Games that were too easy

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: Games that were too easy

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:10 pm

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Easy and a bit short

Pong
Its like the other player has no willingness to win

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Snes Battle Masters bought this recently and i credited it on my first go..

A lot of Megadrive Games I remember being easy

Castle and World of Illusion
Super Shinobi with the infinite shuriken cheat and the cheat to get loads of life's on the Factory
Kabuki Warrior completed this on my second go
Elemental Master
Flying Shark
Magical Flying Hat
Shadow Dancer easy but probably my favourite Megadrive game
Alien Storm
Gain Ground
Ninja Gaiden
Splatter House 3
Streets of Rage 2 as I can 1 credit now hard back in the day
Altered Beast
Strider compared to the arcade its easy
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Megamixer wrote:
woody.cool wrote:I found Tekken 3 very f*****g easy. :lol:
Just what I was going to say! The opponents didn't seem very good at blocking at all. The only characters I had trouble getting through it with were Gon and Doctor B who, to be fair, weren't exactly easy to use effectively.

The original Tekken is rock-solid in comparison with Heihachi being a demon at the end.
Gon's the only Tekken "character" I've ever enjoyed playing with! It's easier with him, just keep doing that backflip thing, maybe ocassionally the face-farting thing. Simples!
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

BornToEnd

Post by BornToEnd » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:37 pm

Sonic 3D: Flickies Island MD

The special stages especially were a joke.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:38 pm

Yeah, the Special Stages were ridiculous, but I thought some of the bosses in that game were a tad evil, particularly the ones in Volcanic Valley, Gene Gadget and Final Fight Zone. Particularly!
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:21 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Yeah, the Special Stages were ridiculous, but I thought some of the bosses in that game were a tad evil, particularly the ones in Volcanic Valley, Gene Gadget and Final Fight Zone. Particularly!
Ah yes, I truly hated that boss. The rest of the game I am fine with, just that one boss caused me a great deal of grief!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:35 am

Seadog74 wrote:Indy Heat on the amiga is too easy in 1 player mode. Still a great game when played with mates tho.
I completely forgot about that game ..... it was a gem of a game.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:57 am

Psycho Pigs UXB on the C64 was one of the few games I beat as a kid first go - still think its a laugh though!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

killbot

Post by killbot » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:22 am

I don't get the time to play games too much these days, so I like games that can be completed quite quickly. I recently picked up Eledees cheap for the Wii and completed it this morning - it only took five hours but that was spread over a couple of weeks so I don't feel ripped off. Completing a JRPG would take me literally years, which is why I don't play them (although I do still pull Baten Kaitos out for the odd session - I'm determined I'll beat it one day).

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:51 am

castle of illusion on the master system was very easy, got it for my birthday as a kid and completed it on my first go, bit gutted really but also quite proud for completing a game on my first go.

aladdin on the snes is soo easy, did that on my first go too. to the annoyance of my dad who bought me the snes one instead of the megadrive one, i told him in the shop that i would complete it straight away too but he didnt believe me.

alex kidd in shinobi world

im sure i used to be much better at games then, but then again i got lots more practise at them than the games nowadays with auto saves. not really much choice in them days.

Jeremiah Jones

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:09 pm

Mega Man 2 seemed a bit easy... at least compared to the original.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:22 pm

Really struggling to think of too many easy games, I guess that's because I don't get to complete too many.

Sonic 1/2 was always very easy at least on the MD, the MS version was a bit harder. Castle of Illusion as mentioned, also World of Illusion took the censored, you couldn't fail to complete it first time, Donald's quest was a little tougher than Mickeys but still really easy.

Machine+Soul

Post by Machine+Soul » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Panzer dragoon Saga too easy and SHORT?

Well thats a new one. Easy games I have played, er gunstar heroes, easy but wonderfully fun but you can make it harder by not using the green homing gun. World of illusion, Streets of rage 1. all great games though

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:38 am

Machine+Soul wrote:Panzer dragoon Saga too easy and SHORT?

Well thats a new one. Easy games I have played, er gunstar heroes, easy but wonderfully fun but you can make it harder by not using the green homing gun. World of illusion, Streets of rage 1. all great games though
PDS is easy, even I (who suck at RPG's) completed it without any hassle (bar 1 boss fight near the end of disc 3) and compared to other RPG's is was pretty short to (20-25 Hours? and that was with exploring and getting most of the secrets)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*