Street fighter X Tekken not dead yet,

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mighty_Zol

Re: Street fighter X Tekken

Post by Mighty_Zol » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:21 am

I've just forked out on the pre-order, having decided against bothering with Soul Calibur. It's going to be my first buy of the SFIV generation of games, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm a bit disappointed that Cody and Guy aren't part of the initial roster, but they're strongly tipped to be DLC, so I guess Capcom will get to squeeze a few more quid out of me later on.
DPrinny wrote: PacMan seems really really happy.
Its all that plastic surgery and face lifts over the years. He now can no longer not smile
It could be that, I'd have put it down to the number of pills he's popped over the last 30+ years - his brain must be completely fried.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 am

Ill give it a rent for Computer Club

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:49 am

Mighty_Zol wrote:I'm a bit disappointed that Cody and Guy aren't part of the initial roster, but they're strongly tipped to be DLC, so I guess Capcom will get to squeeze a few more quid out of me later on.
I have no problem with buying DLC characters down the line, it just seems strange that it's these particular two. It's the two I really want to play so I'll be buying them as soon as they are available.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:11 am

I'm gutted that Cody is most likely DLC as well, he was one of my mains in Super so I'll have to get him when he is released. I quite like the Special Edition for this game, the money box especially. Hopefully it won't look as cheap as the SFIV Special Edition I was suckered into getting :evil:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Joey wrote:
Mighty_Zol wrote:I'm a bit disappointed that Cody and Guy aren't part of the initial roster, but they're strongly tipped to be DLC, so I guess Capcom will get to squeeze a few more quid out of me later on.
I have no problem with buying DLC characters down the line, it just seems strange that it's these particular two. It's the two I really want to play so I'll be buying them as soon as they are available.
Well it'll be some sort of Final Fight-themed DLC pack I imagine. Maybe they'll include Haggar? Or do some more themed packs? You can bet that there will have to be at least 2 DLC Tekken characters too in order to even things out.

Tempted by the special edition, just not sure yet...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Character DLC.

Guess its time for that image again

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:18 am

Joey wrote:
Capcom are relying on there being many more people like you out there. It's why they do what they do. :P

Personally I'm against their current sharp practises so I won't be buying anything from them for a long time. The game sure does look cool though. :D
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Upcoming DLC or just Vita exclusive characters?:
http://andriasang.com/con01l/vita_sf_x_ ... um=twitter

Kind of gutted that the Vita version won't launch alongside the console versions but at least it'll have more characters I actually want in the game (especially Cody, Lei, Blanka, Brian and Dudley).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shiva

Post by Shiva » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:17 pm

The vita version is sounding alot better then the original, only bad thing is nobody will play it over here.
Though it wont be out at the same time as the original will it not? already classing it as a super hyper turbo remix edition.
That glorious b*stard before Mr X.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Shiva wrote:The vita version is sounding alot better then the original, only bad thing is nobody will play it over here.
Though it wont be out at the same time as the original will it not? already classing it as a super hyper turbo remix edition.
Vita version is due out later this year while the console one is out in a couple of weeks. As long as capcom doesn't go down the ultimate mvc3 route and release an update less than a ear after the initial version I don't mind.

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:32 am

Freestyler wrote: Capcom are relying on there being many more people like you out there. It's why they do what they do. :P

Personally I'm against their current sharp practises so I won't be buying anything from them for a long time. The game sure does look cool though. :D
I bought SSFIV on release for it's RRP of £29.99, add in an extra £10 for the Arcade Edition DLC, plus the free ver.2012 update and I've got everything SF4 has to offer for the cost of a normal full price game. That's good VFM for a game I've been playing for nearly 2 years.

Misery

Post by Misery » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:07 am

DPrinny wrote:Character DLC.

Guess its time for that image again
Well, I dont have any real interest in this game to be honest... if it plays like SF4 like it looks like it will, it'll bore me to tears...

....but I am glad I randomly clicked on this topic ANYWAY, as this image amuses me.

I'm saving that. It'll be getting *alot* of use.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:42 am

Reading the more recent previews the game sounds like its a mix of SFIV and Marvel. Its got the looks and control setup of SFIV but you can now do easier magic series combo's like Marvel or Vampire Saviour.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 pm

I read on The Fighters Generation that the Vita exclusive characters will hit PS3/360 via DLC at some point. There's no source given for that information but this is Capcom so it will happen.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Megamixer wrote:I read on The Fighters Generation that the Vita exclusive characters will hit PS3/360 via DLC at some point. There's no source given for that information but this is Capcom so it will happen.
I can't imagine Toro the cat will hit the 360 as he's a Japanese Playstation mascot...I think?