ps2 collecting

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

Re: ps2 collecting

Post by DPrinny » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Megamixer wrote: (and yes, I hope you do get rid of that Smackdown art Prinny :lol: . Still, not as bad as that nasty football-themed PS2 arcade stick that I've seen in the past...)
Even if it is for laying the Smackdown
speedlolita wrote:Something like that isn't worth fixing up. :x
IT DON'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!

stvd

Post by stvd » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:50 pm

Some of my PS2 stuff (the rest is in storage).

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 pm

A man after my own heart. Plenty of cracking rpg's and survival horror in there :D

Can't see me ever finding a reasonably priced Rule of Rose though :(
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:29 pm

That is a fantastic collection stvd. So many great games there :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

stvd

Post by stvd » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Megamixer wrote:That is a fantastic collection stvd. So many great games there :)
Thanks. The other half (that isn't shown) is slightly less fantastic. :D

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:06 pm

stvd wrote:
Megamixer wrote:That is a fantastic collection stvd. So many great games there :)
Thanks. The other half (that isn't shown) is slightly less fantastic. :D
if you want to see lowlights of the collection i have some odds and ends bought for a laugh for a few pence

including....cheggers party quiz :lol: 25p clearly well spent just to see the luck on the cex employees face as he had to find the disc for that one :lol:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 pm

flatapex wrote:including....cheggers party quiz :lol: 25p clearly well spent just to see the luck on the cex employees face as he had to find the disc for that one :lol:
This even exists on PS2? I knew it was on the Wii but I didn't know that the poor PS2 had to suffer as well!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Megamixer wrote:
flatapex wrote:including....cheggers party quiz :lol: 25p clearly well spent just to see the luck on the cex employees face as he had to find the disc for that one :lol:
This even exists on PS2? I knew it was on the Wii but I didn't know that the poor PS2 had to suffer as well!
it did indeed, i wanted a decent box as i have some nice ps2 stuff and the boxes are so flimsy, when i saw that so cheap i had to get it.

my other particular gem on the ps2 is the wonderfully named 'carwash tycoon' phoenix games we love you :lol:

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:43 am

Seeing Ico up there, I really must play this some day :oops: PS2 is one of my most played consoles but ive never picked up Ico for some reason, despite people saying its ace.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Took a while to refind this thread, I remember reading about someone buying Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on the PS2, something I'd not heard of being released before, I stuck it on my amazon wish list at the time, atlast after all this time of it being £120 on Amazon, one appeared last week for £7.50, a new seller in Spain, I thought surely not, so bought it half expecting it to be cancelled, but today in the letter box it had arrived, still shrinkwrapped and new! (it said it was used in the listing!) Game is in English, but it says the manual is Spanish & Italian, I am fine with that though as can speak Spanish. Can't believe I got it so cheap. Also picked up ICO over the past year, Quarth (Jap) and Intelegence Cube Remix (Jap) just wish I had a PS2 that would play imports!
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:40 pm

^Git, been after it for a none stupid price or months

Now arcade(ish) games

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:59 pm

me too! :lol: Amazon wish lists rule, I must check it 3 or 4 times a day, prices change so much on there. Totally lucked with Fire Pro though. A couple of times I missed out, Captain Commando on the PS1 dropped from £125 to £10, I bought it, but it was a new seller who then had all his listings cancelled, so it was bogus, also Metroid Trilogy on the Wii came up at £25, by the time I got to check out, someone faster than me had also got in the basket too and got to the payment screen first, doh, some you win, some you loose.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:38 am

nokgod wrote:
It's crap anyway. :wink:
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 am

nakamura wrote:
nokgod wrote:
It's crap anyway. :wink:
:lol: Gone off the idea anyway, money better spent elsewhere. I have, however, got a nice addition on its way from America. Pic when it arrives, of course. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:58 pm

DPrinny wrote:^Git, been after it for a none stupid price or months

You keeping chickens in there or something? That floor needs a ruddy good sweeping. :wink:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD