GBA Collecting

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Sephiroth81

Re: GBA Collecting

Post by Sephiroth81 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:54 pm

Yeah, when so many fake carts flood the market, don't buy into it. Just get a flashcart, works perfectly.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:54 pm

Nautical Rudie wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:41 am
Just bought a GBA micro and starting looking at grabbing some more GBA stuff, but most of the ebay stuff is super fake so I can barely trust it unless its boxed (and therefore expensive). Any tips?

Even a lot of the boxed GBA stuff is fake with the 4 page manuals and badly photocopied boxes. I used to find a lot of GBA games in charity shops and stolen goods generator.

There was some gba games like Metroid fusion up for grabs in the niceness plus thread maybe worth never bumping that.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:36 am

Nautical Rudie wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:43 am
Issue with fakes is that they dont save, and a lot of time its hard to tell via ebay until they arrive, which is just a ballache. Never had issues with refunds from fakes (as they people know they are doing it and dont want to get reported) but its just a giant waste of time.
Not entirely true. Some fakes have save issues, but none of mine have had any problems, only weird coloured plastics or dodgy labels give the game away.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:02 am

Ah fair, all I know is that every fake GBA cart I've bought hasnt saved and ive read elsewhere its a common issue with pirate carts
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:57 am

One way to avoid the fakes a lot of the time is to stay away from US copies with the ESRB ratings logos and the 'Advance' part of the Gameboy Advance on the box in black.

Not saying that fakes of Euro GBA games don't happen but for some reason, most of them are knock-offs of the US editions.

And in general I'd buy cart-only if you aren't fussed about having a pretty collection. I personally prefer the boxes but the GBA is getting into that NES/SNES kind of zone where people go mad for minty, boxed copies and it will cost you a lot more money.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.