C64 rare and valuable games

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26700
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: C64 rare and valuable games

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Because what I'd really want having spent £919 on a game is for it to be stuck in a jiffy bag with a stamp, not properly packaged in protective bubble wrap in a box with signed for and tracked delivery.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
AmidstStorm
Posts: 1694
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: C64 rare and valuable games

Post by AmidstStorm » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:23 pm

I'm sorry, what!? You got £919 for Gauntlet 3?

I'm going in the attic right now. That's a holiday right there.

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7557
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: C64 rare and valuable games

Post by Shinobi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:21 pm

dust wrote:
Shinobi wrote:And £4 postage 2nd class for something that costs what 70p to send 1st. This what I hate about ebayer sellers!
Sour grapes much? :roll:
define how?

besides somebody in Collegue lent me the C64 Gauntlet 3 and it wasn't great..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7557
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: C64 rare and valuable games

Post by Shinobi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Because what I'd really want having spent £919 on a game is for it to be stuck in a jiffy bag with a stamp, not properly packaged in protective bubble wrap in a box with signed for and tracked delivery.
£4 for standard 2nd class jiffy bag or not is overpriced, for something he knows to be rare he should be offering recorded!!

I could walk into any shop and get a box for free - Tell them I'm sending toys to Romanian children or poundland.. There's a woman Super Famicom games of and she charges £2 each and combines postages.. I won 5 games and she charged me £3 games really well packaged in bubblewrap and that spongy stuff in a box..

I also won Rushing Beat Shura seller charged me £4 - and 2nd class in a used Jiffy bag

Look at the amount of Ebay rants on here, didn't do recorded seller claims they never recieved it
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
dust
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:44 am

Re: C64 rare and valuable games

Post by dust » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:Because what I'd really want having spent £919 on a game is for it to be stuck in a jiffy bag with a stamp, not properly packaged in protective bubble wrap in a box with signed for and tracked delivery.
£4 for standard 2nd class jiffy bag or not is overpriced, for something he knows to be rare he should be offering recorded!!

Blah blah sour grapes whine whine etc. etc.
I'm sorry, who are you exactly and what's it to you how I conduct my Ebay affairs? Are you the buyer? No. Do you know what what arrangements I'm currently making with the buyer? No. Why not mind your own business then? :lol:

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26700
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: C64 rare and valuable games

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:49 am

£919 for a game and someone thinks the buyer will care about £4 postage. Because that's going to make a big difference to the overall cost.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests