection to about 150-ish (i think), could have got quite a few more in the actually-pretty-decent GAME sale, but went for some DS loving instead. Cheap PSP games are so incredibly tempting though.
Image

Morkin
Posts: 2679
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:37 am

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Morkin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Space_turnip wrote: Takes the PSP collection to about 150-ish (i think), could have got quite a few more in the actually-pretty-decent GAME sale, but went for some DS loving instead. Cheap PSP games are so incredibly tempting though.
150! Wow! :shock: I thought I had a lot (70). :lol: Like you say, cheap PSP games are very tempting.

User avatar
Timothy Lumsden
Posts: 2994
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:07 am

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:39 pm

picked up Battlezone pre-owned for £2 - sort of imperfect bit of fun - but for £2 can hardly quibble.

I ummed and arrghed over 3rd Birthday - and it looks nice - but can't pay out £30 for PSP (or any games) at the moment.

User avatar
BennyTheGreek
Posts: 2256
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: you dont care

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Hot Pixel is very good for the few quid I paid for it.......very much like warioware

User avatar
thevulture
Posts: 10152
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:33 am

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by thevulture » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:picked up Battlezone pre-owned for £2 - sort of imperfect bit of fun - but for £2 can hardly quibble.

I ummed and arrghed over 3rd Birthday - and it looks nice - but can't pay out £30 for PSP (or any games) at the moment.
Glanced at Battlezone before, but passed it over.Whats it play like?

3rd Birthday-Tell me about it-Do want, but have'nt paid that sorta money for a PSP game for as long as i can recal.

User avatar
Ferret Oxide
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:27 am
Location: Loading screen

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:28 pm

thevulture wrote:
Timothy Lumsden wrote:picked up Battlezone pre-owned for £2 - sort of imperfect bit of fun - but for £2 can hardly quibble.

I ummed and arrghed over 3rd Birthday - and it looks nice - but can't pay out £30 for PSP (or any games) at the moment.
Glanced at Battlezone before, but passed it over.Whats it play like?

3rd Birthday-Tell me about it-Do want, but have'nt paid that sorta money for a PSP game for as long as i can recal.
I got 3rd Birthday from Amazon for £23, so already the price is slipping. It's worth paying full price for, anyway. A lengthy game with lots of replay value.

User avatar
thevulture
Posts: 10152
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:33 am

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by thevulture » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Trouble is, i know what'd happen:

I'd buy 3rd Birthday for say £20 in few weeks and it'd sit there with rest of stuff i've yet to try on various formats and time i did try it? Price would be lot less.

So holding off for few weeks at moment.

Morkin
Posts: 2679
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:37 am

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by Morkin » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:30 am

Lord of Arcana & Tactics Ogre dropped in price quite quickly, so I'm hoping to buy 3rd Birthday & Dissidia when they get a bit cheaper. Talking of Arcana, has anyone bought it? Reviews weren't very positive, but it's currently £11.99, so can't decide if it's worth a purchase or not. :?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests