Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

dste

Re: Gamecube - your favourite title and collecting

Post by dste » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:40 pm

The list is as follows:

Bust-a-Move
Dead to Rights
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (with Bongos)
Donkey Konga 2 (with Bongos)
Drome Racers
Lego Star Wars
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects
Micro Machines
Outlaw Golf
Pokemon XD
Red Faction II
Robotech: Battlecry

Baten Kaitos Origins
Chaos Field
Cubivore

The bottom three as you will be aware are US but the rest are PAL. Naturally I'm looking for as cheap as possible, especially with Pokemon XD. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:00 am

I want those bottom three myself. Particularly, BKO. :)

Might be able to help you out with DK Jungle Beat as i have a spare boxset. The outer box is a bit tatty but the inner bongo box is mint as are the bongos and game, iirc. Drop me a pm if you fancy it and i'll take some pics.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:27 am

Found this rather epic Gamecube article on another forum:

http://www.dromble.com/2014/01/07/dolph ... -gamecube/
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DeafTard911

Post by DeafTard911 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:08 pm

pratty wrote:Found this rather epic Gamecube article on another forum:

Shoot! I was JUST thinking about creating a thread about that article because honestly I have NEVER seen such a HUGE in depth report about a video game system in my life! It took me HOURS to finish that incredibly amazingly detailed article, I can't even imagined how long it for Emily Rogers (the writer of the article) to type up that entire report!

I HIGHLY and STRONGLY recommend anyone that loves to read about video game consoles or hell, even if you love Retro Gamer Magazine yerself then you seriously owe yerself to read that in depth article about the gamecube. I wish more video game consoles had HUGE in depth articles like the one that Emily Rogers typed up in the link above. I was seriously thinking about printing the entire thing and format it into a book or something, like a bathroom reading material cause it certainly is interesting to read.

Even if the Gamecube was not yer favorite system or whatever, just read the first few paragraphs or so and if you are not interested by then, I guess you can just give up but if you keep going I think you will find the entire written report very INTERESTING.

Have you finished reading it yet or is it just too long for you or just not something you really care about? Which is totally understandable cause everyone has their own tastes in reading or whatnot and I could say that the report in the link above is not for everyone to read. Then again, if you love Retro Gamer magazine and you are one of those Readers that ACTUALLY reads every single page/story/line/sentence/word/etc from an entire Retro Gamer Magazine, then seriously, click the link above and start reading! Woot!

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:58 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:pratty do you use rllmuk?
No, I've not actually heard of rllmuk.

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:02 am

DeafTard911 wrote:
pratty wrote:Found this rather epic Gamecube article on another forum:

Shoot! I was JUST thinking about creating a thread about that article because honestly I have NEVER seen such a HUGE in depth report about a video game system in my life! It took me HOURS to finish that incredibly amazingly detailed article, I can't even imagined how long it for Emily Rogers (the writer of the article) to type up that entire report!

I HIGHLY and STRONGLY recommend anyone that loves to read about video game consoles or hell, even if you love Retro Gamer Magazine yerself then you seriously owe yerself to read that in depth article about the gamecube. I wish more video game consoles had HUGE in depth articles like the one that Emily Rogers typed up in the link above. I was seriously thinking about printing the entire thing and format it into a book or something, like a bathroom reading material cause it certainly is interesting to read.

Even if the Gamecube was not yer favorite system or whatever, just read the first few paragraphs or so and if you are not interested by then, I guess you can just give up but if you keep going I think you will find the entire written report very INTERESTING.

Have you finished reading it yet or is it just too long for you or just not something you really care about? Which is totally understandable cause everyone has their own tastes in reading or whatnot and I could say that the report in the link above is not for everyone to read. Then again, if you love Retro Gamer magazine and you are one of those Readers that ACTUALLY reads every single page/story/line/sentence/word/etc from an entire Retro Gamer Magazine, then seriously, click the link above and start reading! Woot!
I enjoiyed the article , though I've read some critiscism that the author used a lot of quotes out of context, but as I'm far from a gaming historian I couldn't really comment.

Even if quotes were taken out of context I think the article still offers a lot of insight into Nintendo's thinking at the time, as well as their general gaming philosophy. The stuff about the Gamecube controller was very interesting.

Drisk

Post by Drisk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:35 am

I just before Chrimbo rebought my Camecube as my original was dead and in my local retro game shop it was a silver shiny Resident Evil 4 Gamecube (sooo shiny) .. I love it my favourite is Fzero GX, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 4, Wave Racer, Zelda Collection, Zelda Wind Waker, Rouge Leader, Rebel Strike (also has hidden three Star Wars ardcade games ..how cool is that).. Animal Crossing on the Gamecube as well is really cool as well as you can actually buy and play NES games in it :D ... recently bough Wario Woods and had quite a lot of fun with it..although not developer Treasures usual level of excellence.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:48 am

Picked up 007: Nightfire in a charity shop yesterday for £!.99

Lol couldn't resist it. I'm not a FPS fan by any means and I like James Bond even less, but it was the only GC game in a sea of PS2 titles and I couldn't just abandon it :D

Ironically, it's the only GC title I have after selling all my excess retro gear before xmas to Chillout Games . com

(kept all my machines, tho!)
Thoughts and prayers.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Just bought R:Racing Evolution for my dusty old GC from Amazon.

What other non cartoony racing option is there for the Cube? I remember putting a lot of time into Auto Modellista (with Freeloader) and the atrocious World Racing, but I don't remember any other decent, serious, racers.
Thoughts and prayers.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:38 am

rossi46 wrote:Just bought R:Racing Evolution for my dusty old GC from Amazon.

What other non cartoony racing option is there for the Cube? I remember putting a lot of time into Auto Modellista (with Freeloader) and the atrocious World Racing, but I don't remember any other decent, serious, racers.

There's not a huge amount of racers on the cube, unfortunately. A very underused genre on the machine, for some reason. Your options are fairly limited. There's all the Need For Speed games, Burnout 1 and 2, Driven, Dakar 2, Smuggler's Run (not strictly a racer....but great fun, especially the tag levels, same with Wreckless), ATV, and a few bike games like Jeremy McGrath. Assuming you've discounted the futuristic stuff like f-zero, XGRA etc?
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:13 am

Well I kind of was thinking more of the track-based racers like R:Racing, but it looks like I'll have to widen my opinions. :)
Thoughts and prayers.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:32 am

Well, track based I can only think of speed challenge: Jacques villeneuve racing vision.....

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:37 am

F1 and V-Rally 3 will be hunted-down too :)
Thoughts and prayers.

Ryan_McN

Post by Ryan_McN » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:40 am

Has to be Eternal Darkness.

Had loads of fun with WWE Day of Reckoning 2 also