New Game Pitches

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

New Game Pitches

Post by SirClive » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:00 am

This thread is for everyone to pitch their ideas for new games, hoping that some gaming mogul will see its potential and bring your idea to life.

My idea is for a football game where you play the referee. You start in lower leagues and have to work your way through the rankings until you finally get to ref the world cup. You have to keep up with play and make decisions, decide whether to overule the refs assistant etc.

I would buy it!

Antiriad2097

Re: New Game Pitches

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:21 am

SirClive wrote:This thread is for everyone to pitch their ideas for new games, hoping that some gaming mogul will see its potential and bring your idea to life.

My idea is for a football game where you play the referee. You start in lower leagues and have to work your way through the rankings until you finally get to ref the world cup. You have to keep up with play and make decisions, decide whether to overule the refs assistant etc.

I would buy it!
I've seen that pitch before. I can't for the life of me think why its not been picked up... ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Dudley

Re: New Game Pitches

Post by Dudley » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:35 am

SirClive wrote:This thread is for everyone to pitch their ideas for new games, hoping that some gaming mogul will see its potential and bring your idea to life.

I would buy it!
And only use 2 yellow cards per player.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:53 pm

Unless you get the limited Graham Poll edition.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:14 pm

Shouldnt that be 'unlimited' edition? :lol:
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:46 pm

I want a Sim football game where you can build the ground, buy the players and get them all fit etc, choose everything from the team strip to where to place the pie van in a SimGolf - Theme hospital/park style.

I also want to be able to take the team I made up through the divisions with a Sensible World of Soccer style game, earning more money as I go, buying in new players and upgrading my stadium..

Why has this game never been made, the more I think about it the more it has "best seller" writen all over it.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:58 pm

I want a game where you get to shut down football. For good. Start with sacking individual players (and slapping them round a bit for being posers), work up to closing the stadium and eventualy totsl global elimination of the game. The closing rounds delete your own, last remaining footie game in the world from your HD. And nobody is allowed to bring it up. Ever.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:16 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:I want a Sim football game where you can build the ground, buy the players and get them all fit etc, choose everything from the team strip to where to place the pie van in a SimGolf - Theme hospital/park style.

I also want to be able to take the team I made up through the divisions with a Sensible World of Soccer style game, earning more money as I go, buying in new players and upgrading my stadium..

Why has this game never been made, the more I think about it the more it has "best seller" writen all over it.
Errr...then you probably want the new Sega PS2 game that should be out any time soon. It goes by the wonderfully camp name of "Let's Create a Soccer Team" or something like that and - as far as I can tell - lets you do all that kind of stuff. Let me warn you, it's probably going to be hideously awful. I don't think it's going to be a best seller. It has something else written all over it...
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:35 pm

How about an fps along House of the Dead stylings with Zombies running amok, the main charcter wont be a scientist or soldier but a random guy who knows bum all about guns or technology , a majority of vehicles can be used, physics along the lines of hl2's source engine and of course a gripping plot that ties the character in with the story e.g decendent of some old worrior or somthing that dealt with a problem like that before. Oh and dont forget some nice looking girl that you win the love of or somthing when you finish the game

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:39 pm

Oh and another idea, a game version of Christine, true to the book not the film, some of the deaths would look pretty awesome and would be even more awesome if you could cause them yourself. I can just imagine now LeBay's rotting corpse face laughing from behind the wheel

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:02 pm

Sega2006 wrote:How about an fps along House of the Dead stylings with Zombies running amok, the main charcter wont be a scientist or soldier but a random guy who knows bum all about guns or technology , a majority of vehicles can be used, physics along the lines of hl2's source engine and of course a gripping plot that ties the character in with the story e.g decendent of some old worrior or somthing that dealt with a problem like that before. Oh and dont forget some nice looking girl that you win the love of or somthing when you finish the game
I was with you up until you said FPS :?

Opa-Opa wrote:
I want a Sim football game where you can build the ground, buy the players and get them all fit etc, choose everything from the team strip to where to place the pie van in a SimGolf - Theme hospital/park style.

I've heard you mention this before and I love the idea.

revgiblet wrote:
you probably want the new Sega PS2 game that should be out any time soon. It goes by the wonderfully camp name of "Let's Create a Soccer Team" or something like that
Gonna do a google and see if I can get some info.

EDIT: Its sounds pretty good to me. Cheap too.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... e&n=300703

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:07 pm

Fps's are pretty cool although there are like umptinebillion of them. If it has somthing like the source engine most of the world around you can be manipulated, with HL2 there was melon raging and it could be possible to play football aswell if that is your sort of thing

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:10 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:I want a game where you get to shut down football. For good. Start with sacking individual players (and slapping them round a bit for being posers), work up to closing the stadium and eventualy totsl global elimination of the game. The closing rounds delete your own, last remaining footie game in the world from your HD. And nobody is allowed to bring it up. Ever.
Then you'd just probably just find another kind of thread to constantly troll.

Seriously, you know you don't like football so don't comment on football related posts. It's getting very dull.
Last edited by Dudley on Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:12 pm

I don't want to play a football fps, first person football has never worked.

Any one play Libero Grande?

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:16 pm

SirClive wrote:I don't want to play a football fps, first person football has never worked.

Any one play Libero Grande?
I-Play was quite good on Amiga

I like the idea of playing as one player in a team,from a top-down view
Player Manager on the Amiga was BRILL for this

Only problem is that it was based on the Kick Off 1 engine
The team you chose had a direct visible impact on how they played
unlike virtually every game since
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"