Call of Duty Black Ops

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

thl

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Teaser Trailer

Post by thl » Mon May 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Here's another video clip as the world premiere trailer is ready for tomorrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcX7WJGRZYs

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:57 pm

I enjoyed World At Wars single-player campaign over Modern Warfare 2's, so i'm a fan of treyach.....but i'm still dissapointed that they didnt go with the Vietnam setting that was rumoured in January.

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Wed May 19, 2010 4:10 am

thl

Post by thl » Wed May 19, 2010 9:37 am

SpiffierRabbit wrote:Latest Trailer here...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut ... -of/100352
It's also available on this link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cfelPeZ8Y1Y

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Wed May 19, 2010 8:16 pm

It annoys me that actual facts have been completely ignored, the SR71 Blackbird has no real time data feed so guiding troops etc... is impossible, the SR71 has to complete it's mission and land before the data/photos etc can be collected/analysed. even in 1993 when the SR71 was recomissioned these flaws held it back, basically it took too long to prep the plane for flight and then retrieve the data back after the mission was completed, in 1998 all Blackbirds were permanently grounded and no real replacement spy plane has been made since (there are rumours of a spy plane called the Aurora capable of mach 6 being in production), spy satelittes have taken over although they also come with flaws due to them being dependant on orbit and taking too long to reach their targets.

It also wouldn't surprise me if in the game the planes are also armed, the Blackbird never carried any weapons... it didn't need to, even if a missile was fired at it, the countermeasure was to simply accelerate, at mach 3 nothing is gonna catch it :lol:

Yep, I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to aircraft :oops:

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Thu May 20, 2010 4:36 am

SexyWayne wrote:Yep, I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to aircraft :oops:

No, you're not. You're just interested in what you're interested in! :lol:

To be honest you've actually highlighted a pet peeve of mine with Videogames in general. Some of them just don't make any real sense.

How are you supposed to justify to a non-gamer that shooting an oil barrel drops a Med-Kit? Or that you can "only" carry 2 guns, but can't drop one of them to make more room in your inventory for more ammunition for the first gun? Or that you have a giant Rocket Launcher, but you can't go through the (presumably easily-destroyable-by-rocket-fire) wooden door until you find a RED key for the RED lock? And why is that key located on the other side of the map? And if the area is supposed to be secured, why is that key in plain sight on a pedestal?

In your example (with the Blackbird) what if you know the capabilities of the machines, yet you're supposed to "forget" all about them; all the while being told that the game you're playing "Is the most realistic yet!" Nobody (who knows anything about Cars) is going to believe that you can fit a Ferrari F500 engine into a Mini Cooper, so including it as a feature in a "Realistic" Driving Simulator would be bewildering.

It's not about willing suspension of disbelief; it's about so-called Historically or Technically-Accurate games being actually, you know, accurate.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Thu May 20, 2010 6:16 am

Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy the game and more than likely enjoy it, but like you said it's a pet peeve and it will be there in the back of my mind that the facts are wrong..

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:41 pm

New gameplay footage. Looks pretty cool to me. WANT!

All i'll say is... "Get to the choppa!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4A9BuZW ... embedded#!

thl

Post by thl » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:45 am

The multiplayer trailer is now available:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fsM6LBi54

Also the Prestige Edition has been confirmed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MjcEeTmEys

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 am

imaxeroker85 wrote:I enjoyed World At Wars single-player campaign over Modern Warfare 2's, so i'm a fan of treyach.....but i'm still dissapointed that they didnt go with the Vietnam setting that was rumoured in January.
Seen the Battlefield Bad Company 2:Vietnam trailer? Colour me interested in that!

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:47 am

:? SR71 the plane featured in film 13 Days (All about Cuban Missile Crisis).If so, totally agree with Sexy wayne(Although in the film and real life? Russians take it out with a SAM).Think it`s only being included as A-They wanted something along lines of the AC-30 and B-Damn thing looks awesome.As for the Aurora?Supposed to be the thing being tested at Area 51 is`nt it?

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:09 am

Space_turnip wrote:Naah...Although the IW games are known for the shower of grenades you get attacked by, the Treyarch games did it much worse. The first 2 consoles games were pretty poor when compared to the PC games (not including COD 2 on the 360, natch), and COD 3 did the same. And don't even get me started on World at War.
I have CoD 1 and 2 for the Gamecube and the console version of CoD 2 is actually very good. I really enjoyed it. CoD 1 on the other hand is a bug-riddled, unplayable mess. I keep thinking I should pick up the newer games on the Wii but can never seem to be bothered.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Britpop95

Post by Britpop95 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:22 pm

I thought the game looked pretty average when I saw the first single-player trailer - *yawn* just another CoD FPS - but after seeing the multiplayer trailer i'm quite looking forward to it.

Not quite sure what I make of that mini remote controlled car perk but I do think the ability to record clips (Halo 3) will be a refreshing addition to the 'franchise'.
Into the Wonderful

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:44 pm

thl wrote:The multiplayer trailer is now available:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fsM6LBi54

Also the Prestige Edition has been confirmed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MjcEeTmEys
I absolutely LOVE how an already expensive game (£49.99 on websites) is already commanding a whopping £129.99 for the "Prestige" version. What a censored rip-off! :shock: :shock:

If that's eighty quid worth of remote control car then I'm Basil Fawlty. :roll:

No doubt people will be queueing up around the block to buy it though. Ho-hum.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:36 am

I really want this game to sell badly, won't happen of course, sick of yearly updates of the same game. With so many great games released this year it's a little depressing this will probably be the best selling.