What's Your Greatest Multiplayer Victory?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Roo

What's Your Greatest Multiplayer Victory?

Post by Roo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Yes folks: what's your greatest multiplayer victory?

Mine would be either the time I beat my WWE-mad mate at a WWE SmackDown Vs Raw 2006 2-on-1 handicap match while using a PS2 dance mat, or the time when I beat one of my pals 7-6 at FIFA 2009 on PS3 (which I'm mince at), after being 5-2 down at the 70th virtual minute of a real-time 12 minute game. I was NUFC btw, with Ameobi - before he was good - and Viduka - five years after he was good - up front!

(Incidently, my most damaging loss was when I was beat at Bishi Bashi Special's Shake The Can Into Outer Space minigame last year for the first time since getting it in 2001...that was my game!)

Megamixer

Re: What's Your Greatest Multiplayer Victory?

Post by Megamixer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Has to be any deathmatch in Timesplitters Future Perfect when you and your mate are both at 99 kills, each needing one more to win. After a frantic dash, you suddenly see your mate, blast him in the face with the tactical 12-guage shotgun and snatch that last kill :twisted:

Also, F-Zero GX on the Gamecube. It's neck and neck on the home straight as you and your opponent barge each other and hammer the boost power button, desperate to be first across the line. Who will make it? Will you completely deplete your energy guage by abusing the boost thus blowing your car to pieces? Great stuff.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:02 pm

I'm a halo guy,and not so long back got Overkill Extermination, may not mean much to everyone but it means i killed the whole enemy team within 12 seconds.

i then captured their flag to win the game!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:00 pm

I once got a kill on Modern Warfare.

thl

Post by thl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:33 pm

Mine was recent as I played the entire full-length match without dying and got the last kill on Modern Warfare 2.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:35 pm

One boring day in that inde game store that I keep making reference's to. I was playing WCW Revenge against some kids that thought they where the best at it
I was Scott Steiner they where Hulk, Raven, and Nash
Que it turning into a handy capped match (three one one).
I countered every one of there moves (not hard when they mostly used strikes)then got one on his own (the old throw out the ropes trick works wonders) got a special then SSDed Raven got him in the Camel clutch and won

FlyHighKid

Post by FlyHighKid » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:20 pm

9-kill streak on Free-For-All in Modern Warfare 2 :shock:
Image Image
psj3909 wrote:What next, Scary Movie better than Schindlers List ? What is everyone smoking.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Probably getting decent on MW and MW2.

When I started playin MW online I was awful, truly shocking, it took months of play and it didn't help that I bought my 360 after MW had been out for a bit so I was behind most other players. But after a bit I got used to the guns and maps and towards the end I was winning far more than I lost. This has carried over into MW2 (after a very shaky start as i was learning the new maps) and I can now hold my own in most games, I have had a 30-0 perfect round on Favela (but I hadn't unlocked the nuke !! :x ) and had a few other games where I have dominated from start to finish. You can never get too cocky though as there are always better players.......

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:42 pm

Being like 60 - 0 on CS:Source. Public server ofc.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:52 pm

Playing 4 player Goldeneye and regularly being the one to beat was always a nice feeling :) Having gone back to it I'm nowhere near as good as I was. a. I'm slower and b. I can't remember the maps!

More recently, last Thursday night in fact, at a regular online MK Wii meet I was unstoppable all evening in the GP's. Got utterly annihilated in the battles but hey I prefer the racing anyway!

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:33 pm

Consistantly beating my buddy at Unreal Tournament 2003. He would always blame it on lag despite him having broadband and me still on dial up. Good times.

Also playing Mario Kart on the N64 at Retro Ball, considering I'm not that great at it I was on fire that day!

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:31 pm

The last moments of our 3-ish-year SPF2T grudge-tournament at the shop I used to work in. We were all incredibly evenly matched by this time, although on that particular day I somehow managed to step it up another level which eventually resulted in me beating my old boss 10 times in a row.

After the fateful 10th game, he marked the result on his chart (yes, we had a chart - it had got to that stage), removed the disk from the Playstation, took it out back and reenacted the Office Space printer destruction scene on it.

SPF2T was never played again in the shop after that. We tended not to even talk about it.

MediaCult

Post by MediaCult » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:27 am

The few times I was ranked #1 in a CS 1.6 game.

Every time I rape someone in Left4Dead2 :D
MobyGames profile: http://www.mobygames.com/user/sheet/userSheetId,131075/
PSN/Microsoft/Wii U/STEAM nickname: MediaCult (feel free to add me).

Graham Humphrey

Post by Graham Humphrey » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:01 am

Winning 5-4 on PES 2009 after being 4-2 down with less than ten minutes to go, and with ten men too, against my brother who wasn't best pleased.
Lemon Amiga is now on YouTube and Facebook!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:28 am

I've had quite a few excellent come back victories in Blazblue. I did have a great win last week where I was losing badly to a high ranked opponent in a Ranked match. In the final round of the fight I found myself trapped in the corner with almost no health left, I somehow managed to land a lucky combo with Tager which set the wheels into motion and managed to clinch a victory :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*