Project Needlemouse (new 2D Sonic game)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

C=Style

Project Needlemouse (new 2D Sonic game)

Post by C=Style » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:25 am

Have we talked about his already here? I've done a search and couldn't find anything, Anyway a new 2D sonic game is on it's way, kinda news to me lol but then I'm not really up on the latest goings on in videogames at all.

Teaser Trailer here.

Has been confirmed recently that it will contain everyones favourite spiky blue hedgehog as the only playable character... at last! link.

More info here.

So, sounds good yeah? Just what we wanted, a brand new "back to roots" 2D sonic game. Yay for Sega, surely they can't mess this one up? :wink:

lostSUNDAY

Re: Project Needlemouse (new 2D Sonic game)

Post by lostSUNDAY » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:28 am

Ye saw Sonic would be the only playable character. They got me with the ploy thingy they ran on their blog, thought there would be more playable characters...as usual. Im happy, but still not 100% convinced. Just becuase they "go back to the roots" only starring Sonic, doesn't really say much. I dont want something thats basically just a HD version of Sonic 1. Im hopeing for a 2D HD Sonic game with some new twists. I dont know what tho...maybe some sort of XP system that can make SLIGHT changed to your speed/toughness jump ability ect. Maybe an interesting unlock system? Maybe a perk system similar to the one in MW2 that can change sonics abilitys one way or the other. They could be unlocked via special challanges preformed during the stages. Maybe a small inventory system? I don't know, just throwing ideas out here. =)
They need to do something, because i've played the first 2D Sonic games on pretty much every consoles i own and i don't need a HD version of them. When it comes to SEGA in 2010 i dare not to take anything for granted. >.<
Last edited by lostSUNDAY on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play for Today My SEGA youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/lostSUND4Y

harlequ1n

Post by harlequ1n » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:30 am

I remember some talking about this but don't remember whether it was here or on another forum :D Anyway, hope the game finally meets the expectations of fans and newcomers alike.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:48 am

I don't believe any of it for a second, there was very similar talk for unleashed then they introduced the werehog bits :?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:31 am

Yeah I herd it was download only

FlyHighKid

Post by FlyHighKid » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:36 pm

C=Style wrote:Have we talked about his already here? I've done a search and couldn't find anything, Anyway a new 2D sonic game is on it's way, kinda news to me lol but then I'm not really up on the latest goings on in videogames at all.

Teaser Trailer here.

Has been confirmed recently that it will contain everyones favourite spiky blue hedgehog as the only playable character... at last! link.

More info here.

So, sounds good yeah? Just what we wanted, a brand new "back to roots" 2D sonic game. Yay for Sega, surely they can't mess this one up? :wink:
Image Image
psj3909 wrote:What next, Scary Movie better than Schindlers List ? What is everyone smoking.

JackBurton-Me

Post by JackBurton-Me » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:00 pm

It's hopefully going to be good. But you have to wonder why it's taken Sega so long. They must be really slow learners.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:15 pm

JackBurton-Me wrote:It's hopefully going to be good. But you have to wonder why it's taken Sega so long. They must be really slow learners.
Maybe they read my moan about my ideal Sonic game

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Anyone played Sonic 1 Megamix?

If ever there was an example of how to do a good modern Sonic game, it'd be that.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Dizrythmia

Post by Dizrythmia » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:33 pm

They just need Mario as a hidden character & it will automatically make it the greatest platformer EVER :D

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Anyone played Sonic 1 Megamix?

If ever there was an example of how to do a good modern Sonic game, it'd be that.
I just started playing through this a few days ago, it the best sonic games for years.
im about half way throught the megamix levels, its very well put toghteher.
I like the way you can play the original MD version sonic1 with the spin dash & homing attack move set aswell :D
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

PacSuit

Post by PacSuit » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:55 am

I like the fact that people are saying this is the first 2D sonic game in years, yet the Sonic Rush series gets nothing what so ever, for being a 2D Sonic Game.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:57 am

Im still waiting on news of Sonic 2 HD
There sure taking there time making that one

Sir Hilary Bray

Post by Sir Hilary Bray » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:50 am

Sonic 2 HD? I want the first one :lol:

Joey

Post by Joey » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:22 am

All i want is a 2D sonic in HD, with good music like in Sonic Rush, nice big interesting levels (hidden areas and items maybe even some set pieces) and some intersesting bosses, taking up the whole screen or even larger!