Call of Duty Black Ops

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

HalcyonDaze00

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Teaser Trailer

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:33 am

Can't wait for this. Not bothered about the single player but the multiplayer looks excellent.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Checked out the latest MP Trailer and........Looks more like a MW2 MOD to me.Yeah the record video and remote control car stuff is new, but the rest of it? same old trade. I`m kinda done with all that-Bought Every COD game so far, plus exp.Pack for PC orig, Map packs for Modern warfare, but personally?want something different now.Having similar feelings with Halo:Reach.Far from wetting any part of my interest, the trailers are putting me off.I`m not willing to pay more money for old rope with new bells on the end. The map packs for existing games are over priced for what they are.Just how much more CAN be done with :Team death match, Free for all, capture the flag etc?-Sorry to be on a downer, but we are getting MORE games released, in ever more expensive S.E packs, with Tat galore, but just HOW much are the games REALLY improving?. :?

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:11 pm

thevulture wrote::? SR71 the plane featured in film 13 Days (All about Cuban Missile Crisis).If so, totally agree with Sexy wayne(Although in the film and real life? Russians take it out with a SAM).Think it`s only being included as A-They wanted something along lines of the AC-30 and B-Damn thing looks awesome.As for the Aurora?Supposed to be the thing being tested at Area 51 is`nt it?
Supposedly over a thousand missiles have been fired at SR-71s, none have been succesful, like I said, at nearly 2000 mph nothing is gonna catch it.

Yep the Aurora is being tested at Area 51

killbot

Post by killbot » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:I really want this game to sell badly, won't happen of course, sick of yearly updates of the same game. With so many great games released this year it's a little depressing this will probably be the best selling.
In fairness, at least the games aren't bad. It's not like the days when crap like Army Men regularly topped the charts. Yes, it would be nice to see some other games get a look in (the fact that games like Psychonauts and Little King's Story tank at retail is a tragedy), but if a big franchise has to dominate, I'd rather it be one that plays nicely and is well put together.

Besides, it's unlikely that CoD will be in this position of dominance for long - franchises which see a new game every year tend to run out of steam quite quickly (see: the Core developed Tomb Raider games). The reason why series like GTA, Zelda, Mario and Halo last is because there's only a new game every three or four years (although in Mario and Halo's case there are a lot of spin-offs).

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 pm

The only problem I have is that a lot of gamers will think this is all gaming is about. This and GTA obviously. :|
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

thl

Post by thl » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Another new trailer regarding the Wager Match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg_8mPoloBo

Plus an exclusive interview with the Treyarch staffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G94SolEtpnc

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Freestyler wrote:The only problem I have is that a lot of gamers will think this is all gaming is about. This and GTA obviously. :|
:wink: And Halo:Reach.Friends, work mates talking about nothing BUT...Reach and bloody Black Op`s.Other games avaiable people....

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:26 pm

thl wrote:Another new trailer regarding the Wager Match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg_8mPoloBo

Plus an exclusive interview with the Treyarch staffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G94SolEtpnc
That multiplayer looks absolutely sensational, so many modes and ways to customise your set-up. The more I see/read about the multiplayer the better it gets.

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Its a shame so many people put Treyarch down.

I enjoyed World at War a hell of a lot more than MW2.

bsg

Post by bsg » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:34 pm

Joey wrote:Its a shame so many people put Treyarch down.

I thought World at War was godawful... the single player campaign was a pain in the ass due to enemies apparently randomly respawning in the spot you killed them and as for the multiplayer!!! There were so many glitches it was a joke!!

Only played MW2 online once on my nephews ps3 and though it wasn't too bad, seemed very fluid and the maps look good...

Black ops is the _one_ purchase I will make on the day of release because it looks fantastic - might even go for the mega pack with the remote control car :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/bsg7 < my Youtube games review / collection channel

RetroMartin

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops

Post by RetroMartin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:47 pm

I think IW nailed the story with the MW series...but Treyarch make the more gritty and "realistic" game....but it looks like they're putting the two together with this and I think black ops may just trounce MW2 at the rate it's going what with recurring character Reznov (who was kick ass in WAW.) However MW2 will always have the fact it actually puts the Brits in the driving seat over the Americans for the most part which I like despite the fact it's an american studio!

PSN username - MartinPhantom

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:55 am

RetroMartin wrote:I think IW nailed the story with the MW series...but Treyarch make the more gritty and "realistic" game....but it looks like they're putting the two together with this and I think black ops may just trounce MW2 at the rate it's going what with recurring character Reznov (who was kick ass in WAW.) However MW2 will always have the fact it actually puts the Brits in the driving seat over the Americans for the most part which I like despite the fact it's an american studio!
Gary Oldman has again signed up to voice Reznoz, with Ed Harris doing the voice for CIA operative Jason Hudson.

David Goyer (Batman Returns & The Dark Knight) is supposed to be doing to script. Should be good but it's still the multiplayer I am most interested in.

thl

Post by thl » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:59 am

The achievements/trophies is now available:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/30/call- ... ements-tr/

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:04 am

Joey wrote:Its a shame so many people put Treyarch down.

Never played World At War, but I lost confidence in Treyarch after playing Quantam Of Solace on the 360.

It's not an awful game, but it never really gets above 'decidedly average' and isn't even a patch on many other FPS games I've played, never mind Modern Warfare. I did try my best to love that game too, I'm a massive Bond fan. :cry:
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

James A

Post by James A » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:34 am

If Treyarch take the single player steps that Infinity Ward did i.e No infinite spawning enemies, no grenade showers evey time you stand still then the single players got potential. Online though i have my doubts after how glitchy WOW was. I also get the feeling that the DLC is going to be flogged to death on this one as well.

Personally im not getting this on release unlike the other CODs. Will wait a couple of weeks to see if it is any good.

Anyone know or reckon if the WOW map packs will come down in price when this is released. Wouldn't mind playing a bit more zombie Nazis