The PSP collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

MadManDan79

Re: The PSP collecting thread

Post by MadManDan79 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:29 pm

I got my boxed white PSP for a very reasonable price...

Free in a joblot of consoles and games which I sold on (and made a profit)...

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Joey wrote:
Timothy Redux wrote:I have a few copies of a PSP magazine that folded about a week after I bought my PSP. Anyone know if there was any other magazine besides that official one?
I was searching Ebay for PSP mags a good while back and found they hardly ever appeared. When they did they were quite pricey too!
yer, I couldn't see much either. I think it may have only run for 12-18 months at most.
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:42 pm

I have quite a few games for this little console, I just sold my Pink and my Purple PSP's as I got good money for them. I have left a Boxed White PSP 1000, a black PSP 3000, a white PSP 3000 running custom firmware and a PSP GO.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:09 pm

Going to spain for a week so have updated my memory stick - got about 30 psp games on there. Anyway, my holiday games of choice are (DRUM ROLL....):

Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins
Castlevania: Dracula X

I know, quite difficult and not relaxing! But I've gone for old school arcade style. Looking forward to giving them a good go!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri May 27, 2016 1:00 pm

greenberet79 wrote:Going to spain for a week so have updated my memory stick - got about 30 psp games on there. Anyway, my holiday games of choice are (DRUM ROLL....):

Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins
Castlevania: Dracula X

I know, quite difficult and not relaxing! But I've gone for old school arcade style. Looking forward to giving them a good go!
I'd recommend the Kai edition of Ultimate GnG above the normal version, they rebalanced the difficulty so that, while the game is still not easy it somehow felt fairer than the normal version of Ultimate GnG. It also removed the awful gold ring hunt at the end of the game so you just go straight to the final boss once you reach the boss door, instead of being forced to find all the gold rings (which drove me mad). (should be worth mentioning Kai was only released in Japan though)

Dracula X is great though, I personally prefer the PC Engine original instead of the PSP update (and you can unlock the original through the gameplay), I just preferred the original sprites and music compared to the updated stuff used.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:44 pm

Yeah, I might download the Kai version tonight. I do have the original GnG on disc, obviously not the Japanese version though. Good call!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Fri May 27, 2016 8:22 pm

Consider putting Fate/Extra on your memory stick too. It's an excellent game.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:59 am

Is it RPG? Sounds like RPG. I don't do RPG - haven't got the patience!

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Sat May 28, 2016 9:10 am

It's sort of half RPG half Visual Novel.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:34 pm

Then that is not the type of game for me!

Had great fun playing G n G. I didn't get round to playing the Kai version, will do one day. Didn't get to play it as much as I would have liked but liked what I played.

I downloaded the latest PES and FIFA (14?) [in lieu of the impending Euro Championships] but just keep getting a Data Corrupt message on my PSP. Not sure if it's because of the CFW I'm on. It's put me off buying the actual copies.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:59 am

My local Pound Shop has a rake of UMD films, sealed. No games though. I've only bought Resident Evil so far but, as a PSP collector, I can't decide whether to buy them all or not.

Will PSP movies ever shoot up in collectability?
2015 NL East Division Champions.
2015 NL Championship Winners.
Let's Go Mets!

MediaCult

Post by MediaCult » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:39 am

rossi46 wrote:My local Pound Shop has a rake of UMD films, sealed. No games though. I've only bought Resident Evil so far but, as a PSP collector, I can't decide whether to buy them all or not.

Will PSP movies ever shoot up in collectability?
I doubt it, since all movies released on UMD are very mainstream. Perhaps in 20 years? :)
MobyGames profile: http://www.mobygames.com/user/sheet/userSheetId,131075/
PSN/Microsoft/Wii U/STEAM nickname: MediaCult (feel free to add me).

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:04 am

I love my PSP. I whittled down my collection from about 100 games to around 45 as I simply wasn't playing many of them. It's a great console with lots of retro compilations and retro-inspired games on it. It's worth owning just for OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:42 am

Been playing mine a lot more lately. Been using the cables to connect to the TV.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:18 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:Been playing mine a lot more lately. Been using the cables to connect to the TV.
I've got some of those but I'd imagine it will look terrible on my 4K tv.