Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Liamh1982

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:50 am

Cube prices in CeX here actually seem to be going up - SSBM from £12 to £20, Double Dash from £10 to £15...

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:02 am

Liamh1982 wrote:Cube prices in CeX here actually seem to be going up - SSBM from £12 to £20, Double Dash from £10 to £15...
Same here in Southport.

Some of you guys get all the luck, I have never even seen a Gamecube game in any of the charity shops were I live, nevermind found a genuine bargain in either a charity shop or CEX.

Put me down as a fan of Simpsons Hit and Run also, it's a good game, especially if you're a fan of the show, I think they put a lot of effort into it.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:31 am

Love finding GC stuff cos most folk don't know the Wii will play them. Those that do tend to overprice them, even some Cash Converters-type shops are stupidly hoiking prices up but a lot of charity shops and markets stalls (and certain, untainted CC-type shops) don't know what to do with them, often find em for a quid or sometimes less. Ah, GC discs, dinky and svelte, the HuCards of the disc-based console world. :)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:13 pm

pratty wrote: Put me down as a fan of Simpsons Hit and Run also, it's a good game, especially if you're a fan of the show, I think they put a lot of effort into it.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it too :) . I used to have it for the Gamecube and keep meaning to pick it up again for PS2 at some point.
JazzFunk wrote:Love finding GC stuff cos most folk don't know the Wii will play them. Those that do tend to overprice them, even some Cash Converters-type shops are stupidly hoiking prices up but a lot of charity shops and markets stalls (and certain, untainted CC-type shops) don't know what to do with them, often find em for a quid or sometimes less. Ah, GC discs, dinky and svelte, the HuCards of the disc-based console world. :)
A CC near me had the Resi remake in horrific condition (plastic sleeve all torn and hanging off the front of the case!) and it was proudly displayed as 'Rare game!'. Price? ten of your English pounds. Not sure if the game has risen to the £10 value yet but regardless, it wasn't worth more than a few quid in such a state. Also, "rare game"? Please...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Megamixer wrote:
pratty wrote: Put me down as a fan of Simpsons Hit and Run also, it's a good game, especially if you're a fan of the show, I think they put a lot of effort into it.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it too :) . I used to have it for the Gamecube and keep meaning to pick it up again for PS2 at some point.
JazzFunk wrote:Love finding GC stuff cos most folk don't know the Wii will play them. Those that do tend to overprice them, even some Cash Converters-type shops are stupidly hoiking prices up but a lot of charity shops and markets stalls (and certain, untainted CC-type shops) don't know what to do with them, often find em for a quid or sometimes less. Ah, GC discs, dinky and svelte, the HuCards of the disc-based console world. :)
A CC near me had the Resi remake in horrific condition (plastic sleeve all torn and hanging off the front of the case!) and it was proudly displayed as 'Rare game!'. Price? ten of your English pounds. Not sure if the game has risen to the £10 value yet but regardless, it wasn't worth more than a few quid in such a state. Also, "rare game"? Please...
Resi remake is about £6 - £8 here - Newport town sorry City centre is a slum even game sells stock cheaper.. When I was in Cardiff CEX they where charging about £5 more, said the Newport branch is doing it cheaper.. And they said nobody goes to Newport hence the cheaper price..

We have shelves of Resi 0, Resi 4 and Resi remake
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:54 pm

from the what have you bought thread £1 each

007 game doesn't have a manual and the front plastic is ripped,metroid was originally in the case so i swapped them as soon as i got back.
the nfs disc has a scratch on it and vendetta was loose inside and is scratched to hell,so i'm not expecting that to work (i didn't know it was in there so i haven't paid for it).
everything else is complete and looking good.

the lady in the shop said she thinks there are more in their lock up,she's going to have a look and give me first refusal so my fingers are crossed for a few more must have GC games like metroid.

oh and i'm another who likes the simpsons hit and run,i've played it through a few times on ps2 and would recommend it to anyone.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

dste

Post by dste » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:58 pm

When I popped into CEX about a week ago Cube games had dropped slightly in price but still slightly too much.

As for Simpsons, I fall on the meh side. Bought it and tried it before selling it. Loads of people on here went on about it so bought it again, tried it for longer and still found it to be meh.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Is Ikaruga worth spending £20 odd quids on when I have the DC version?
Thoughts and prayers.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Hell no.

It is awful on Cube.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:34 pm

Thanks! Almost clicked buy it now :(
Thoughts and prayers.

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:16 pm

If you have a decent PC wait for the steam version to be released. PAL gamecube version of Ikargua is like 50hz and stuff, I'm sure the japanese version is good though.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:38 pm

It also has very obvious visual glitches. Avoid.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Ah, never knew that, assumed it was only the 50hz thing (the idiots!) really don't feel so bad about giving the PAL GC version away when I got the XBL version. ;)

dste

Post by dste » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Does anyone know what Terminator 3: Redemption is like?
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:39 pm

JazzFunk wrote:Ah, never knew that, assumed it was only the 50hz thing (the idiots!) really don't feel so bad about giving the PAL GC version away when I got the XBL version. ;)
XBL version is pretty good tbh. I'd still like to grab it on DC some time though.
Logged out 15/07/2014.