Click - early 90's VHS based magazine

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Britpop95

Click - early 90's VHS based magazine

Post by Britpop95 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year fellow retro forumers! - I was just wondering if anybody else remembers this - but preferably in more detail.

Feel free to correct any of my sketchy memories of this but 'Click' was a monthly video game 'magazine' released on VHS at the start of the 90's.

I still own the first edition which I remember picking up from WH Smith's. It featured reviews of games such as Robocod, Super Space Invaders, Rolling Ronny and Captain Planet - amongst others. The usual tips and competitions were there, too.

In the end I think only 3 or 4 were released so it can be seen as somewhat of a disastrous fail on their part but as ever with quirky things like this (Games-X Magazine is another) i'll always have a soft spot for it.

I found the following clip on YouTube if it rings any bells with anybody. Would love to find out more information - more specifically how many issues came out and whether the staff were part of an already existing 8 or 16 bit (proper) magazine at the time etc

Might be a nice feature for Retro Gamer mag, too - unless it's already been covered in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srIdMR7aGsY
Into the Wonderful

Britpop95

Re: Click - early 90's VHS based magazine

Post by Britpop95 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:33 pm

For the record i've just found a stack of 'Click' YouTube videos - look's like somebody has included full episodes which is nice.

Part one of the first issue here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HLe_3uHrno

Also, reading the comments it looks like there were only 2 released.
Into the Wonderful

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:09 pm

Hello mate, yeah I absolutely remember this, I only ever picked up the first tape but I've been wanting to watch it since I've lost the tape now. I was working a paper round at the time and spent near half my wages buying it lol. Cheers for the link!

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Is one of those guys now in Eastenders?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Ah , just answered my own question. Yeah , Jake Wood.

Thanks for the reminder , I remember getting the first couple of videos , and very high quality they were too , much more so than those on Gamesmaster. Very entertaining it was
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"