What's Your Greatest Multiplayer Victory?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ToxieDogg

Re: What's Your Greatest Multiplayer Victory?

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:57 am

In recent years. it would have to be the time that Smurph invited me into an Xbox Live party one Friday night to play Super Street Fighter 2 HD with him and some other guys off the nowloading.co.uk forum. After which, I proceeded to murder them all. :twisted: It was a winner stays on tournament and I think I was only knocked out once that night :twisted:

He then tried to claim the next day, on this very forum, that he'd been too drunk to be any good. Yeah Smurph, I believe you.... :wink: :lol: I'm still up for a rematch at some point :)
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

SpeedBreaker

Post by SpeedBreaker » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:25 am

This isn't particularly epic but it has stuck with me. I was playing Mario Kart DS over wifi with someone. I was behind early in the race and managed to pick up a red shell. For the entire race I deliberatly stayed just a short distance behind him, holding on to the shell. On the final lap, just as the finish line was looming I fired the shell, knocked him over, and proceeded to cross the finish line. A split second later he disconnected. :lol:

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:29 pm

Modern Warfare Hardcore Search and Destroy on Downpour, 3 bad guys Vs. our hero Wayne, I'm normally always a sniper and find myself a few positions to snipe from while my team run round getting slaughtered so 9 times out of 10 I'm the last guy left alive on my team...

So anyway there I am with just my semi auto sniper rifle and a pistol for company and a bomb that needs defusing, I managed to pull off 2 no-scope head shots (no crosshairs to help either due to playing on hardcore) while running 8) and finished off the last bad guy with a grenade through the roof of the building he was hiding in :D

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:43 pm

Reminds me of one of the last MKDS Wifi races I had.

4-player Race, and I was in first when someone fired off a blue shell at me. Just as it was about to impact, I did a mini-turbo boost, just as the guy in 2nd was trying to mushroom-boost through me. He took the hit, and knocked me out of the blast radius (I've had this same thing happen on MKDD as well...)

My best victory, is also my worst, and involves Goldeneye.

4 Player game. Me, 2 friends, and 1 of their girlfriend's brothers. They were used to me winning constantly, so I volunteered to play completely unarmed in a Power Weapons game. Expecting to lose, and badly (You can imagine the glint in their eyes when they knew I would be unarmed...), I wound up getting 10 kills to 2 deaths. Needless to say, they all looked at each other, then at me, and they all put the pads down. They've never played against me in any game since...

In fact, ever since that day, nobody has ever played against me in Goldeneye or Perfect Dark. As such, I class it as my worst victory...
Where logic won't work, I will

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Once ranked within the top 30 in the UkK for SSF2HD Remix.

God, I love Ken!

Also 2 kills - 1 bullet with a Barrett .50cal in Modern Warfare to win the match.

Juggernaut Headcrush

Post by Juggernaut Headcrush » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Marshall Law versus my friends. A solid winning streak of 45 games before I retired.

Cue my victory song..."You fought the Law, and the...Law won." :mrgreen:

ThatWouldBeYour-

Post by ThatWouldBeYour- » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:47 pm

TF2, playing as spy, I got four consecutive backstabs as the last man standing in "Arena" mode. An engie, a heavy, a medic and a sniper were hanging around a dispenser. The sniper is looking out of the window aiming at the point, the heavy and the medic are patrolling, and the engie is protecting the dispenser. Somehow the medic and heavy pass me right by while I'm invisible so I uncloak and manage to backstab them both. The engie is standing there with his back to me so he goes down as well. All this, from start to finish, has taken maybe two seconds. Meanwhile, the sniper doesn't have a clue what's just happened and is still looking out of the window and away from me...

If someone as klutzy as myself ever had a "crowning moment of freakin' awesome" then that was probably it!

Britpop95

Post by Britpop95 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:59 am

retrojc mentioned gaining an extermination on Halo3 which I also earned 18 months ago (made a bit of a pigs ear with the attachment below but feel free to check it out regardless).

Even though I haven't done the following for some time as i'm kinda done with CoD for the time being, getting the last kill in a 750-740 victory is one heck of a feeling.

But when it happens to you the words open, ground and swallow all spring to mind.
Attachments
59727176-Medium.jpg
59727176-Medium.jpg (227.45 KiB) Viewed 142 times
Into the Wonderful