Wii Homebrew

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SexyWayne

Re: Wii Homebrew

Post by SexyWayne » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:44 pm

When I saw Top Gear 3000 in the list I thought blimey I wonder if it works, as no emulator I've tried would ever run it (didn't realise there was a newer version of Snes9x tho)... I'm not sure it was worth the wait TBH :lol: , I felt the same when they finally got Exhaust Heat 2 running on Zsnes.. worth the wait??? not a chance :(

One thing I've noticed with the SNES emulator tho is that some of the games are missing from W to Z and Donkey Kong Country 3 doesn't show up in the covers view, but if I switch to a normal list of roms all are there present and correct :?

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:17 am

heh yeah, though Top Gear 3000 is quite good I think, though I probably still prefer the original game. Another good perk is being to play Earthworm Jim 2 with the proper sound, it's emulated perfectly and I love that game on SNES. I have had a bit of trouble myself with some of the covers not showing too, only with the SNES one though, I'm gonna have a look at tutorial on this so I can try and grab my own cover scans (inc JP releases) and resize them accordingly.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:02 am

Iirc doesn't the first Earthworm Jim lock up on Zsnes too?? not a game I like but little niggles like that get on my wick, the same with Actraiser 2, it locks up on the mode 7 level intro on Zsnes, runs perfectly on Snes9x, again it's a game I don't rate but hate the fact that it won't run unless I use a different emulator :evil:

Romulous

Post by Romulous » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:40 am

A new version of SDL MAME has been released, version 0.5.

There does not appear to be that many changes accord to the change log.

* Downgraded to MAME 0.134u4 due to issues with some ROMs not working
* SDL no longer used for video; FPS is increased
* WiiMote Sensor support more stable
* Fixed default font being too small; the custom font has been removed

* Upgraded MAME to 0.135
* Added WiiMote Sensor support
* Stereo support fixed
* Game list now shows up to 150 ROMs instead of just 15
* Changed USB/SD detection (Tries USB first, then falls back to SD)

* Upgraded libfat to 1.0.6, hopefully this fixes the SD card corruption bug
* Added USB support (Start SDL MAME Wii from a USB drive to enable it)
* Fixed "Unexpected option gl_lib queried" error log
* Fixed Nunchuck control mapping
* Switched Buttons 1 and 2 around (by public demand)
* Fixed support for some games (including Donkey Kong and Frogger)
* Moved errors.txt and ui.bdf files into /mame/

* First official release
Failure isn't about falling down, failure is staying down.

Romulous

Romulous

Post by Romulous » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:45 am

Is this DS emulator for the Wii an early April fools or a real WIP, guess we will have to wait and see.

http://arikadosblog.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... -this.html

And here is the code repository where i guess they will release the code when available.

http://code.google.com/p/wiids/

Romulous

Romulous

Re: Wii Homebrew - Atari 7800 Emulator

Post by Romulous » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:14 am

Just noticed this on Wiibrew.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii7800

Romulous

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Mon May 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Well, thought I'd share this piece of info just in case you don't know.

the Snes9x GX emulator has received some very important updates just recently, of course I didn't know this because the cover flow version I was using (and maybe some other people here maybe) appeared to disable auto updates, so it wasn't until I logged into Homebrew Browser that I see it's had a whole load of updates in the last couple of weeks.

I've now got rid of the coverflow version and updated to the latest offical release. The most important change is that the sound has now been updated to the same as the latest Snes9x core, which is pretty much a whole new sound engine with better timing and better replication of sound fx. The games sound fantastic now! This was my only gripe with GX as it didn't sound quite as authentic in some games as ZSnes. It does now, and then some.

Just chuck on Contra III: Alien wars, Axelay or Super Castlevania IV and hear the difference! This emu is pretty much perfect now, oh and btw the throttle has been mapped to the classic controller right stick at last too.

Romulous

Post by Romulous » Mon May 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Oooh, nice update, need to have another blast once i finish messing with this bleeding iphone.

Romulous

Dizrythmia

Post by Dizrythmia » Mon May 10, 2010 11:10 pm

TheNewMonkey wrote:
C=Style wrote:I wanted to mention that the other day I ordered one of these:

I have one of these, the only problem is like you say when playing N64 games downloaded from the wii shop the R&Z buttons are swapped around.
I havnt tried it on the Wii64 emulator yet, but it should be ok if theres a button config on it.

The Snes & Megadrive pads work no probs on the virtual console & on the emulators i use it all the time.

overall its a good buy :)
I'd rather one of these:

I bought one to try out with a few emulators. Works great with a SNES controller (others don't work) & it allows you to connect it to the Wiimote so you have the freedom of a wireless connection.

http://retrospekt.com.au/post/427894637 ... ii-adapter

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Tue May 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Yeah they're quite good but I didn't want one for a couple of reasons, one was the ability to also use it with the Cube, and also as the NES pads don't work (they are built for the clone systems), I also wanted a N64 adaptor, but tbh I use the classic controller pro with the emulators now as it's just a superior pad, no point handicapping yourself for the sake of authenticity.

Anyway, got another treat for you Wiibrewer's

This is the latest build of the the WIP GenplusGX emu <click>. Quite a few improvements have been made in this build (especially to the GUI which is very nice now), added options in the video and sound menus, it really is the best MD emu in the world™. 8)

thesubcon3

Post by thesubcon3 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm going to have to start checking this thread more regularly... I haven't updated my emulators in over a year as I have channels for them which don't update properly. Does anyone either know of a site that has custom channels for the newest emulators or a link to a tutorial on how to easily make channels? The new SNES9x update is a must have and the MD one sounds promising as well!

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Tue May 11, 2010 3:37 pm

What you really want to use is a forwarder so you don't have to rely on someone having to make a new channel everytime there's an update. A forwarder doesn't contain the emulator itself in the wad it merely points to the DOL file which you can replace and update however often you like without losing your channel.

I use some of this page (mainly the MD/NES and SNES as they are all made in the same style they look good imo), they should tell you where the forwarder points to so you know where to put your files.

<link>

That should help you.

if you don't like the look of them then have a look on wadder forums for animated channel forwarders and you should find some you like.

Romulous

Wiisx Playstation emulator

Post by Romulous » Wed May 19, 2010 3:42 pm

There is a beta preview showing on emulatemii which looks as though it is shaping up quite nicely.

http://emulatemii.com/

What a blast it would be playing PSX games on the Wii.

Romulous

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sat May 29, 2010 11:12 am

Ok so I've spent the last couple of days hacking the Wii, installed IOS's etc.. and got backups running using NeoGamma, what I really want to do is rip all my games and throw them onto a USB HDD as sooner or later the kids are gonna damage one of the discs... the other sunday when I got up the kids were already up and playing on the Wii and one of em had just dumped the Peppa Pig disc on the floor :evil:

Is it as simple as putting the ripped ISO onto the HDD and starting up USB Loader?? and also is USB loader simple enough for the kids to navigate once it's all set up?? ideally I'd like to be able to have seperate folders on the HDD for their games and my more adult games

Romulous

Post by Romulous » Sat May 29, 2010 3:45 pm

It's very easy to do mate, but not the type of thing to discuss openly on the forum.

PM either C=Style or myself as a last resort.

I've not bothered with my Wii for ages so C=Style would be more upto date on this aspect.

Romulous