Street fighter X Tekken not dead yet,

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Joey

Re: Street fighter X Tekken

Post by Joey » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:06 pm

Very happy that Guy is included in the line up :D

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:34 pm

All i need now is Bison to be confirmed then I'll be happy!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:40 pm

SpiffierRabbit wrote:All i need now is Bison to be confirmed then I'll be happy!

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:26 pm

^^ :lol: :lol:
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:43 pm

SpiffierRabbit wrote:All i need now is Bison to be confirmed then I'll be happy!
Unless Capcom throws a curveball and announces Gill or Seth as the villain of the game I'd say Bison being included in the game is all but certain :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:07 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Unless Capcom throws a curveball and announces Gill or Seth as the villain of the game I'd say Bison being included in the game is all but certain :mrgreen:
Please not Seth. Such a boring looking and cheap boss. I hope they do multiple bosses (1 from each universe) and possibly some secret ones like in CvSNK2.

Most likely it'll be a tag team consisting of a SF and a Tekken boss. From the Tekken side I'd say perhaps Heihachi (hasn't been seen yet) or Jinpachi. Maybe the Tekken 6 boss. The only others to choose from would be Devil or Ogre but I can't see it myself.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Lets not forget Capcom vs SNKs bizarre team up of Geese and Bison

God like guy that can control peoples minds.(In the anime) and a guy with serious problems and silly pants with kick arse stage music.

Reglan

Post by Reglan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 pm

DPrinny wrote:
That's nice and all, but it's incomplete because there are no flames in the background. :D

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:55 am

Megamixer wrote: Please not Seth. Such a boring looking and cheap boss. I hope they do multiple bosses (1 from each universe) and possibly some secret ones like in CvSNK2.

Most likely it'll be a tag team consisting of a SF and a Tekken boss. From the Tekken side I'd say perhaps Heihachi (hasn't been seen yet) or Jinpachi. Maybe the Tekken 6 boss. The only others to choose from would be Devil or Ogre but I can't see it myself.
One boss from each universe is a given in my opinion, like you say Heihachi seems like the safe bet (along with Bison) with probably Devil and Oni as secret bosses? Either that or they choose multiple bosses in a similar way to KOF UM 2K2 and depending on your performance throughout arcade mode you get different final opponents? I wouldn't mind seeing that :D

Also in semi related (Tekken) news the CGI movie of Tekken will include a special demo of Tekken Tag 2 along with the remastered version of the original TTT (both for PS3):
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/07/24/ ... -prologue/

I'm not really all that interested in the CGI movie at the mo (most video game tie in series/movies have been pretty awful in my opinion) but I will be grabbing this for the "bonus" content :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:30 pm

ShadowMan wrote: I'm not really all that interested in the CGI movie at the mo (most video game tie in series/movies have been pretty awful in my opinion) but I will be grabbing this for the "bonus" content :mrgreen:
I agree, it more like Tekken Tag 2 demo - comes with free movie :wink:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Joey wrote:
ShadowMan wrote: I'm not really all that interested in the CGI movie at the mo (most video game tie in series/movies have been pretty awful in my opinion) but I will be grabbing this for the "bonus" content :mrgreen:
I agree, it more like Tekken Tag 2 demo - comes with free movie :wink:
I was under the impression it was a full movie. CGI movie plus HD version of Tekken Tag = awesome. I doubt they could have sold the movie on it's own (unless it was a sh1tty live-action thing...oh wait, that happened!) and likewise for TTT so putting them together is a good move.

I reckon the movie will be okay. It's by Namco themselves and will obviously be 100% faithful/authentic to the games unlike the recent live-action travesty.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Mighty_Zol

Post by Mighty_Zol » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:43 am

It's looking very encouraging for Final Fight fans - a 2 minute trailer featuring Poison, Hugo, Cody, Guy and a glimpse of Haggar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esnX9WUdUBo

I think that so far only Poison is definitely confirmed as a playable character, but it seems likely that she'll be partnered with Hugo. Cody and Guy appear in the trailer as a tag duo, and I'd say they were quite likely. Not sure about Haggar's chances, he's already in MvC3. But with King and Marduk as Tekken's wrestlers, I guess there will be 2 grapplers from SF (from Hugo, Zangief, R.Mika, Alex and Haggar). Still most of my Tekken and SF favorites are already in.

As someone who's a fan of Final Fight, Street Fighter (although I never win) and Tekken, who had a weird early teenage videogame crush on Poison, I'm giddily excited about this game, and its still at least 6 months away.

Gamespot has 3 gameplay videos showing Poison in action, I only found them on gamespot so they're ad-tastic, sorry about that.
http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/632 ... ay-movie-1
http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/632 ... ay-movie-2
http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/632 ... ay-movie-3

The riding whip seems to feature heavily in her moveset in the videos. I always thought that weapons dont really belong in these games, but I suppose it fits in with her somewhat kinky style. She seems to have a projectile attack and some aerial kicks at the moment. In terms of playing style she actually reminds me little bit of Guile, who's always been a favorite of mine.

I have to admit that Poison still looks very, very sexy, but there's still that certain something that makes me wonder. Capcom isn't saying but seems to be tipping a wink on the character's bio - 'She may look like a finely curved woman, but looks can be deceiving!' (http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk_en/ch_poi ... #main_menu). Personally I hope they let the joke run, by leaving the whole ridiculous gender question ambiguous - after 20+ years it's part of the lore of the character.

Edit:
ShadowMan wrote:Another new trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUhTVT-T ... r_embedded
Very Final Fight centric, I'm hoping all the characters shown in the trailer are confirmed for the game (and hell, if true then Capcom can milk SSFIV AE Final Fight Edition as well :lol: ).
Oops, didnt notice you'd already linked the trailer. I'm still hoping Capcom can go on to do a proper Final Fight remake...

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:03 am

I saw a theory on another message board regarding the newest trailer which made sense to me - when Poison & Hugo and Guy & Cody all show up you see the big flashy "New Challenger" sign which might be insinuating that they will all be playable in the game while Haggar didn't which means he may not be playable (a shame as I'd love to see him fully cross over into a SF game finally).

Looking at the gameplay trailers I am starting to warm more to the graphical style that is used in the game. It took me a while to warm to SFIV's as well but after seeing a few trailers of the gameplay its looking nicer all the time.

I still can't wait to see what Namco do with their version of the game. Since they are still working on TTT2 (and SC5?) I'm guessing it'll be a while before we see anything from them about TXSF.

Mighty_Zol

Post by Mighty_Zol » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:47 am

ShadowMan wrote:I saw a theory on another message board regarding the newest trailer which made sense to me - when Poison & Hugo and Guy & Cody all show up you see the big flashy "New Challenger" sign which might be insinuating that they will all be playable in the game while Haggar didn't which means he may not be playable (a shame as I'd love to see him fully cross over into a SF game finally).

Looking at the gameplay trailers I am starting to warm more to the graphical style that is used in the game. It took me a while to warm to SFIV's as well but after seeing a few trailers of the gameplay its looking nicer all the time.

I still can't wait to see what Namco do with their version of the game. Since they are still working on TTT2 (and SC5?) I'm guessing it'll be a while before we see anything from them about TXSF.
I see what you mean about the 'New Challenger' sign, I'm not sure if one should read too much into it - I think it's just more artistic - the sign got destroyed in the previous fight and is just laying in tatters on the ground like the old 'new challengers'. Doesn't mean I don't have my fingers crossed though.

I'm loving the graphical style that Capcom have introduced in SF4, IMO it was time to change- they have always done beautiful spritework, but I just felt like it's been hindering their ability to innovate. It's really cool to see their interpretation of the Tekken characters as well.

Normally I'd be even more interested in Namco's Tekken x Street Fighter, since I play a lot more Tekken than SF (and therefore don't completely suck at it) But the roster so far (high hopes for Guy & Cody) and the chance to see my Tekken faves in a different style will probably make this too good to pass up. And as you say, with all the other Namco fighters in the pipeline, I don't see TxSF coming until 2013 so I might just get both!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:32 am

Good points, since it looks like they are leaking the roster in drips and drabs I'm guessing we'll be seeing 1 or 2 characters announced every month or so for a while yet anyway. I'm quite interested to see how many characters are included in the final game (hoping for a nice large number :D ).

I do remember reading a while back that the plan was for the Namco version to be released "later" as to avoid clashing with the Capcom version. 2013 sounds about right in my opinion, just seems so far away :(