The Xbox top 15

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
retrojc
Posts: 4267
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:41 am

The Xbox top 15

Post by retrojc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Hey guys,

As a few of you may know i run a really sh!t gaming site, where i try an write. Tonight or tomorrow i'd like to get this article done, although i'm not sure what order to put the games in...

this si the top 15, in my opinion.... although not in order...

Fable
Oblivion
Halo
Halo 2
Project Gotham racing
Steel Battalion
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Panzer Dragon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue 2
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Metal Slug 3
Beyond good and evil
House of the Dead 3
Ninja gaiden black

i'm not going to chnge the list, and so far i'll kick it off with

15- Metal Slug 3
14 - Ninja Gaiden Black
13 - House of the Dead 3




2- Halo Combat evolved
1 - Steel Battalion

soo, input/feedback?

speedlolita
Posts: 7056
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:46 am

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by speedlolita » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:30 pm

For Xbox:

5. Panzer Dragoon Orta
4. Jet Set Radio Future
3. Ninja Gaiden (not black)
2. Fable Lost Chapters
1. Halo

All I'd need. Evar.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by aztecca » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Most of them are in the top 20 xbox games but no way i would have Metal slug 3 in there or house of the dead 3.Oblivion was on the 360 too mate not the xbox you are prob thinking of Morrowind:elder scrolls I would definitely have Black,Kung fu chaos,Marvel vs Capcom 2,Sniper elite,battlefield 2:modern combat in my top 15 :D
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

User avatar
SpiffierRabbit
Posts: 2550
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: York

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:50 pm

retrojc wrote:Hey guys,

As a few of you may know i run a really sh!t gaming site, where i try an write. Tonight or tomorrow i'd like to get this article done, although i'm not sure what order to put the games in...

this si the top 15, in my opinion.... although not in order...

Fable
Oblivion
Halo
Halo 2
Project Gotham racing
Steel Battalion
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Panzer Dragon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue 2
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Metal Slug 3
Beyond good and evil
House of the Dead 3
Ninja gaiden black

i'm not going to chnge the list, and so far i'll kick it off with

15- Metal Slug 3
14 - Ninja Gaiden Black
13 - House of the Dead 3




2- Halo Combat evolved
1 - Steel Battalion

soo, input/feedback?
Oblivion????

User avatar
Roo
Posts: 2044
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:29 am

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by Roo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:51 pm

SpiffierRabbit wrote:
retrojc wrote:Hey guys,

As a few of you may know i run a really sh!t gaming site, where i try an write. Tonight or tomorrow i'd like to get this article done, although i'm not sure what order to put the games in...

this si the top 15, in my opinion.... although not in order...

Fable
Oblivion
Halo
Halo 2
Project Gotham racing
Steel Battalion
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Panzer Dragon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue 2
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Metal Slug 3
Beyond good and evil
House of the Dead 3
Ninja gaiden black

i'm not going to chnge the list, and so far i'll kick it off with

15- Metal Slug 3
14 - Ninja Gaiden Black
13 - House of the Dead 3




2- Halo Combat evolved
1 - Steel Battalion

soo, input/feedback?
Oblivion????
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, the finest game on any console it graced??
Image

User avatar
SpiffierRabbit
Posts: 2550
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: York

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:52 pm

My choices in no order are....

Ninja Gaiden Black
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic II
Doom 3
Half Life 2
Fable The Lost Chapters
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Halo
Halo 2
Project Gotham Racing 2
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Panzer Dragon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future
Black
Kung Fu Chaos

User avatar
SpiffierRabbit
Posts: 2550
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: York

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:53 pm

Also.....

Forza

User avatar
retrojc
Posts: 4267
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:41 am

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by retrojc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:18 pm

aztecca wrote:Most of them are in the top 20 xbox games but no way i would have Metal slug 3 in there or house of the dead 3.Oblivion was on the 360 too mate not the xbox you are prob thinking of Morrowind:elder scrolls I would definitely have Black,Kung fu chaos,Marvel vs Capcom 2,Sniper elite,battlefield 2:modern combat in my top 15 :D
yep, big confusing on my part there! lol I see wher you're comming from, but trying to get a variety of genre's in the top 15 lol

User avatar
stvd
Posts: 5137
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:51 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by stvd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:31 pm

I don't think it's necessary to number your top 15 games really.
They're so diverse (to a certain extent) that it doesn't serve any real purpose to say Halo is better than
PGR or Knights of the Old Republic or Jet Set Radio Future.
Image

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by SirClive » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Need Outrun 2 in there!
Image

User avatar
batman877
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:53 am
Location: Derbyshire

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by batman877 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:37 pm

Roo wrote: OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, the finest game on any console it graced??
I agree with SirClive, 'Out Run 2' (home conversion exclusive to XBOX) is the superior title.

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 27027
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:04 pm

I wouldn't have Halo, Fable or Shenmue 2 in the list at all.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
retrojc
Posts: 4267
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:41 am

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by retrojc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:18 pm

stvd wrote:I don't think it's necessary to number your top 15 games really.
They're so diverse (to a certain extent) that it doesn't serve any real purpose to say Halo is better than
PGR or Knights of the Old Republic or Jet Set Radio Future.
don't plan to number them now, its probably going to be somthing like "Xbox's best"

and outrun 2 has been noted ;)

User avatar
Tepid Snake
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: Southport. Staying a while... Staying forever!
Contact:

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by Tepid Snake » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:29 pm

If I was doing a list of the best games on a console, I'd probably pick games that only appeared on that system, or that at least appeared on that system first- so Shenmue II, Beyond Good and Evil, Metal Slug 3 and GTA San Andreas would be given the heave-ho. Not that those games are bad- not at all- they're just not very Xboxy, if that makes any sense.

About the only omission I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned is the excellent GunValkyrie by Sega- the controls are very tricky to get to grips with (you know those clicky buttons underneath the analogue sticks that hardly anyone uses except for crouching in third-person games? GunValkyrie will wear them out) but it's absolutely unique, very fun to play and Xbox exclusive. A lot of people tend to forget it exists, though.
Image
Updated 11/05/11 - P.O.W. - Prisoners of War
Image RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews & Community

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Re: The Xbox top 15

Post by SirClive » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:31 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:I wouldn't have Halo, Fable or Shenmue 2 in the list at all.
Stone the blasphemer!
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests