*NEW* How much money spent and how many hours a week played

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

AceGrace

Re: *NEW* How much money spent and how many hours a week played

Post by AceGrace » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:46 am

I probably spend between £100- £200 a month, mainly on new games.

I really must try and wait a couple of months for the prices to drop.

I spend probably about 4 hours a week on gaming. In the weekday evenings, I am usually too knacked and just veg out in front of the telly. :cry:

I am also seriously considering buying more retro games because I find they hold my attention more.

I am also considering finally learning assembler so that I can write a game but can't decide which machine, spectrum or C64.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:40 am

As most people have said, expenditure can vary wildly. On average I'd guess about £100-150 a month. But random things can catch my eye or attention, a fortnight ago I got a random urge to go get a Dreamcast...

Games wise I probably put 2 hours on average a day...15 a week...60 a month? Never really stopped to count :)

Type2XS

Post by Type2XS » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:37 am

Usually around £100-150, but that's gonna change, soon. I quit my job and will go to university next year. Luckily my backlog is huge enough that I could easily survive all those studies :D

Over the week I usually play around 10 to 20 hours, with weekend usually be the peak.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:53 am

Type2XS wrote:Usually around £100-150, but that's gonna change, soon. I quit my job and will go to university next year. Luckily my backlog is huge enough that I could easily survive all those studies :D

Over the week I usually play around 10 to 20 hours, with weekend usually be the peak.
think again :wink:

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:04 am

uni was a pretty hard time for games for me - mainly due to stupid SLC rules on family income, assuming parents on an average income fund their kids through uni. Getting £3150 a year (-£2600 on rent) means I had to live on £550 per year :?

Roo

Post by Roo » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:48 am

Average spent per month: (at a guess) £50-£60
Average time spent playing games per week: 3-4 hours.

pforson

Post by pforson » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm in the minority of the tight fisted. Although I consider that to be a good thing.

I'm strange in the fact that I tend to emulate a lot more than purchase and as such my money spent buying games is very low - I estimate no more than £20 per month.

However, I love tinkering with hardware and building stuff. Which costs money. Money spent on hardware (pc's, laptops, lcds, wire, switches, glue, solder etc. etc.) in the last 3 months is probably around the £800 mark. I do now have multiple 'projects' on the go and I have most of the expensive hardware already purchased, so I can't see me spending more than a couple of hundred in the next 4-5 months.

Time spent gaming: <10 hours a week. Sometimes no more than 30mins on my ipod on the train per day.

Time spent 'tinkering' with computer related hardware (new and old): 30 hours per week. Although I need to cut down.

Ta,
Pete
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)