Your rarity/price guide references

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Megamixer

Re: Your rarity/price guide references

Post by Megamixer » Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 pm

Maybe but I don't have a 360 and couldn't give a crap about HD. That's for another thread though - seem to be derailing this one a bit.

Yeah so ebay...a bit dodgy.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sun May 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Oh. Well, it is better. Basically the Dreamcast version with all the characters unlocked from the start.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun May 23, 2010 7:17 pm

Meh, I liked the shop system. Don't care anyway since I have no gripes with the PS2 version. I guess if online and HD mattered to me then I'd care but they don't. I still think the old sprites look lovely anyway :P
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sun May 23, 2010 7:19 pm

You're speaking as if I playing HD.

I've got a 29" Wei Ya chassis and Samsung tube in my Egret 3. Hardly HD. :D

tl;dr it looks the same
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Tue May 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Stuff is worth how much you're prepared to pay for it.

I don't care how much something is "worth" - its all about how much I'm prepared to pay for it.

Right now i'd pay a good forty quid for a sealed Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - hardly "worth" that though but I'd pay for it as I want it sealed. A sealed Spirit Tracks is worth that price, however I wouldn't buy it for that price as I simply don't want it right now.
Nintendo DS games: 41

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue May 25, 2010 1:08 pm

Mr Vengeance wrote:Stuff is worth how much you're prepared to pay for it.

I don't care how much something is "worth" - its all about how much I'm prepared to pay for it.

Right now i'd pay a good forty quid for a sealed Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - hardly "worth" that though but I'd pay for it as I want it sealed. A sealed Spirit Tracks is worth that price, however I wouldn't buy it for that price as I simply don't want it right now.
I've found that to be true with a lot of the bits I've picked up over the years for my collection, I picked up Rockman Dash 2 for the PC recently and I'm pretty sure that it cost me more than the going rate but as it was completely mint and only pops up once in a blue moon it was worth the extra cash just to get a copy for my collection.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Tue May 25, 2010 1:26 pm

ShadowMan wrote:

I've found that to be true with a lot of the bits I've picked up over the years for my collection, I picked up Rockman Dash 2 for the PC recently and I'm pretty sure that it cost me more than the going rate but as it was completely mint and only pops up once in a blue moon it was worth the extra cash just to get a copy for my collection.
Yeah exactly, you should be your own judge of how much something is worth, not relying on some list to tell you. As you suggest, the condition of an item can greatly affect the price of it. I've seen the common as muck Super Mario 64 go for over two hundred on eBay because it was sealed in perfect nick. What price guide would have eluded to that?

List of prices should only be used as a guideline for when you are selling something on eBay, to give you a rough idea how much you should be asking for an item. You shouldn't rely on them for anything more than that I believe.
Nintendo DS games: 41

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:51 pm

thats what i like to hear from people,none of this oh i want it but im not going to pay that price rubbish,i know some games can be rip off prices and it pays to shop around,but when comes to the high priced games,you just have to put your money where your mouth is..

Britpop95

Post by Britpop95 » Sun May 30, 2010 8:58 pm

Fred83 wrote:

thats what i like to hear from people,none of this oh i want it but im not going to pay that price rubbish,i know some games can be rip off prices and it pays to shop around,but when comes to the high priced games,you just have to put your money where your mouth is..
I agree to a point that a game is worth whatever you are prepared to pay but i'd rather not have to fork out over the odds for something which I know is 'worth' a lot less. With a guide at hand I could be more productive with the money i've saved and make other purchases towards the collection.

He say's, after recently spending $120 on Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake.

:arrow:
Into the Wonderful