Street fighter X Tekken not dead yet,

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Street fighter X Tekken not dead yet,

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:26 pm

http://kotaku.com/5595524/street-fighte ... -crossover

Meh!
They are two different styles of beat-em-up
Id rather of seen the Namco one
Last edited by DPrinny on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

ShadowMan

Re: Street fighter X Tekken

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm still interested just how the Tekken characters will be implemented into the game. I'm liking the fact that its Tag Team though.

Its going to get so confusing since it seems Namco is putting out Tekken X SF as well which will play like a Tekken game. Can't believe the rumours were actually true on these. I wonder if each will have different character rosters or if they will share the same roster and its just the fighting mechanics which will change.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

NonShinyGoose

Post by NonShinyGoose » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:04 pm

If I read the internet correctly, two games X were announced today:

Namco are doing Tekken X Street Fighter- it'll be full 3D environments, and not on a 2D plain like SF IV.
Capcom are doing Street Fighter X Tekken, which will play like SF IV on a set plain.

Oh, and the X is "pronounced" cross.
Gaming Gibberish - http://www.gamesasylum.com
Follow us on TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gamesasylum

360 Gamer Tag: NonShinyGoose

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Cant see this working, tekken vs virtua fighter would have been better.

dste

Post by dste » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:23 pm

You can see a load of screenshots over at IGN.

http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/081/0 ... mgs_1.html
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:Cant see this working, tekken vs virtua fighter would have been better.
Don't worry there are 2 games.
Street Fighter X Tekken plays like Street Fighter while Tekken X Street Fighter plays like tekken.

It sounds good now but wait until the release when people start buying the wrong games.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:44 pm

In typical Capcom fashion we see them milking their new game engine for everything it's worth. Can't see this working too well, I don't really like Tekken much so I'm not too interested.

Virtua Fighter vs Tekken would certainly have been interesting though.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Was this THE BIG annoucement various sites were getting all moist about? If so...Colour me bored to tears. :roll: That`s it? that`s the thing that Capcom had, ready to blow us away?-Cue the big bad wolf-3 little pigs syndrome.Sorry Capcom, but IF that`s your idea of blowing me away (I.E using existing game engine to milk 2 franchises even more) then may i suggest A-A little more lead in yer pencil and B-Have you smelt said milk? My gaming nose crinkling up here, somethings going sour, think it`s your creativity.Hard to believe the capcom of late is the same one of a few years ago.....

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:52 am

Gee, people sure are quick to badmouth Capcom :roll: After how well SFIV and SSFIV played I'm glad they are making more fighting games with its engine. Its not as if a Street Fighter/Tekken crossover game has ever happened before and I personally see it as huge news (2 of the biggest fighting franchises crossing over for the biggest time).

As for the whole 3rd Strike Online release - loads of people were begging for it to be ported to current gen systems and now they are doing just that and now people are having a go at Capcom for giving fans what they want :lol: Some people are never pleased...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Joey

Post by Joey » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:45 am

ShadowMan wrote: :lol: Some people are never pleased...
I agree...

Marvel vs Capcom 3
SF X Tekken
Tekken X SF
SF: Third Strike

I think were being spoilt next year.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:52 am

I used to like fighters, but I've become bored of them. I mean, yeah, it's great that Tekken and SF are going head to head (so to speak), but I'm finding it really hard to get excited about it. At the end of the day, it's just another 1v1 fighter (with a tag element) that we've seen many times before. If people want it, fair play, but I can't see the big hoo haa..
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

killbot

Post by killbot » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:11 am

SF and Tekken are the two most different beat 'em ups I can concieve of in terms of play mechanics. It's just not going to work, is it?

Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter, as others have pointed out, would be a much better fit.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:17 am

I'll probably buy them Fighting games have a weird grip on me. Im not the biggest fan but I buy lots of them. Like when Tekken 6 was released I wasn't that fussed with it but still got it as soon as it hit the shops.

Dam

Post by Dam » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:15 am

This looks cool. It'd better have Juri in it though....and Third Strike for online play too....awesome!

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:16 am

ShadowMan wrote:Gee, people sure are quick to badmouth Capcom :roll: After how well SFIV and SSFIV played I'm glad they are making more fighting games with its engine. Its not as if a Street Fighter/Tekken crossover game has ever happened before and I personally see it as huge news (2 of the biggest fighting franchises crossing over for the biggest time).

As for the whole 3rd Strike Online release - loads of people were begging for it to be ported to current gen systems and now they are doing just that and now people are having a go at Capcom for giving fans what they want :lol: Some people are never pleased...
No, it's not that I'm quick to badmouth Capcom. I like them as a company but they milk their franchises far, FAR too much, they always have done and they just bore me after a while, it's the recipe that makes for jaded gamers. I mean how many fighters do we need? Street Fighter 4 is a marvellous game, as is it's sequel SSF4 and to master these games it will take ages. All this news does for me is take the shine out of this masterpiece.

Why not create a new franchise? how about a sequel to Darkstalkers (even though I'm not a fan) or how about Red Earth 2? For me SF X Tekken sounds so boring and uninspired, and as killbot says they are like chalk and cheese as they play sooo differently. How are they going to marry them together to create a balanced game?

For the record I wasn't one of the people begging for 3rd Strike to come out on this generations consoles. If you think this is the huge news then good for you, but please try to realise that not everyone shares the same tastes or viewpoints as yourself.