An idea I had the other day (warchest).....

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: An idea I had the other day.....

Post by Megamixer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:46 pm

I'll be alright. I'm hoping to be on the road later this year so petrol and insurance will ensure that I don't have tons of money to waste on ebay :lol:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:50 pm

I don't have tonnes of money to spend on eBay either - doesn't stop me though :?
Nintendo DS games: 41

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Yup.

I'm looking at a upscaler for PlayStation which was officially endorsed by SCEI.

It's like £80, but I want it to play PS2 on my monitor via VGA. :lol:
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:44 am

As long as I have the available balance (I don't do overdrafts/debt, etc) I will spend on whatever I like, when I like.

I do save money every month but that's towards my Japan holiday fund :)

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:01 am

Used to do this sort of thing when I was big on miniature wargames setting a side a minis budget every month. Me and a few friends turned it into a bit of a challenge in the end which was good fun. As far as gaming goes though I very rarely scour ebay for my gaming fix so would be pretty moot to really try and do something like this. Mind you most of what I'm interested in is rebuilding my old collections plus a few I always wished I had.

Will be interesting to see what deals y'all pick up though!

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:55 am

Rinoa wrote:As long as I have the available balance (I don't do overdrafts/debt, etc) I will spend on whatever I like, when I like.

Ah yeah, I don't have an overdraft. I'm glad I don't either. :)
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Simon14

Post by Simon14 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:59 am

Every time i have Change i just throw it into a jar, Then i have the money if i want stuff, i rarely buy small things, from shops, so when i do but stuff its normally off my Card or on the Net.

I went throught a stage of picking up Coins off the floor, its amazing how much money you can find if you look for it.

Mr Vengeance

Re: An idea I had the other day (warchest).....

Post by Mr Vengeance » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm limiting what I put into it to fivers or tenners max. I'm not going to put change into it though cause there could come a day that I have no change for the bus and I'd open it up :roll:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Mr Vengeance wrote:I don't have tonnes of money to spend on eBay either - doesn't stop me though :?
How does that work then? Myself, I'm staying well away from overdrafts and credit cards so that I CAN'T cause any major damage :lol:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Mr Vengeance wrote:I don't have tonnes of money to spend on eBay either - doesn't stop me though :?
How does that work then? Myself, I'm staying well away from overdrafts and credit cards so that I CAN'T cause any major damage :lol:
Perhaps I should say I have the money, and its not overdrafts or credit cards, but it would be better spent elsewhere really. I'm capping the spending on eBay now for the next while....or so the plan goes.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Mr Vengeance wrote:
Megamixer wrote:
Perhaps I should say I have the money, and its not overdrafts or credit cards, but it would be better spent elsewhere really. I'm capping the spending on eBay now for the next while....or so the plan goes.
That's pretty much the same as me tbh. Although my plan to give spending a bit of a rest fell apart when my latest purchases from weeks ago (see the photos thread) arrived and I had to pay a hefty import tax that I wasn't expecting :(

Nienna

Re: An idea I had the other day (warchest).....

Post by Nienna » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 pm

I do that with change only. Had about £80 quid in coppers once, can't remember what I used it on tho and the bank staff were not amused. I never dig into it because its all change . If there was notes in there I would have no chance. I can not save money and I don't have a bank account (just use the boyfriends one). We would never have a credit card because I would just run into debt with it the first day I had.
As quoted by Mike Wilson: plz join my group i need justice for my son!! Just join my group and pass it on n so on!! plz help me and most of all help Liam get justice http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-f ... 9196440290

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:02 am

Rinoa wrote:As long as I have the available balance (I don't do overdrafts/debt, etc) I will spend on whatever I like, when I like.

Same here, except my holiday fund is for our trip to Funspot and Alaska in June! :D

It's a nice idea but surely that 'throwaway money' would be better put in a bank account where it will at least earn a bit of interest... Also it would be more difficult to get at it that way so less tempting to just dip in.
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:31 pm

witchfinder wrote:

Same here, except my holiday fund is for our trip to Funspot and Alaska in June! :D

It's a nice idea but surely that 'throwaway money' would be better put in a bank account where it will at least earn a bit of interest... Also it would be more difficult to get at it that way so less tempting to just dip in.

I have half a roll of Sellotape around the lid to prevent me touching the cash within!

I'm a pretty determined chap me though, I'll not open it till August :)