Post your Android games here?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

rainbird rich

Post your Android games here?

Post by rainbird rich » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:48 am

Recently got an Android 1.5 phone (G2 Touch aka HTC Hero) and have a handful of games for it so far.

Anyone know of any really good ones worth mentioning here?

There was a pretty descent version of Vexed (old Palm OS game) called 'Vexed Free' but it seems to have vanished off the Android market recently. Dexev is a pretty good alternative.

Paper Toss is okay for a while but is a bit too simplistic and gets easy to play after a bit of practice.

Andoku is a nice Soduku variant.

I have a number of other traditional games like ConnectFour, Chess, Backgammon, MineSweeper, Reversi and Solitaire...

Any more?
Richard H.
http://www.birdsanctuary.co.uk
Memories of Telecomsoft

markopoloman

Re: Post your Android games here?

Post by markopoloman » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Have they got an iPhone emulator yet :?: :!: :wink:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

rainbird rich

Post by rainbird rich » Tue May 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Underwhelmed with the response so far! :cry: Are there no fellow Android users here in the RG forums?
Richard H.
http://www.birdsanctuary.co.uk
Memories of Telecomsoft

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:47 pm

The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue May 04, 2010 4:58 pm

markopoloman wrote:Have they got an iPhone emulator yet :?: :!: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Tue May 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Funny buggers you lot.

Anyway, try: (all free)

Bonsai Blast
Abduction
Raging Thunder Lite
Zombie Run
Labyrinth Lite
Robo Defense
Light Racer 3D Basic

There's a few emulators out there too as well as ScummVM

There's lots of android apps review sites out there too
HADDOCKEN!

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Fri May 27, 2011 4:33 am

I've just got hold of an LG phone running Android and I'm really pleased with it. If I get a tablet PC (something I wouldn't have even considered a month or so ago) it'll definitely be an Android. I find it ironic that while my recent installations of Ubuntu and openSuSE have made it seem as though Linux on the desktop has stood still since about 2003, Android looks and feels very much more up-to-date.

Game Dev Story is probably the best thing I've played on it so far. It's like a miniature "Theme Park/Hospital" game based on developing games and it's surprisingly addictive. Somehow I managed to spend a couple of hours on it last night. Although it's much more limited in scope than the Theme games it's well thought out and there are lots of nice in-jokes based on company and game names.

Fruit Ninja, Friction Mobile and Dillo Hills are very simple games but fun for a quick play. Fluffy Birds also is, but is a little disappointing because while it's a decent Chuzzle "clone" (i.e. more or less a straight copy) it only has three levels so it's really all about repeated plays and beating your high score - it doesn't have the variety of game styles that Chuzzle does. Fortunately Chuzzle is coming soon I think (it's already available in the US via Amazon's app store).

There are some other games like Majesty, Uniwar, Zenonia which look a bit more adventurous than the ones I've mentioned above, but I haven't tried them yet.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Fri May 27, 2011 4:40 am

Hyperspace is a nice little Trailblazeralike game (plus i know the guy who made it, so giving it a plug! :D)

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sat May 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Not sure if these run on an Android Phone but they certainly run like hot sex on my 10.2" 2.2 Android Tablet:

The Angry Birds games (Regular, Rio and Seasons)

Radiant Lite (superb touchscreen retro-style version of Space Invaders)

Bubble Blast 2 (sexy pop-the-bubbles puzzler)

Fruit Slice (wicked cool chop-em-up. Fast hands needed! :lol: )

Reversi Free (Dude, it's REVERSI! What more is there to say? The wife loves owning me on it. :( )

Duck Hunt. (Nintendo favourite, but sexier. As you finger the ducks instead of shooting your load into their mouth.)

Jewels. (It's Bejewelled. Almost as good as Popcaps' original.Pity it's not on Android yet (I think?))

All games are free. Put your wallet away. 8)

I've not long gotten my pad so I'm still collecting apps. There are some sweet ones like the Comic Book Reader that also downloads free comics (not pirate ones you tea-leaf!) and even fluff stuff for the kids like MagicMarker. An app that lets you draw with fluorescent neon markers all over everything. It's great in the dark to do fireworks! :lol:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sun May 29, 2011 4:25 am

Stupid Zombies has me addicted at the mo.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:38 am

Im addicted to Pumpkins vs Monsters at the moment.

sebadude

Post by sebadude » Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 am

Check out Gensoid Lite, a megadrive emulator! :)

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Thought I'd revive this thread as it needs more posts. I'm currently looking at an HTC desire or galaxy s2 phone and want to know what decent games are available.

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm surprised there isn't more Android interest.

Pool Break Pro has become my favourite way of killing a bit of time. The touchscreen controls work really well, although they'd be even better if you could deliver the cue manually instead of pulling back the cue a certain amount and pressing a "shoot" button. Zookeeper is a nice little match-3 game. I got hold of R-Type today. I was sceptical as to whether it would work with touchscreen controls but though it was worth a couple of quid just to try it (maybe there was a demo, but I didn't check). Anyway, it's not bad but it hasn't completely won me over.

Gameloft in particular are bringing some very professional looking stuff to the platform, most of it over from iOS by the looks of things. The titles of some of their games are barely-disguised combinations of other well known names, but the games themselves look to have some substance. I've been impressed by Sacred Odyssey (!) so far, it looks to be quite a decent Zelda-style RPG and it was only £3. Strangely enough I couldn't get it on my phone but it was available from Gameloft's website - I did wonder whether it wasn't compatible with my handset but the website asks you to put in the model first so you don't end up buying something you can't run. I've also got my eye on Gameloft's Final Fantasy clone Eternal Legacy and Starcraft clone Starfront: Collision, both of which have been well-received on iOS.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:09 am

Eternal legacy looks ok. Are there any retro games on android? I'd love some spectrum stuff. I suppose the variation in handsets make it a bit more like a PC to the iphones console.