ps2 collecting

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

MadManDan79

Re: ps2 collecting

Post by MadManDan79 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:02 pm

I've got about 25 games for my PS2 consoles though that figure is steadily rising...

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:59 am

I recently started watching Alias (the TV show) and someone got me the PS2 game for a birthday present. It's actually not bad!

Oh, and that brings my PS2 total up to 99 games, apparently. Struggling to find stuff I want these days - 100 might still be a way off.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:23 am

theantmeister wrote:I recently started watching Alias (the TV show) and someone got me the PS2 game for a birthday present. It's actually not bad!

Oh, and that brings my PS2 total up to 99 games, apparently. Struggling to find stuff I want these days - 100 might still be a way off.
Since you're on decent TV adaptations, could I tempt you with Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds?

Or perhaps Battlestar Galactica?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:17 am

Ooh what's the BSG game like?

Gigifusc

Post by Gigifusc » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:23 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:You mean fraud?
Oh dear.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:28 am

Gigifusc wrote:
Oh dear.
Why 'oh dear'? Marking stuff as a gift to avoid paying the appropriate taxes is fraud, just the same as failing to declare the correct amount of earnings or anything else. It's a deliberate lie to get out of paying.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:43 pm

djcarlos wrote:Ooh what's the BSG game like?
I seem to remember enjoying it and at the same time thinking: "this isn't that great, but its BSG!" The controls were a bit 'floaty' I think
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:17 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Gigifusc wrote:
Oh dear.
Why 'oh dear'? Marking stuff as a gift to avoid paying the appropriate taxes is fraud, just the same as failing to declare the correct amount of earnings or anything else. It's a deliberate lie to get out of paying.
There is a difference between a favour and a business transaction. The issue is that the authorities are geared towards the 99.9% of movement of goods which are for business purposes which is right, rather than ordinary people sending presents or exchanging items with friends that share the same interest

binaryRooster

Post by binaryRooster » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:16 am

I'm not sure where these have been unearthed from, but Argos have Shadow Hearts from the new world and three Shin Megami Tensi titles for sale.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerm/ps2.htm

van

Post by van » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:31 am

flatapex wrote:the key to importing is:
a reliable stateside contact that will package everything well, be reliable and follow instructions to make sure something is not going to run you for customs charges

get that right and you will just need to keep them sweet so they will keep doing you favours
I agree.

I live in the USA, and I have provided many games to members here that live in other countries. I have not heard of any customs issues happening with my transactions.
Members I have worked with always seemed to be happy with my packaging and timely shipping. It's just a shame it costs so much to ship to you guys.
Selling one game really isn't worth it for either party, but it's great to lot up a bunch of stuff at once. I remember hunting down a ton of SNES carts for somebody here and that went well.
Also, I have done multiple trades where I send games for those darn fruit-gum candies you guys have access to.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:46 am

flatapex wrote:There is a difference between a favour and a business transaction. The issue is that the authorities are geared towards the 99.9% of movement of goods which are for business purposes which is right, rather than ordinary people sending presents or exchanging items with friends that share the same interest
I'm not disagreeing with you.

You're missing the previous quote from the conversation:
stayAwhile wrote:does the rule of marking as gift still work to avoid customs
StayAwhile specifically mentions avoiding customs, rather than appropriately marking gifts. Marking a gift as such for exemption from customs duties is very different from doing so to avoid them.

Perhaps its just a grammatical error on StayAwhile's part, meaning to ask regarding exemptions, but what he actually wrote related to tax avoidance.

But I'm spiralling into pedantry now, so I shall go no further. Having a friend who'll trade gifts is fine. The vast majority of ebay sellers who use this tactic are not.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Having been given a Japanese PS2 a few months back I am now picking up a few exclusives. some brilliant stuff.

Recently got NAMcollection. never heard of it but its a compilation with Ridge racer, Ace combat, Mr Driller, Tekken, and Klonoa on it.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:18 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:Having been given a Japanese PS2 a few months back I am now picking up a few exclusives. some brilliant stuff.

Recently got NAMcollection. never heard of it but its a compilation with Ridge racer, Ace combat, Mr Driller, Tekken, and Klonoa on it.
Its a great set. I picked up mine for £6 a while back. Seemed silly to keep my PAL copy of Klonoa so I sold it and opted for this

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:50 pm

That looks like a really cool set - there are so many things like this in the Japanese PS2 library that are relatively unknown over here so finding out about them is always nice :)

Would get that myself but I already own Tekken on the PS1 and the Klonoa remake on the Wii. Not bothered about Mr Driller so buying the set for 2 games isn't really up my street tbh.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:08 pm

Megamixer wrote:That looks like a really cool set - there are so many things like this in the Japanese PS2 library that are relatively unknown over here so finding out about them is always nice :)

Would get that myself but I already own Tekken on the PS1 and the Klonoa remake on the Wii. Not bothered about Mr Driller so buying the set for 2 games isn't really up my street tbh.

Its amazing what you can pick up from Japan.

I have a list a mile long due to ther sheer amount of quality over there.

Some others I was really happy to get

A G1 Transformers game

They did a brilliant Sega ages range including Last Bronx, Dynamite cop, panzer dragoon etc

I recently got this, Was over the moon just thinking it was gunstar heroes, but look at the little pics at the bottom. yep thats also dynamite headdy and alien soldier you get on the disc as well.

this cool looking streetfighter double pack

and wanted this for so long. Sega Rally 2006. a japanese exclusive that is a fdouble pack and comes bundled with a copy of the original sega rally.

Saw this and ignored it, only to find its a series that rereleased classic arcade games on a budget label. this happens to be a shooter I love. Sonic Wings.

Fuun super combo. collects the neo geo fighters kizuna encounter and savage reign into one pack.

Some stunning stuff to collect.