How many games can you have going at once?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

killbot

How many games can you have going at once?

Post by killbot » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:37 pm

I generally only play two or three games at a time, but for some reason at the mo I seem to have Resi 4, GoldenEye, Far Cry Vengeance, Zelda: LTTP, DQM Joker, Soul Bubbles and Tomb Raider: The Prophecy all going on at the same time.

How many games do you usually have on the go at any one time?
Last edited by killbot on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

gman72

Re: How many games can you have going at once?

Post by gman72 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:39 pm

usually at least two games, and sometimes up to five or six... works for me.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm always playing online, usually MW2 (but also stuff like VF) and like to balance it with something a lot more chilled out (and single player) to calm the nerves and reflexes, currently Fable 2 and before that was Monkey Island. Always had a game of Football Manager running on the PC but had to stop playing cos the time it eats is ridiculous.

Have other games backed uo to play but like to finish my single player chill out game, or at least play until im bored before moving onto the next one.

Although I do have spells where I will just play lots of random games........

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:50 pm

HAve a few multiplayer games on the go at all times (MW2 at the moment), and usually one PC strategy game (last one was Colonisation, but it's also usually Football manager). There's also usually one or two single player games on the go on the modern gen consoles and a pile of Retro stuff i'll play through. Also at least 3 handheld games at any one time - at the moment it's the iphone and the countless number of apps i've downloaded.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:57 pm

I tend to flit between games an awful lot. I think my attention span is considerably smaller than it was years ago.....so usually into double figures.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

dste

Post by dste » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Same as nokgod.

At the moment I have eight games going on the DS alone, on top of that three 360 games, god knows how many Cube games i've recently started and then some Wii games as well.

I just tend to start things, get to a certain point and then start something else, returning to the previous game(s) sometime later and more often then not completely forgetting where I am on them.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:13 pm

nokgod wrote:I tend to flit between games an awful lot. I think my attention span is considerably smaller than it was years ago.....so usually into double figures.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:16 pm

If I'm playing games properly (ie. aiming for completion) then 3 max, I find if I play anymore then I get distracted and don't spend enough time on any of them.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Usually an Adventure/RPG game and then one or two arcade style games.

At the moment it's Makai Kingdom with bits of Castlevania Judgement & Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles.

If I play anymore then I tend to forget what I was doing when I last played, then I don't bother playing again :oops:

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Currently:
BF:BC2
BF:1943
Trials HD
GOW 1 PS3
GOW PSP

Changes on a wheekly basis :)
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:24 pm

I have too many on the go and have resorted to just playing one at a time now.

The list was:

BFBC:2
Mass Effect 2
Borderlands
Perfect Dark

PS3
Motostorm: Pacific rift

PS2
Yakuza 2
Persona 4

PSP
Star Ocean 2
GoW: chains of Olympus
Prinny: can I really be a hero

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:28 pm

Now all I have is about 2 or 3 on the go at once. Any more than that and I don't have the time to play them all (and end up forgetting what the censored I'm supposed to be doing on one of them :? ) and so it gets shelved again.

I read a lot of books as well, so they tend to take up more actual time. :lol:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Usually it's one 'big' game such as a nice JRPG then some fighters on the side though I do get distracted by new games that I've bought. Currently it's...

Main Game:
Ar Tonelico 2 (PS2)

Distractions
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (Wii)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper (PS2)
Road Rash (3DO)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:16 pm

It's like books with me, I'd love to be able to have a couple on the go for variety, but I find I can't get involved properly unless I concentrate on just one. That said, I make exception depending on the type of game, e.g. I'll play Mortal Kombat II & Modern Warfare whilst also working through a plot driven game.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 pm

It always used to be one game at a time and I wouldn't move on from the game until I'd completed it, but since I took up Final Fantasy XI, I've had two on the go.