Collector Needed

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
highrise
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:17 am

Re: Collector Needed

Post by highrise » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:58 pm

the rarest game I have is Zelda's Adventure but I think that's already been done. Others would be Megaman Wily Wars, Alien Soldier, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Sin and Punishment - I doubt they are rare enough though are they? (checks ebay) oh, I see Wily Wars has become a bit of a gem. Well, I do have one complete so if that is any good let me know.

p.s I just remembered I have PAL Kolibri as well. That's pretty hard to find.

User avatar
merman
Posts: 6546
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Skegness, UK
Contact:

Re: Collector Needed

Post by merman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:48 am

Mayhem wrote:
Lorfarius wrote:Hard to find titles that are usually pretty expensive. One of the Neo Gep Pocket games was done recently (Reversi I think).
Which issue was this btw? Considering it featured myself. Last time I had a complimentary copy of the magazine sent to me, but not seen anything this time. Just for reference and to go get one myself if need be ;)

I've still got a few others left that could be featured, but you wouldn't want to see my ugly mug in the magazine every month now heh...
I think my favourite bit is where it lists your occupation as "Millionaire Playboy"...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

User avatar
Stuart@retrogamer
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:36 am
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Collectors Needed

Post by Stuart@retrogamer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:50 am

highrise wrote:the rarest game I have is Zelda's Adventure but I think that's already been done. Others would be Megaman Wily Wars, Alien Soldier, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Sin and Punishment - I doubt they are rare enough though are they? (checks ebay) oh, I see Wily Wars has become a bit of a gem. Well, I do have one complete so if that is any good let me know.

p.s I just remembered I have PAL Kolibri as well. That's pretty hard to find.
Wily Wars is a good shout, I'll drop you a PM. Cheers to everyone else who have got back to me. If you want to keep this thread alive with more suggestions, Ash and I will keep checking in for future issues.

User avatar
hydr0x
Posts: 2164
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:31 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Collectors Needed

Post by hydr0x » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:48 am

Stuart@retrogamer wrote:
highrise wrote:the rarest game I have is Zelda's Adventure but I think that's already been done. Others would be Megaman Wily Wars, Alien Soldier, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Sin and Punishment - I doubt they are rare enough though are they? (checks ebay) oh, I see Wily Wars has become a bit of a gem. Well, I do have one complete so if that is any good let me know.

p.s I just remembered I have PAL Kolibri as well. That's pretty hard to find.
Wily Wars is a good shout, I'll drop you a PM. Cheers to everyone else who have got back to me. If you want to keep this thread alive with more suggestions, Ash and I will keep checking in for future issues.
Wily Wars, seriously? That's probably in the 6-7 rarity range on a 1-10 scale. In fact, as an example, half of the 32X library might be rarer than that game. Has anyone by chance got a list of games covered before? I'm now more interested than ever ;)
Image

User avatar
ToxieDogg
Posts: 8356
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:54 am
Location: Vice City, a.k.a. 'Liverpool'

Re: Collector Needed

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:02 am

Depending on how rare/hard to get you're after, I've got stuff like Noah's Ark (NES), Ranma 1/2 (SNES), Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PS1), Super Pang Collection (PS1), Space Channel 5 Part 2 (PS2), Ty The Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night Of The Quinkan (Xbox), Mystical Ninja 2 (N64) and Mario Party 3 (N64) amongst others. All PAL versions as well.

Haven't got a decent camera though. :(
Last edited by ToxieDogg on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

User avatar
Neilos626
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Collector Needed

Post by Neilos626 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:21 am

how about Super Noahs Ark 3d on the SNES? I have a complete version of this. I also have a complete versions of Mario vs Wario, The Violinist of Hamelin, Cotton 100%, Wonder Project J and Wonder Project J2.
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

User avatar
highrise
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:17 am

Re: Collector Needed

Post by highrise » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:26 am

just to post here so people know, Stu pm'd me but I'm going to struggle to get my sh*t together this week so I've asked to postpone - meaning he is still looking.

User avatar
Mayhem
Posts: 4741
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:05 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Collector Needed

Post by Mayhem » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:36 am

merman wrote:I think my favourite bit is where it lists your occupation as "Millionaire Playboy"...
If that's true, I see Ash got constructive then hah hah... couldn't bear himself to type the word "unemployed" in the magazine :lol:
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Image

User avatar
Grizzly
Posts: 2465
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Berkshire

Re: Collectors Needed

Post by Grizzly » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:16 pm

hydr0x wrote:
Stuart@retrogamer wrote:
highrise wrote:the rarest game I have is Zelda's Adventure but I think that's already been done. Others would be Megaman Wily Wars, Alien Soldier, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Sin and Punishment - I doubt they are rare enough though are they? (checks ebay) oh, I see Wily Wars has become a bit of a gem. Well, I do have one complete so if that is any good let me know.

p.s I just remembered I have PAL Kolibri as well. That's pretty hard to find.
Wily Wars is a good shout, I'll drop you a PM. Cheers to everyone else who have got back to me. If you want to keep this thread alive with more suggestions, Ash and I will keep checking in for future issues.
Wily Wars, seriously? That's probably in the 6-7 rarity range on a 1-10 scale. In fact, as an example, half of the 32X library might be rarer than that game. Has anyone by chance got a list of games covered before? I'm now more interested than ever ;)

that would be useful. may i chime in by saying that knuckles chaotix has been featured ;)
I write for...
Image
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

User avatar
Stuart@retrogamer
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:36 am
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Collectors Needed

Post by Stuart@retrogamer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:01 pm

hydr0x wrote:
Stuart@retrogamer wrote:
highrise wrote:the rarest game I have is Zelda's Adventure but I think that's already been done. Others would be Megaman Wily Wars, Alien Soldier, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Sin and Punishment - I doubt they are rare enough though are they? (checks ebay) oh, I see Wily Wars has become a bit of a gem. Well, I do have one complete so if that is any good let me know.

p.s I just remembered I have PAL Kolibri as well. That's pretty hard to find.
Wily Wars is a good shout, I'll drop you a PM. Cheers to everyone else who have got back to me. If you want to keep this thread alive with more suggestions, Ash and I will keep checking in for future issues.
Wily Wars, seriously? That's probably in the 6-7 rarity range on a 1-10 scale. In fact, as an example, half of the 32X library might be rarer than that game. Has anyone by chance got a list of games covered before? I'm now more interested than ever ;)
It's no Tetris, but it's quite rare for a Mega Drive game - I'm pretty sure copies trade hands for as much as £70+. Also, I'd happily take any opportunity to get some Megaman love in the mag :)

User avatar
hydr0x
Posts: 2164
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:31 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Collectors Needed

Post by hydr0x » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Stuart@retrogamer wrote:It's no Tetris, but it's quite rare for a Mega Drive game - I'm pretty sure copies trade hands for as much as £70+. Also, I'd happily take any opportunity to get some Megaman love in the mag :)
Not as rare as games like Daze before Christmas or Fatal Fury 2 ('t was 2, right). High price doesn't mean rare too. But I can see where you're coming from. If that's good enough to qualify as rare though then I have plenty of games that'd qualify ;)
Image

User avatar
RMLF
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:54 am
Location: Lost in the Ether

Re: Collector Needed

Post by RMLF » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Ive got Punisher, Pirates Gold! SORIII Jap, Fatal Fury2 complete for Megadrive, The Firemen (sadly cart only) for the snes.

Iam not getting this right iz it?
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

User avatar
Mayhem
Posts: 4741
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:05 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Collectors Needed

Post by Mayhem » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:05 pm

hydr0x wrote:Not as rare as games like Daze before Christmas or Fatal Fury 2 ('t was 2, right). High price doesn't mean rare too. But I can see where you're coming from. If that's good enough to qualify as rare though then I have plenty of games that'd qualify ;)
Pocket Reversi is arguably not the rarest NGPC game either (probably one of the hanafuda titles, or Nige-Ron-Pa) but it's probably the most well known in collecting circles.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Image

User avatar
DCharlie
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: Collector Needed

Post by DCharlie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:17 pm

what about the other way round? Is there any particular titles RG would like to cover?

I'm not sure what sort of level or rare is appropriate and what isn't (Magic Girl? Rendering Ranger? Eliminate Down?)

User avatar
highrise
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:17 am

Re: Collector Needed

Post by highrise » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 pm

I saw a complete Wily Wars go for over £200 on ebay a while back. As I said, not the rarest thing in my collection but definitely well sought after. I still think Kolibri is rarer though. That's my own personal favourite of the rare ones I have, because Zelda's adventure, even though I only paid 50p for it, is rubbishly rubbish and is just there to be shown off. Kolibri on the other hand, is gorgeous.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests