New Game Pitches

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Opa-Opa

Re:

Post by Opa-Opa » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:06 pm

SirClive wrote:I don't want to play a football fps, first person football has never worked.

Any one play Libero Grande?
Was that the Playstation game that let you be the goalkeeper..?

That game (lets make a soccer club) looks ok, a bit to "real" for my liking as I would really like to see it done in a Theme Park style but I'm still going to give it a go :)

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:49 pm

OK one for my fellow Aussies.

An NRL game where you play as the Ref, but you don't have a Labrador and cane, you listen to the linesmen and don't cross to the video ref every few minutes. :wink:
真・豪鬼

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:09 am

Opa-Opa wrote:
SirClive wrote:Any one play Libero Grande?
Was that the Playstation game that let you be the goalkeeper..?
It was a ps1 game but I don't recall you playing as the keeper. Just one player. It was more 1st person.

CrookedMouth

Post by CrookedMouth » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:23 am

My idea would take a licence of Highlander, but it might work on the Wii controller. Online beheading swordfighting game in first or third person in which there could "be only one". Maps of cities with lots of NPC's, you have to sense an immortals approach through force feedback. From each kill you get a little stronger. probably some balance issues, but would be cool.

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:41 am

CrookedMouth wrote:My idea would take a licence of Highlander, but it might work on the Wii controller. Online beheading swordfighting game in first or third person in which there could "be only one". Maps of cities with lots of NPC's, you have to sense an immortals approach through force feedback. From each kill you get a little stronger. probably some balance issues, but would be cool.
8) Nice 8)

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:20 am

Dudley wrote:Seriously, you know you don't like football so don't comment on football related posts. It's getting very dull.
Dull is when every game pitch is football based. It was intentional this time...
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:31 am

Then pitch something else?
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Tellah

Post by Tellah » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:17 am

I'm not really a fan of statistic / management sims. Quick burst action / minigames are my fav.

I always thought a game involving birds (flying kind) would be cool (bare with me)....

Right from collecting twigs for a nest as a sparrow in a back garden.... to a diving eagle looking to grab a jinking rabbit in it's talons in the desert. Tonnes of possibilities, but all with a similar mechanic.

It'd work kind of along the same lines as pilotwings (pure retro genius). Once levels are completed, you'd keep the animals in an aviary where you could check them out. I think that would be a pretty decent hook and keep people playing.

...Well I like the sound of it!

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:33 pm

Tellah wrote:I'm not really a fan of statistic / management sims. Quick burst action / minigames are my fav.

I always thought a game involving birds (flying kind) would be cool (bare with me)....

Right from collecting twigs for a nest as a sparrow in a back garden.... to a diving eagle looking to grab a jinking rabbit in it's talons in the desert. Tonnes of possibilities, but all with a similar mechanic.

It'd work kind of along the same lines as pilotwings (pure retro genius). Once levels are completed, you'd keep the animals in an aviary where you could check them out. I think that would be a pretty decent hook and keep people playing.

Wasn't there a Speccy game that let you do this?
Play as a rabbit or a bird or something?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Sureshot

Re:

Post by Sureshot » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:46 pm

SirClive wrote:I don't want to play a football fps, first person football has never worked.

Any one play Libero Grande?
There is a 3rd party football FPS that was made for the HL engine, called International Online Soccer. I didn't like it much, but some people seem to.

http://www.iosoccer.com/

Oh and Libero Grande was a bit crap :P

Sureshot

Re:

Post by Sureshot » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:49 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
Tellah wrote:I'm not really a fan of statistic / management sims. Quick burst action / minigames are my fav.

Bird Mother, C64.

http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=279

Shin_Gouki

Re:

Post by Shin_Gouki » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:38 pm

Sureshot wrote:
paranoid marvin wrote:

Bird Mother, C64.

http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=279
I'm glad you didn't say Potty Pigeon :wink:
真・豪鬼

Elgin_McQueen

Re:

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:40 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:

There was a pigeon game

As for not a fan of statistic/management games, how about this.

Champ Man type thing, but instead of watching the game play bars, you get a little Wario Ware type mini game to play for a couple of seconds, this would determine the score and off you go to the next match in the season.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:22 am

But then there would be no need for the management element because it would be all about how well you play the match.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:45 am

Yeah, but it maybe the better a team you have the longer the game lasts or something, I dunno, it would be better for those people who like ststistics but don't have time for that kind of thing.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.