Birthday Metrosexual (Metro 2033)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Loftgroover

Re: Birthday Metrosexual (Metro 2033)

Post by Loftgroover » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:19 pm

I am going to pick it up...really want an FPS with a satisfying 1 player side.
Love Bad Company 2 online but the campaign was lacking and far too easy.

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:40 am

Okay, I've finished this game..all I'm gonna say is wait until you get to "Chapter 4 : War" you'll all see what I was talking about, I'm telling all , your gonna be sorry paying full price for this..I'm trying to save you all a few bucks..but if you insist. then totally up to you to throw your money away. It is a good game but not a very good game. my score on the previous page is more or less correct..it is no way near 9/10 , I feel the reviewers have been bough off on this review, it's a standard affair with flawed controls , storyline is good be very vague and ohh yeah, wait till you have to take charge of an Artillery gun :lol: you been saying..Greyfox was right! :oops:
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:42 am

Greyfox wrote:Okay, I've finished this game..all I'm gonna say is wait until you get to "Chapter 4 : War" you'll all see what I was talking about, I'm telling all , your gonna be sorry paying full price for this..I'm trying to save you all a few bucks..but if you insist. then totally up to you to throw your money away. It is a good game but not a very good game. my score on the previous page is more or less correct..it is no way near 9/10 , I feel the reviewers have been bough off on this review, it's a standard affair with flawed controls , storyline is good be very vague and ohh yeah, wait till you have to take charge of an Artillery gun :lol: you been saying..Greyfox was right! :oops:
:( ........................I hope not sir, but thanks for the thought, at least your trying

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Sepp did you, or anyone else, buy this on 360?

Just got it today as it was on sale in GS but wont be able to play it till next week.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:39 pm

I've been interested in this for a while, but with games like Just Cause 2 that I really want to play, I might wait until it comes down in price. Looks bloody awesome, though I will admit.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Joey wrote:Sepp did you, or anyone else, buy this on 360?

Just got it today as it was on sale in GS but wont be able to play it till next week.
I did, and I thought it was totally awesome (so much so I wrote an amazon review for it) I played it thro 3 times, it's brutal, but once you get the layout of each stage, it'll hook you. Enjoy :D

PS - The book is also awesome :wink:

takesages

Post by takesages » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:46 am

I was dissapointed with this game, dood. I still dont really understand why it gets such high scores. I gave it a 7 when I reviewed it, which was a fair score for a fairly average shooter.

The story was by far the weakest part. I haven't read the novel, but the plot made no sense. Throughout the entire game you're subjected to this flashy set pieces where these magic radioactive things talk to you or something, and then at the end you get whisked up to their magical castle as it builds around you and you do some more fancy running away. It seemed added on for the sake of it and come the credits roll you still have no more of an idea what the hell was going on than you did at the start.

The actual gameplay was alright. Could have done without the pointless 'towns' which are nothing more than glorified menu systems to buy new ammo in, but it's otherwise an average FPS that I didn't feel was worth getting excited over at all.

What it does do well ends up feeling really weak compared to say, STALKER, which has all the atmosphere and none of the dodgy aiming or incredibly linear tunnel levels.

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:51 am

I love how much people either love, or hate this game. Proper cult status. For me, it was unlike any other shooter I’d played, and I only read 1 review of it, so I wasn’t all that fussed on the hype, I just really enjoyed it.