What was the very first console you had?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:36 am

Me wifey and daughter did a 24 sesh on The Simpsons Road Rage when it first came out. Can't imagine my parents ever doing that!!
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:53 am

Err...Playstation.

I was a home computer buff (consoles? Can you play F-19 Stealth Fighter or Eye of the Beholder on them? No? Not interested.) until The Man sucked me in with Tomb Raider 2 and Final Fantasy VII.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

Utini

Re:

Post by Utini » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:54 am

Randall Flagg wrote:Embarrassed as I am, my first console was a Playstation as up until I owned a console, i always thought that having a computer added an extra dimension to a machine that just played games. I have since learned that being able to program in basic on a bbc is vastly overrated!!!!!
LOL! I'm sure most people try to justify the cost of gaming pc's by stating how much more they're capable of... sure, they're capable of it, but are they put to it... are they heck :)
Hey, Sweden!
They're not Swedish Mac, they're Norwegian!

Randall Flagg

Re:

Post by Randall Flagg » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:54 am

revgiblet wrote:Err...Playstation.

I was a home computer buff (consoles? Can you play F-19 Stealth Fighter or Eye of the Beholder on them? No? Not interested.) until The Man sucked me in with Tomb Raider 2 and Final Fantasy VII.
A man sucked your what??
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:56 am

Randall Flagg wrote:
revgiblet wrote:Err...Playstation.

A man sucked your what??
:cry:
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:58 am

Don't get upset....i take it back.

I always defend PSOne against anyone how claims it was a crap machine on the strength of Tomb Raider and TR2
Retrotechy.

thl

Post by thl » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:07 pm

I don't see anything wrong with the PSOne at all. I still think it's yet another top selling console to date during the mid 90s. :)

Ghostbiscuit

Post by Ghostbiscuit » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:15 pm

SNES. It was my brother's and he sold it one day leaving me with a pile of games and nothing to play them on. I sold them in order to buy a Playstation. :cry:

circus_of_horrors

Post by circus_of_horrors » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:41 pm

I consider my first console the SNES, I had many before that including a bright orange binatone thing and the atari 2600... but the snes was the first console that I can really remember buying the games for with my own hard earned cash.

thl

Post by thl » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:14 pm

For me the SNES is my favourite game console ahead of the Master System. This had become an instant success of the early 90s, especially during our generation. :D

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:38 pm

My 1st console was a Megadrive.

My 1st computer was a Vic 20.

Although I did have plenty of Game and Watchs' DK, DK2, Boxing and Galaxy Twinvader.

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:46 pm

Randall Flagg wrote:cool parents. I think I got my parents to play on one of my Game and Watches once. As far as they were concerned Computers were an educational tool and consoles were a waste of money.
I once went to work on a late shift at about 1 o'clock and left my mum playing Sim City. When I returned at about 11 o'clock she was still on the same game and had built a bigger city than mine :shock: She even missed Coronation Street to carry on playing!!!

thl

Post by thl » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:50 pm

First computer that I had was the Commodore Amiga 1200.

Randall Flagg

Re:

Post by Randall Flagg » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:23 pm

SirClive wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:cool parents. I think I got my parents to play on one of my Game and Watches once. As far as they were concerned Computers were an educational tool and consoles were a waste of money.
I once went to work on a late shift at about 1 o'clock and left my mum playing Sim City. When I returned at about 11 o'clock she was still on the same game and had built a bigger city than mine :shock: She even missed Coronation Street to carry on playing!!!
When I first played Dune 2000 Wifey (Then Girlfriend) took a huge interest (probably cos it involved telling people / objects what to do). At 2am I was very drunk and went to bed with gf promising me she was 5 mins behind me and she was still playing when I got up at 7, and she still hadn't finished the same map!!??
Retrotechy.

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:44 pm

First computer was zx80 with that fantastic 1k of memory! I loved spectral invaders.

First games machine Binatone - just got another one, truely retro.
"You're all going to die." MK3 promo posters