So, What is your collection goal?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

retrojc

So, What is your collection goal?

Post by retrojc » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:42 am

I know this has been done before, but its nice to talk, isn't it?...

Anyway, What is the goal for your collection? are you aiming for full sets? or just a certain game that you wish to obtain? I think its really interesting to know.
Me personally, i've decided to try and collect all the Konami Gameboy games, boxed/complete, Aswell as a full pal ps1 set although it is put on hold for now. I'm planning to collect more for ps2/psp now, and n64. Have a more varied game collection instead of a solid ps1 set.

So, what about you?

speedlolita

Re: So, What is your collection goal?

Post by speedlolita » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:54 am

To obtain games with great rep, so I can see for myself how they are. Mostly though at the moment my focus is on PS2 games from japan - shmups and fighters.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:02 am

I've got two:

- Every single Darkstalkers game inc. US/Japanese releases, cover variants etc.

- Full PAL Gamecube exclusives collection. Harder than it looks since it's hard to tell which were exclusives and which weren't when most don't have the 'only on' thing in the top corner.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:05 am

Halfway to a full Dreamcast collection now (have 113 out of 217 games) but just picking them up when I see them. I could start mass buying on ebay but that seems no fun to me. Probably be another couple of years before I complete that collection. There's still 60 or 70 of the titles remaining that can be picked up for 3 or 4 quid each.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:11 am

To own every game I have ever wanted to play AND NO GAME SPAM!

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:35 am

Megamixer wrote:Full PAL Gamecube exclusives collection. Harder than it looks since it's hard to tell which were exclusives and which weren't when most don't have the 'only on' thing in the top corner.
I only realised recently, think it was you who was talking about this previously, that I'm only a couple of games off completing this. It wasn't something I was even trying to do but I might aswell now - only need Chibi Robo, Mario Party 7 and 1 or 2 more - need to find that thread...

Also, if anyone doesn't know, a complete NGPC set :D

(Dreamcast and N64 also for consideration)
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

FlyHighKid

Post by FlyHighKid » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:39 am

No specific goal for me. I just buy the games I think I'd like and have good reputation, and if I don't like them - off they go to someone who'll appreciate them.
Image Image
psj3909 wrote:What next, Scary Movie better than Schindlers List ? What is everyone smoking.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:41 am

Oh yeah and I'd like a japanese candy cab this year.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

NeilT

Post by NeilT » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:50 am

Complete Dreamcast PAL collection.

64 games to go.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:55 am

Long-term I'm aiming towards a full NES collection with as many of them boxed & complete. Also a full Squaresoft / Square Enix collection, and as much of their merchandise as possible.

Short-term I'm aiming for full Gizmondo & Game.com collections.

I do collect for other systems as well but not as excessively.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:02 am

Long-term complete PAL Sega Saturn collection including demos and magazines. The mags such as Total Saturn are mostly rarer than any of the games.
Thoughts and prayers.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:03 am

Over the past couple of months I've really got back into the N64. Have been toying with the idea of collecting for it now for ages and finally decided on NTSC US/JP games to avoid most of the bidding wars you see on some of the rarer games. Not sure how many I'm going to collect but what I do know is it's bloody good fun picking them up in great condition. I'm currently collecting boxed game only (yeah I know, paying for cardboard) I also have a little bit of interest in GC games.

WildWillyWilson

Post by WildWillyWilson » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:14 am

Full Jap MD collection- 107 down with approx 321 to go.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:18 am

Looks like e've all got some big aims, noteably though a few are considering full dreamcast collections.

I'm also considering collecting Mario games, but i'm not sure if i can be bothered. Thing i want to buy alot of hardware this year, aswell as gameboy games.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:30 am

I've got 2 main collection goals for the year:

Increase my Game and Watch Collection to 20 (so double it). They need to be boxed with instructions and I'd especially like to get Judge and Ball due to the fact that they are some of the eariest ones released. I mainly just plan to grab the odd one every month or so, usually the odd one pops up on eBay cheap.

Of course, I want to increase my Megaman collection from 60% completion to around 80% (don't quite know how many games that equates to). My main aim for the next couple of months is to grab the rest of the Complete Works games and all 6 Super Famicom releases. Thankfully I've pretty much completed the PC side of my collection with Megaman Legends, finding those damn games complete in good condition is near impossible!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*