Games that provokes your emotions.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

resident paul

Games that provokes your emotions.

Post by resident paul » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:42 am

Most games I played makes me happy & satisfied but a few makes me anger of frustration of the likes of puzzle games & some platform games, some have shocks that jump of my skin like Resi evil & some have very scary creepy feeling of the likes of silent hill.
What games provokes your emotions?

Bub&Bob

Re: Games that provokes your emotions.

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:46 am

Sam Fox Strip Poker gives me the horn
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Playing Batman AA made me feel like the powerful hunter
Too Human made me cry
Fable 1 made me laugh at the 'British' humour

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:18 pm

I remember getting quite choked up when finishing Crimson Sea.

I remember laughing my ass off at FFX's attempts at emotion, ugh...

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:19 pm

Rayne wrote:I remember laughing my ass off at FFX's attempts at emotion, ugh...
You have no soul. :(

:lol:

The music really gets to me for some reason.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:20 pm

GTA4 really helps after a stressful day at work!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:28 pm

speedlolita wrote:
Rayne wrote:I remember laughing my ass off at FFX's attempts at emotion, ugh...
You have no soul. :(

:lol:

The music really gets to me for some reason.
I'll give you that, the music score is wonderful. I just couldn't take the voice acting or characters seriously.

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Final fantasy 7-9 the music and the graphics along with the stories really moved me,i can still remember some of the tunes in it..

Nienna

Post by Nienna » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Lost Odyssey made me cry.
As quoted by Mike Wilson: plz join my group i need justice for my son!! Just join my group and pass it on n so on!! plz help me and most of all help Liam get justice http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-f ... 9196440290

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Final Fantasy VIII (the space scene coupled with 'Eyes on Me') was pretty emotional at times to me.

Likewise the endings of the Yakuza games were similarly emotive as they were extremely sad and epic in execution.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Nienna wrote:Lost Odyssey made me cry.
The stories in Lost Odyssey made me dewey eyed :(

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Project Zero was the first (and still currently only) game to make me scream
Shanara was the first game where I felt an emotional attachment with the characters (probably due to being the first spoken adventure I'd played) - I remember feeling genuinely sad when one of the characters died.
Dungeon Master, just for the pure feeling of awe at experiencing such an excellent game
Uncharted makes me laugh sometimes at Drake's quips and comments he makes to himself
Other than those - anger, frustration, but also fun and sense of accomplishment (and relief)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:53 pm

First game to really get to me emotionally was Secret Of Mana on the SNES....dunno why, there's nothing too deep in the plot of the game or anything...but it was the first Squaresoft game I ever played and I just loved the music in it, seemed to fit the mood of every part of the story perfectly. :)

Since then....I'll admit to feeling pretty sad at the end of disc 1 of Final Fantasy 7 :(

I've jumped a few times whilst playing Resident Evil games, however, none of them have gotten to me as much as Silent Hill did....the first 3 Silent Hill games made me feel uneasy as hell if I played them for too long (ie any more than about half an hour) in one sitting.

More recently, I've really fallen in love with Super Mario Galaxy (figuratively speaking)...the orchestral score is just mind blowing (easily the best I've ever heard in a game) and goes a long way towards making you smile while you play it :) Also, A Boy & His Blob on Wii has stirred my emotions too....again, great music but the hand drawn animation also looks lovely too and I just keep thinking what a beautifully put together game it is every time I load it up :)

Special mentions also goes to Project Rub and The Rub Rabbits on the DS....don't think I've laughed so much in ages :lol:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:00 pm

I remember the frenzy the ending of disc 1 of FF7.Even rumors circulated that you could press a key combo to save Aerith!
Last edited by Fred83 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Klonoa on PS1 made me feel quite weepy, especially near/at the end. Trouble is, I last played it in 2003 and have forgotten what happened! I don't even remember it being particularly THAT sad, it was something about how magically cute and well-put together that game was.

That bit in Illusion Of Time/Gaia on SNES, where you're on this raft and you've got this travelling companion who's a pig, and because the voyage is long and you have no food, he sacrifices himself so you can eat, a bit of ham, some pork, maybe a few rashers of bacon, that was HEARTBREAKING(!) Truly. :oops:

Last game that truly stuck with me was GTAIV, especially the depth of Niko's characterisation. Apart from the fact that I don't go around killing people, he reminded me very much of myself, so I identified quite a lot with the character and became very connected with the game, and despite the subject matter, I think the characters and city itself exude great warmth. Even watching the end credits, all those panning shots of different parts of Liberty City, the amazing amount of work the creators put into it, I found it very moving, the game had a massive amount of love put into it.